Preview Round 9, 2024: Hawthorn v St.Kilda - UTAS Stadium, Launceston - Saturday 11th May, 1.45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can they drop Pou now? After all this? They carried him through all of last season on a promise. And a third of this season. I can’t see how they can change course mid stream. They’ve known for ages he gets his dozen touches and that’s what he does. How can that all of a sudden not be enough?
At some point though he has to start earning selection via his onfield work.
Everyone should.
Dermie reckons no one who has played for the hawks didn’t earn his spot. I think that’s a load of s**t, they’ve had plenty of passengers but it’s not a bad premise.

Hey guys, apologies for the intrusion.

Just wanted to ask if you think Windhager will be available this week? And will he tag someone like Newcombe?

Also just to clear things up, Sicily is likely to be available with Breust back also.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Just wanted to ask if you think Windhager will be available this week?

Also just to clear things up, Sicily is likely to be available with Breust back also.

Thanks!
Unless you know something I don't, he will definitely be picked.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just asking, do you think he’ll tag someone as he did with Newcombe previously?
It's a possibility but has been let off the leash a bit more this year to win his own ball and been doing pretty well.

Steele did a role in LDU last week at stoppages

It's a possibility but has been let off the leash a bit more this year to win his own ball and been doing pretty well.

Steele did a role in LDU last week at stoppages

Appreciate it, thought he did a good job last time he did, and Newcombe copped a tag from Macrae against the Dogs.

Just wanted to ask if you think Windhager will be available this week? And will he tag someone like Newcombe?

Thanks!
One for you pal - will Sicily play up forward ?

Your not Robinson Crusoe there stfan.

It's still burnt very deeply into my memory.......what a horror stretch that was.

:) :) :)

And then you still can't call yourself a true sainter if you didn't stay until the bitter end and bonus points if it was a thrashing at a ground like Princess Park in August and its freezing cold and pouring rain where Carlton or Hawthorn were sharpening their teeth for finals...that's real supporter right there. None of this dry stuff under the roof with a light N music show between goals....pffft!

Damn it the club should strike a special members medallion for us war veterans and provide us with social welfare to ease the burden we carry.

And the kids have a hide to come on here and tell me to take it easy on Max King so we don't hurt feelings....pass me a marshmallow

I wonder if RTB will be true to his word and rest Marshall at any time. Campbell has played against Meek at VFL level and generally matches up reasonably well against him.

Campbell had played really well at VFL the last couple of weeks, so if he was ever going to get a game this week against Meek is his best matchup IMO.

And then you still can't call yourself a true sainter if you didn't stay until the bitter end and bonus points if it was a thrashing at a ground like Princess Park in August and its freezing cold and pouring rain where Carlton or Hawthorn were sharpening their teeth for finals...that's real supporter right there. None of this dry stuff under the roof with a light N music show between goals....pffft!

Damn it the club should strike a special members medallion for us war veterans and provide us with social welfare to ease the burden we carry.

And the kids have a hide to come on here and tell me to take it easy on Max King so we don't hurt feelings....pass me a marshmallow
I think the club should strike a special medal for those of us who have bought sim sims from the van behind the animal enclosure at Moorabbin on a dull grey Sat afternoon in late ‘70s early ‘80s Moorabbin, after Richmond have kicked seven goals straight (in the first quarter)

Should be special war ribbons for trips to Victoria Park where St Kilda kick three - for the whole game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i couldn't see Saints in this, ?

st-kilda.jpg

Former first-round pick Lance Collard kicked three goals for Sandringham after being included in the 26-man squad against North Melbourne. Liam Henrycould also be available for the first time since straining his hamstring against Collingwood in round two. Zak Jones was strong at VFL level again to keep himself in contention, while Paddy Dow got through another full game and Arie Schoenmaker remains in the hunt for a debut after collecting 27 touches at Trevor Barker Oval. - Josh Gabelich

R8 sub: Ryan Byrnes (replaced Angus Hastie)

I think the club should strike a special medal for those of us who have bought sim sims from the van behind the animal enclosure at Moorabbin on a dull grey Sat afternoon in late ‘70s early ‘80s Moorabbin, after Richmond have kicked seven goals straight (in the first quarter)

Should be special war ribbons for trips to Victoria Park where St Kilda kick three - for the whole game.
They could make t-shirts with ‘I was there when…..’

Absolutely, and we need to petition the club for a war memorial at the DFC so future generations never forget the sacrifice made by those that came before them. It should never be forgot the disco lights the kids enjoy at Docklands between goals were only possible as a result of our extreme sacrifice.

i couldn't see Saints in this, ?

Former first-round pick Lance Collard kicked three goals for Sandringham after being included in the 26-man squad against North Melbourne. Liam Henry could also be available for the first time since straining his hamstring against Collingwood in round two. Zak Jones was strong at VFL level again to keep himself in contention, while Paddy Dowgot through another full game and Arie Schoenmaker remains in the hunt for a debut after collecting 27 touches at Trevor Barker Oval. - Josh Gabelich

st-kilda.jpg

Former first-round pick Lance Collard kicked three goals for Sandringham after being included in the 26-man squad against North Melbourne. Liam Henrycould also be available for the first time since straining his hamstring against Collingwood in round two. Zak Jones was strong at VFL level again to keep himself in contention, while Paddy Dow got through another full game and Arie Schoenmaker remains in the hunt for a debut after collecting 27 touches at Trevor Barker Oval. - Josh Gabelich

I got Sandra’d!

Absolutely, and we need to petition the club for a war memorial at the DFC so future generations never forget the sacrifice made by those that came before them. It should never be forgot the disco lights the kids enjoy at Docklands between goals were only possible as a result of our extreme sacrifice.
Back when you could pick up cans the entire last quarter then sell them (with a bit of sand) to the recycling out the front. That was often the logout of the game! 🍻

Kids be too posh to do that these days… 🥂

Back when you could pick up cans the entire last quarter then sell them (with a bit of sand) to the recycling out the front. That was often the logout of the game! 🍻

Kids be too posh to do that these days… 🥂
Remember out the back of the goals at the South Road end where the toilers were, knee high in cans, mud N gravel, possibly urine filled puddles, it was like a scene out of SlumDog Millionaire with kids fighting N scrapping for cans, we probably tussled for the same cans.

It was a sad day when the tinnies were replaced with aluminium though, at least with the tinnies you could use to stand on to see the game, aluminium cans not so much.

Made me laugh, I remember the sand trick too.

I wonder if RTB will be true to his word and rest Marshall at any time. Campbell has played against Meek at VFL level and generally matches up reasonably well against him.

Campbell had played really well at VFL the last couple of weeks, so if he was ever going to get a game this week against Meek is his best matchup IMO.

If Campbell ever plays then we aren't serious about the result, harsh but reality.

Remember out the back of the goals at the South Road end where the toilers were, knee high in cans, mud N gravel, possibly urine filled puddles, it was like a scene out of SlumDog Millionaire with kids fighting N scrapping for cans, we probably tussled for the same cans.

It was a sad day when the tinnies were replaced with aluminium though, at least with the tinnies you could use to stand on to see the game, aluminium cans not so much.

Made me laugh, I remember the sand trick too.
Not to mention that toilet block at the South Road end in the Members Stand forward pocket - on a warm day,
just walking past it was bad enough but actually needing to go in there for a slash was an eye watering experience of the senses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back