Autopsy Round 8: Sydney vs Kangaroos

Remove this Banner Ad

Just got to see a replay this morning...
Good even spread of contributors finally.
Marsh is a depth player at best.
Heeneys tackling is so underated. Beast
Buddy is more valuable deeper but struggled with body contact again
Towers is a hard matchup - tall but good below his knees. Still struggles above the shoulders though
Jack, Rohan, Allir, Rampe, Tippett. Finally some selection pressure
The amount of lead up passes allowed by north was extraordinary. Hopefully we can match the saints with grunt as lions and north haven't provided much

nah, you just run back and try and get a spoil in. most of the time you don't get knocked out and your teammates get a real adrenaline boost. its just part of the game. you can get knocked out in a thousand other instances in football. should we just forget about putting your head over the ball or crashing a pack? i didn't invent the idea of footballer's showing courage.
I'm all for players showing courage but running blindly back into packs is likely to result in an injury to the player or teammate. I don't mind some self preservation at times. However, sometimes a player needs to go when he is standing under it in the backline. I noticed Lloyd did that better on the weekend as he was a bit sus a few weeks back. Cunningham has been hard at it the last few weeks from what I've seen.

I'm all for players showing courage but running blindly back into packs is likely to result in an injury to the player or teammate. I don't mind some self preservation at times. However, sometimes a player needs to go when he is standing under it in the backline. I noticed Lloyd did that better on the weekend as he was a bit sus a few weeks back. Cunningham has been hard at it the last few weeks from what I've seen.
I like someone has picked up on Cunners improvement. I've been happy with his input the last few weeks. Pressure behind the ball in particular. He's rightly held his spot thanks to his hard work around the outside of stoppages and pressure/work rate generally IMO. Good to see & hopefully he continies to prove the doubters wrong. He'll be one of the first handful gone should he not continue to put up that kind of effort too, so it's important he maintains his effort the next 5 odd weeks (to secure some of those much talked about "credits").

Last edited:

Did anyone notice how many times the commentators said "the old guard" and "the old warriors" whenever they referred to 28 year old Kennedy, 26 year old Hannebery and 24 year old Parker ? Just goes to show how good those guys have been for so long from such a young age

What else would you expect from the 8000 nuff nuffs that were there supporting the worst club in history, oops forgot St Scum

At the game you got the feeling those 8000 nuffs knew less about the rules than our GWS friends, they were hilarious watching them ask for deliberates and calling ball every 30 seconds....bloody hell they are gold and should be protected by the AFL, a real treasure for us all to marvel at...I got so many laughs from their crazy antics.:p

At the game you got the feeling those 8000 nuffs knew less about the rules than our GWS friends, they were hilarious watching them ask for deliberates and calling ball every 30 seconds....bloody hell they are gold and should be protected by the AFL, a real treasure for us all to marvel at...I got so many laughs from their crazy antics.:p

Yeah the north crowd just listening from home on tv sounded like theyd never seen the rules

Remove this Banner Ad

Back