Autopsy Round 8: Sydney vs Kangaroos

Remove this Banner Ad

#lolnorf
Booing Buddy from his first possession onwards was uncool. After what happened to Adam, this makes me very uncomfortable...

Buddy gets booed because he's Buddy (same as Goodes to some extent). Let's not start this again.

Buddy gets booed because he's Buddy (same as Goodes to some extent). Let's not start this again.
I'm kind of thinking that same thing now. But being honest with you it was my first thought too. It all came flooding back & I thought "s**t, not again".

Why are we comparing Hayward and Florent ? Both are 18 year olds miles away from unleashing their full potential. Florent's just as likely to over-take Hayward in his development. You just never know. I'm sure they'll both be quality players for us in the future

id be more accepting of reid going back.if the same was asked of kurt tissue...regardless of form he will keep his preffered positions in ruck and kpf...yet reid is asked to play here there and everywhere regardless of form
Tippett is in no way shape or form a defender. Turning circle of the Titanic. Tries hard but Reid marks as well, is able (through agility) to put on more pressure. Yeah, nah.

Why are we comparing Hayward and Florent ? Both are 18 year olds miles away from unleashing their full potential. Florent's just as likely to over-take Hayward in his development. You just never know. I'm sure they'll both be quality players for us in the future
Because we can... Sure, there's lots of water to go under the bridge but why can't we compare them now? Who's it harming? Why complain about it? Don't like it, ignore it.

I'm kind of thinking that same thing now. But being honest with you it was my first thought too. It all came flooding back & I thought "s**t, not again".
What else would you expect from the 8000 nuff nuffs that were there supporting the worst club in history, oops forgot St Scum

Because we can... Sure, there's lots of water to go under the bridge but why can't we compare them now? Who's it harming? Why complain about it? Don't like it, ignore it.

Wasn't complaining and didn't say I disliked it. I asked why it was being discussed when it seemed to be a kind of circle-the-drain conversation that doesn't hold much substance really. Maybe it's just me personally but i've never bothered getting amped about young kids because you never know what will happen in the future. Same as i never bother getting disappointed at young kids like BJ, Foote etc because you don't know what the future holds. I recall getting uber excited about Gary Rohan when he first started and he's basically at the same level he was like seven years ago. But each to their own.

Wasn't complaining and didn't say I disliked it. I asked why it was being discussed when it seemed to be a kind of circle-the-drain conversation that doesn't hold much substance really. Maybe it's just me personally but i've never bothered getting amped about young kids because you never know what will happen in the future. Same as i never bother getting disappointed at young kids like BJ, Foote etc because you don't know what the future holds. I recall getting uber excited about Gary Rohan when he first started and he's basically at the same level he was like seven years ago. But each to their own.
Fair enough mate.

Just excited about our young blokes & love the energy talking about them brings in what has been a tough start this year. They are the shining light in amongst the bleak start. Exciting times ahead!!

#lolnorf
Booing Buddy from his first possession onwards was uncool. After what happened to Adam, this makes me very uncomfortable...
They also booed Gary Ablett when they played Gold Coast.
They boo superstars of the game capable of tearing them a new one. Wouldn't think too much of it.

Yeah don't think there seemed to be anything in it. I was more baffled by why the utensil heads were booing Heeney. Having said that, they booed Ablett the other week didn't they?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah don't think there seemed to be anything in it. I was more baffled by why the utensil heads were booing Heeney. Having said that, they booed Ablett the other week didn't they?
I did take a look through the North board during the week and I think I came across a post saying that they should give it to Heeney since he knocked back a big offer they made to him.

If that's the reason then it's absolutely hilarious.

Tippett is in no way shape or form a defender. Turning circle of the Titanic. Tries hard but Reid marks as well, is able (through agility) to put on more pressure. Yeah, nah.
Not saying tippett should play defence, what i am saying is that they would never ask him to play loose man. yet reid despite playing well up forward , is asked to go back

Definite change of style of play. It's really refreshing to see us actually hit up a target instead of bombing away long.

While it's only 2 on the trot I'm reminded of a post match interview I caught on the swans 2005 highlights DVD where Roos states (after 8 wins in 10 I think) that nothing has changed and they have just enforced what's made us a great footy club the past few years. I'm seeing something similar, 2 weeks straight we've been strong at the contest, cleaner around the ground and working as a team.

Now I'm not going to say we're back, but the signs are definately there.

I think everyone is just trusting each other more. Love seeing the boys picking each other off the ground and backing up their teammates in scuffles. Jones and Heeney particularly. Even newman was getting in there

I think that really tells a lot. Hope the biff and comradery remains throughout out the season. The mills incident was definitely a turning point

Remove this Banner Ad

Back