Autopsy Round 9, 2024 : Hawks slap the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Credit to Impey for having another quality game. He's back to his best pre-injury form.

Also, despite that shocking miss Ginnivan had a good game, he was still our 5th highest possession getter for the day. He is working hard up the ground and still having an impact even if he's not kicking multiple goals a game.

Last edited:
Credit to Impey for having another quality game. He's back to his best pre-injury form.

Also, despite that shocking miss Ginnivan was still our 5th highest possession getter for the day. He is working hard up the ground and still having an impact even if he's not kicking multiple goals a game.
Our forward line and backline are doing remarkably well for the gaps we have from injury. If only our midfield could manage to have everyone consistently better, we tend to have one fire on all cylinders and the others fall off a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our forward line and backline are doing remarkably well for the gaps we have from injury. If only our midfield could manage to have everyone consistently better, we tend to have one fire on all cylinders and the others fall off a bit.
I thought our forwards over complicated some of our forward 50 work. Sometimes being selfish is in the best interest of the team as we can be exposed on turn over if we a trying to create something that’s not on.

I thought our forwards over complicated some of our forward 50 work. Sometimes being selfish is in the best interest of the team as we can be exposed on turn over if we a trying to create something that’s not on.
I agree I'd like us to be more selfish but I understand why they're trying to play in a way that will be better when we're at full strength.

Easier to be selfish after you've learnt to be selfless than vice versa.

Last edited:
Brownlow Smokey get on him .
No chance. Brownlow always goes to a mid-fielder or forward. Defenders need a lot more love for the work they do. Meek has gone to next level this year, Reeves has to do the same (which he has been doing until he go his hand injury).

Undefeated….in May.
Considering cancelling my September holidays

Gutsy win, wa gain the young guys stood up, as did our senior players.
Similar to last week, we allowed the other side to stay in it by not finishing when we needed too (that’s you Ginni). But work rate got us across the line. We simply outworked them

No chance. Brownlow always goes to a mid-fielder or forward. Defenders need a lot more love for the work they do. Meek has gone to next level this year, Reeves has to do the same (which he has been doing until he go his hand injury).
Len Thompson , Gary Dempsey , Graham Teasdale , Barry Round , Graham Moss , Scott Wynd , Peter Moore would all beg to differ, but yeah tongue in cheek comment, love the way he’s going about it though seems like a genuine guy too hope he continues to improve.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back