Preview Round 9, 2023: Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Sunday 14th May, 1:10PM AEST *SINCLAIR 150TH*

Who Wins?

• Crows

Votes: 36 47.4%
  • Saints

Votes: 40 52.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did the board want to sack Alves? I don't think I've ever heard the answer.
From my dim memories, I think a couple of the higher profile players didn't accept criticism or Stan's in-your-face approach and went off and sooked to the board..so the tail wagged the dog, not unlike when Watters got the chop. The Saints boards were never too good at getting behind their coach, preferring to bend to the whims of star players.
I think Lyon only took this job on under the proviso that he ultimately calls the shots.
It's interesting to look back at some of our coaches- our most successful coach in Jeans was an untried coach, who also got success later at Hawthorn. Otherwise we have had premiership coaches from other clubs in Jezza, Jewel and Blight. Unless you get the playing group and board 100% behind you as a coach, then you won't have a lot of success.

When making your assessment on the likely outcome, remember to factor in about 4 goals to the Crows courtesy of home crowd favoritism by the umpires.

Just getting in early. Why wait for Sunday arvo?
Yep, the crowd free kicks are shocking...I have witnessed a 50 m penalty paid for crowd dissent there.
Closest Thing I have seen to Crows at AO is Demons at MCG with the free goals.

Yep, the crowd free kicks are shocking...I have witnessed a 50 m penalty paid for crowd dissent there.
Closest Thing I have seen to Crows at AO is Demons at MCG with the free goals.
Eagles in WA will always trump all, except at the moment lol.

Sunny’s Sightseeing Snippets #1

Synergy is a business term that describes the extra benefit gained when adding two businesses together. The sum of the two combined is greater than the sum of each of them individually.

This is best demonstrated in Adelaide on the corner of Hindley and Morphett streets where the brothel is right next door to the adult fetishist shop.

SA where Satisfaction is Guaranteed.

There should be a church nearby as well where forgiveness is also guaranteed for a meagre donation.

Cairnsman What the hell is going on why are we playing someone that is out of their depth and won't be on an AFL list next year ?

Get on the phone and set RTB straight will you

giphy.gif

Reckon Leo’s in to be the travelling emergency, so that we don’t waste that spot on Windy, who we want to get minutes into at Sandy.

They could get him to watch Chayce Jones closely.

Sunny’s Sightseeing Snippets #1

Synergy is a business term that describes the extra benefit gained when adding two businesses together. The sum of the two combined is greater than the sum of each of them individually.

This is best demonstrated in Adelaide on the corner of Hindley and Morphett streets where the brothel is right next door to the adult fetishist shop.

SA where Satisfaction is Guaranteed.

hYjPxRW.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagles in WA will always trump all, except at the moment lol.

Bulldogs and Hawks have had a pretty solid run at it too. Remember the comical Tassie game where that little prick took the game off us? That Weagles match where they got about 40 to 2 free kicks was special though.

Can't believe I'm stooping to the levels of #airportwatch, but was Rowan Marshall with the group? I suppose if it's just a sore ankle he'd travel anyway, but I'd take any intel at this point lol
Look, me either, but I had to just to get one over Mowwy.

Yes, Rowan certainly was with the group, smiling as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back