Preview Round 9, 2023: Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Sunday 14th May, 1:10PM AEST *SINCLAIR 150TH*

Who Wins?

• Crows

Votes: 36 47.4%
  • Saints

Votes: 40 52.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good opportunity to Mase to go back to playing pretty much exclusively on the wing, after we’ve had him stationed forward as a marking target a bit in the last 2-3 weeks. A role he’s nowhere near as good at.

This will in-turn allow Hill to play forward more again, to help replace Gresh.

And with Hammer, Skunk and Coops there, hopefully we can begin to unleash Mowens in the midfield.

We have included a KPF, replacing a small forward.
They have included a small back, replacing a KPD.
I guess they figure Butts to Caminiti and Doedee can take Membrey..
Hopefully Owens, and even the Pou, Sharman and Wood can all stretch them in the air in our Forward 50

They do have Michilanney, Doedee & Hinge who are all 190cms, but I would back our blokes Membrey, Owens, Sharman, Phillipou & Woods who slides forward to get on top at some stage. They will most likely try Milera on Hill but I think Hill will run the legs off him. Then if Butler & Higgins can make the most of their chances we will be in it up to our necks.

The key to winning this game like it is with most interstate games is to start well and get goals on the board early to shut the home crowd up.

Caminiti will help with that as like Owens he doesn't get the yips in front of goal like most of our other forwards, they just bang the goals through.

Yeah. We would never do that. Never ever ever

View attachment 1685786 View attachment 1685788

They were the bad old days when we used to sack coaches at the drop of a hat, thankfully those days are gone.

According to Stan the St Kilda board wanted to sack him in 1997 but then when we made a GF they held off but sacked him in 98 after losing a final.

We didn't play a final again until 2004 with Grant Thomas after the disastrous coaching stints of Tim Watson and Malcolm Blight who took us backwards.

They were the bad old days when we used to sack coaches at the drop of a hat, thankfully those days are gone.

According to Stan the St Kilda board wanted to sack him in 1997 but then when we made a GF they held off but sacked him in 98 after losing a final.

We didn't play a final again until 2004 with Grant Thomas after the disastrous coaching stints of Tim Watson and Malcolm Blight who took us backwards.
Thanks for explaining my post to me.

Glad those bad old days are long over, and we haven't sacked a secure contracted coach for checks notes, 7 months

Thanks for explaining my post to me.

Glad those bad old days are long over, and we haven't sacked a secure contracted coach for checks notes, 7 months

Well unlike Stan Alves we didn't sack Ratten after he took us to a GF and to finals the next year and replaced him with an untried coach like Tim Watson.

We sacked a coach that had failed to make finals in his last two years and replaced him with a proven coach that has taken us to a GF and to finals.

We have gone from sacking a good coach for a worse coach to sacking a bad coach for a better coach so we've made some improvements since then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WTF is a thread wax? Not sure I even want to know
Grasshopper,
The answer lies in the lyrics of the Spice Girls song: “2 become 1”

Candlelight and soul forever
A dream of you and me together
Say you believe it, say you believe it
Free your mind of doubt and danger
Be for real, don't be a stranger
We can achieve it, we can achieve it
Come a little bit closer baby
Get it on, get it on
'Cause tonight is the night when two become one
I need some love like I've never needed love before (wanna make love to ya', baby)
I had a little love, now I'm back for more (wanna make love to ya', baby)
Set your spirit free
It's the only way to be
Silly games that you were playing
Empty words we both were saying
Let's work it out boy, let's work it out boy
Any deal that we endeavor
Boys and girls feel good together
Take it or leave it, take it or leave it
Are you as good as I remember, baby?
Get it on, get it on
I need some love like I've never needed love before (wanna make love to ya', baby)
Set your spirit free
It's the only way to be
Be a little bit wiser baby
Put it on, put it on
Set your spirit free
It's the only way to be
It's the only way to be
It's the only way to be

Retirement time, ( after the threepeat ) i see a succession plan........

Here it is ....
Harvey or Hayes.

Let the debate begin.
If there was a threepeat I wouldn’t care if the boot studder coached us for the next 10 years.

Crows form not looking so flash now. Lost to an injury-stricken Geelong (albeit in Geelong) by 4 goals, last week, who tonight lost to an injury-stricken Richmond by 4 goals. The Cats are incredibly beatable rn, with up to 9 best 22 missing.

Adelaides big weapon is their forward line, but it hasn’t been firing of late. Rachele and Thilthorp 1 goal between them in the last 4 weeks, and D-Fog has been hobbling around and hasn’t kicked a sausage for 3 weeks.

They’re also rocking a short backline, while we have 5 guys around 190cm or above who are genuine marking threats.

If we really bring it they’ll have to step it up quite a bit on their most recent form to beat us, IMO.
I hope you’re right. But not a game I see us winning. Both teams haven’t been at their best for the past few weeks. I reckon we’ve been off since around the Carlton game. Even know we won, it wasn’t overly convincing. Adelaide on their home deck in a must win game look the goods IMO.

WTF is a thread wax? Not sure I even want to know
SGzIrdg.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back