Preview Round 9, 2023: Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Sunday 14th May, 1:10PM AEST *SINCLAIR 150TH*

Who Wins?

• Crows

Votes: 36 47.4%
  • Saints

Votes: 40 52.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which one Sun? Hard to go wrong regardless 🤤
Kaesler and Penfolds.
Henschke you have to book in advance.
Didn’t make it to Torbreck or Wolfblass.
The credit card wilted at Penfolds.
That left another 80 not mentioned.
I was impressed driving up Caves Road in Margaret River, I think I counted 50 odd wineries, Barossa just another level again.
I have 11 bottles in the boot including a 2017 Grange.
These will all get drunk in two weeks as I have family from NZ visiting.
The bro in law loves a Shiraz/Syrah.
He’s getting match fit as I write.

You can go on some great winery tours down around the Margaret River area, I've done a few of them and you can get drunk for free on all the samples.

I'm not a big wine drinker so I had no intention of buying any of their bottles, I just pretended I did.

You can go on some great winery tours down around the Margaret River area, I've done a few of them and you can get drunk for free on all the samples.

I'm not a big wine drinker so I had no intention of buying any of their bottles, I just pretended I did.
I lost a weekend in Margaret river with an overseas work colleague. He was a real wine buff, I am not, but I certainly appreciated the quality of wine that he bought. I think it really makes you seem classier to get hammered on someone elses expensive wine.....

Sunny’s Sightseeing Snippets #3

Like WA, SA has a spelling problem.

View attachment 1685993

Wait... what in the world is a beef parmi?

Nhl Referee GIF

I lost a weekend in Margaret river with an overseas work colleague. He was a real wine buff, I am not, but I certainly appreciated the quality of wine that he bought. I think it really makes you seem classier to get hammered on someone elses expensive wine.....

The first wine tour I did there was part of our rugby union end of season bus trip back in 1994, there were no wine buffs or connoisseurs on that trip.

The highlight of that tour was going to Kirup where we watched the 1994 AFL GF and got on the legendary Kirup Syrup which gets you wrecked.

cf117818e6cc38b72c13d3e9468b5261745d97b0.jpg

Sunny’s Sightseeing Snippets #5

Because Channel 7 broadcast the North v Port game this afternoon, there is no football on FTA in Adelaide this Saturday night.

It's the same deal in WA, we didn't get the Richmond v Geelong game on FTA here and instead got the awful West Coast v Gold Coast game instead.

Thank god for Kayo.

It's the same deal in WA, we didn't get the Richmond v Geelong game on FTA here and instead got the awful West Coast v Gold Coast game instead.

Thank god for Kayo.
I guess not having FTA coverage on Saturday must mean FTA coverage for tomorrow’s game at AO?

I understand your situation in WA, experienced it last year, but surely that is driven as much by the time difference as well. The Sydney v Freo game would have started around 11am I guess. If it had been shown.

To me this is a must win for the club , we don't need to be dropping a game to a club that will likely be out of the 8 by season's end.
Time to step on the gas if we want to be playing finals.

Just got back online after moving house all week and watched the North game.

I'm quietly confident we'll kick more behinds than goals at Adelaide Oval.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't really understand the hype behind the Crows.

16pt loss v GWS in Adelaide
32pt loss v Richmond at MCG
31pt win v Port in Adelaide
39pt win v Fremantle in Adelaide
56pt win v Carlton in Adelaide
3pt win v Hawthorn in Tassie
1pt loss v Collingwood in Adelaide
26pt loss v Geelong in Geelong

Their best win all year was against Port but the Showdown is always a toss up. Some wins against pushovers (Fremantle, Carlton, Hawthorn), bad loss at home v GWS and Richmond, and beaten by the other contenders - the only contender they've played in Adelaide this year has been Collingwood, so not sure where the home ground advantage stuff comes from.

We've played Adelaide Oval fairly recently and aside from King it looks like we've got a decent side out there.

I think it'll be close but wouldn't be surprised if we win it.

Not a game that we need to win, but one that may be very important in the scheme of things if we do.

Think it’s a 50/50 game, akin to Carlton a few weeks back. Though Adelaide in Adelaide has proven a tougher foe for top end teams thus far, or at least that’s the perception.

I’m expecting a win, because that is what we are capable of, and we are fielding a decent side. Won’t be surprised or disparaged by a close loss though, as long as it’s competitive.

Importantly, I think our forward line comes to play for the first time this year, especially with Adelaide missing a key defender in Murray. Caminiti, Sharman, Membrey, Owens, Phillipou, Higgins, Butler is an absolute handful on paper.

Also been holding off on Phillipou predictions cause he’s a kid, but… coming of rising star nom, playing in Adelaide, has more backup in the forward line, the stars could align …

Last edited:
Not a game that we need to win, but one that may be very important in the scheme of things if we do.

Think it’s a 50/50 game, akin to Carlton a few weeks back. Though Adelaide in Adelaide has proven a tougher foe for top end teams thus far, or at least that’s the perception.

I’m expecting a win, because that is what we are capable of, and we are fielding a decent side. Won’t be surprised or disparaged by a close loss though, as long as it’s competitive.

Importantly, I think our forward line comes to play for the first time this year, especially with Adelaide missing a key defender in Murray. Caminiti, Sharman, Membrey, Owens, Phillipou, Higgins, Butler is an absolute handful on paper.

Also been holding off on Phillipou predictions cause he’s a kid, but… coming of rising star nom, playing in Adelaide, has more backup in the forward line, the stars could align …

Caminiti back too will help, Owens and Phillipou seemed to play better with him in the side, they were like a pack of wild dogs that fed of each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back