Autopsy Round 8: Sydney vs Kangaroos

Remove this Banner Ad

This ...

The only other possibility is that Horse has a plan to empty the forward line for periods of the game to create space for Buddy and others to work in.

Slingshot footy 2017 style?
silly...considering guys like aliir are gonna have to be the foundation of the team moving forward and the expected downfall of reg, we need all the exp we can get out of him...plus he didnt deserve to be dropped in the first place

This ...

The only other possibility is that Horse has a plan to empty the forward line for periods of the game to create space for Buddy and others to work in.

Slingshot footy 2017 style?
The only problem with that is that he has a 800 goal plus forward kicking into the forward 50 from the wing where Sinkers usually drops the mark in the forward fifty. Playing Buddy up the ground to improve our kicking into the forward half has to be the most inane game plan in living memory. To make it worse he has a kid called Dawson in the reserves who has a beautiful long kick who should be playing the firsts who could deliver lace out to Buddy. But his reserves grade coach says he needs more time in the seconds before he gets elevated and then we play a 32 year old on one leg.

Mcveigh did his hammy running down (someone) I forget who. Was a 60 metre sprint or so. You could just see it go.
Up until that moment he was fine.
I'd be shocked if he is back.
No, not "running him down". Started in front of Turner (I think) and then beside him and then the only thing he could do was to cut the corner and trying to stop him from straightening up.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Personally would rather see Sinclair stay in with Tippett than Naismith, yes he's not perfect but he's been trying his guts out lately and is one of the few people that consistently flies the flag, loves a bit of niggle.

Also yet to be convinced by the Tippett Naismith combo.
If Naismith had his knee on ice in the last quarter, he must be playing injured. Please we have no need to play injured players if replacements, like Tippett can come in.
I love that Sinclair tries all day (just wish someone could build his confidence re marking).

Stewie Maxfield was the best captain since Skilton just shading Paul Kelly. Maxfield really introduced the Bloods culture into the club. Hard, courageous and he lifted the club. Kelly is not far behind. McVeigh distant fourth. Kennedy is already in front of him. Leads by example and sheer courage.
McVeigh as captain is a distant 4th just since Maxfield. Love him as a Swan, dunno how he ended up as captain and Jude never got a go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stewie Maxfield was the best captain since Skilton just shading Paul Kelly. Maxfield really introduced the Bloods culture into the club. Hard, courageous and he lifted the club. Kelly is not far behind. McVeigh distant fourth. Kennedy is already in front of him. Leads by example and sheer courage.

Mcveigh as captain is underrated if an 8 game skipper already passed him, turn it up

Personally would rather see Sinclair stay in with Tippett than Naismith, yes he's not perfect but he's been trying his guts out lately and is one of the few people that consistently flies the flag, loves a bit of niggle.

Also yet to be convinced by the Tippett Naismith combo.
If it comes down to recent form he's got both Tippett and Naismith covered.

If Naismith had his knee on ice in the last quarter, he must be playing injured. Please we have no need to play injured players if replacements, like Tippett can come in.
I love that Sinclair tries all day (just wish someone could build his confidence re marking).
He copped a knock late in the 3rd, a few minutes to go when he went up for the ball with Goldstein. Got up gingerly, didn't spend much more time on the ground.

I was sitting about 25m from where it happened; Goldstein fell across his leg when they went down, nothing in it and probably happen another half-dozen times a game.

I thought Barry Round and Dennis Carroll were both pretty good.

I liked George Hewett's game too. I've always felt like he could be Kennedy 2.0 and this was the first game where that seemed a real possibility. Such a hard nut in the middle and actually composed and clean as well. Plus i didn't know he had pace really but he was moving really well on the outside. Hopefully this will be the start of him taking it to the next level

Remove this Banner Ad

Back