Preview Round 9, 2024: Hawthorn v St.Kilda - UTAS Stadium, Launceston - Saturday 11th May, 1.45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we don't win by 50+ then it'd be a disappointing result. Hawks will be playing a 2nd gamer teenager Dear and veteran Jack Gunston as their talls with Sam Frost and potentially a debutant in Ethan Phillips as their keys.

They shouldn't score more than 50 points and King, Membrey, Hayes need to combine for 10+ goals
wait for Phillips to be bset on, gringo would lose his mind hahahaha

notes from training

Predicted 22
Wilkie Howard Webster
NAS battle stocker
Wood Steele hill
Henry Owens Wilson
Membrey king Hayes
Ro Windy Sincs

Inter
Hastie Ross Byrnes Hugo Sub (Pou/Pato)

really unsure on the last two spots.

It’s funny when you go to training and what you can see. Watching windy Owens and Pou all be the last ones on the track is a great sign. Windy and Pou in particular doesn’t surprise me due to the bball backround. Constantly needing to workout alone. Ooh was practising his marking and kicking right to the end.

Windy kicking and Owens goal kicking.

As I said above Sincs left the track early not sure why. He did have a chat to David Mission and one of the physios so hopefully nothing in it.

Clark and Keeler looked fine and assume they both play vfl this weekend.

Don’t think Dow is ready yet.

Don’t think it’s the week for either Lance or Arie.

Team is starting to look more settled.

Also lovely vibe at raining with a lot of partners kids and mums down for Mother’s Day.

Edit _ didn’t see bonnet training assume he’s in the 22

Last edited:
notes from training

Predicted 22
Wilkie Howard Webster
NAS battle stocker
Wood Steele hill
Henry Owens Wilson
Membrey king Hayes
Ro Windy Sincs

Inter

It’s funny when you go to training and what you can see. Watching windy Owens and Pou all be the last ones on the track is a great sign. Windy and Pou in particular doesn’t surprise me due to the bball backround. Constantly needing to workout alone. Ooh was practising his marking and kicking right to the end.

As I said above Sincs left the track early not sure why. He did have a chat to David Mission and one of the physios so hopefully nothing in it.

Also lovely vibe at raining with a lot of partners kids and mums down for Mother’s Day.
thanks for the update Ads734 ...looks Bonner is back to vfl?

notes from training

Predicted 22
Wilkie Howard Webster
NAS battle stocker
Wood Steele hill
Henry Owens Wilson
Membrey king Hayes
Ro Windy Sincs

Inter

A couple of ad ons fwiw:

Owens working hard with I think David Wheadon on his goal kicking - he was being videoed on Wheadons phone - tbh the longer it went the more inconsistent he got. The time to be working on this was pre season not now - but better late than never.

Pou is a beautiful kick - but all a bit academic till he starts getting it more

Collard very skilled by foot

Hill really brings a lot of positivity to the group - always smiling & seems to enjoy training.

Stocker missed a switch kick into the corridor to a free man and RTB let him know about it. RTB seemed a bit more vocal though I haven’t been to training for about 6 weeks.

I think the club should strike a special medal for those of us who have bought sim sims from the van behind the animal enclosure at Moorabbin on a dull grey Sat afternoon in late ‘70s early ‘80s Moorabbin, after Richmond have kicked seven goals straight (in the first quarter)

Should be special war ribbons for trips to Victoria Park where St Kilda kick three - for the whole game.

Medals should also be struck for anyone who ordered (& survived) a cup of tea at the food stand under the Moorabbin grandstand circa 1990.

Poor buggers didn’t realise that the water in the urn was also keeping the hot dogs warm.

#p#pinktea
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May have said this already. (Did); but Ben’s arms look way stronger. Looks like Max hasn’t had a whole summer of weights and conditioning like his brother.

Watching Max preseason & he looked like he’d put on significant size through his upper body.

Its not strength thats his issue. It was getting sucked in by an inferior player to a push & shove.

The blatant push in the back that he was pinged with was a perfect example. He could have & should have jumped on Corr’s head…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Henry in is massive. The team is starting to look a lot more balanced. It will be very interesting to see who gets dropped this week, but you can guarantee it will be a stronger side than last weekend and players like Wood and Jimmy will be better for their run.

Let's hope this is the start of a good run of form and continuity for us.
If it's not Bonner getting dropped they've got rocks in their heads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But what role is Pou actually playing?

As a marking target his team mates will look for King, Hayes, Membrey or Owens first.

In my opinion our forward line is out of balance and carrying an out of form Owens and Pou only makes that instance worse.

He is not a pressure forward, and lack of pressure in our forward half is why our opponents rebound with ease. Garcia knows how to tackle and is a lot quicker than Pou.

Pou is actually playing a role that is not needed, and this is actually harmful to our chances of winning.

I would much rather swap Henry in for Pou. Our 22 would be a lot more balanced.

If Collard comes in, it would for Garcia. But pressure wise Garcia is better. It would be interesting to see Collard though.

Hopefully Hastie stays in. Keeping Pou in at present to me just makes no sense at all.
The Pou is a tough one, as he has no real position at present. Give him a run in the midfield in the two's, see how he goes. If he dominates, that will only aide his confidence.

notes from training

Predicted 22
Wilkie Howard Webster
NAS battle stocker
Wood Steele hill
Henry Owens Wilson
Membrey king Hayes
Ro Windy Sincs

Inter

Edit _ didn’t see bonnet training assume he’s in the 22
Any truth to this tweet?

The Bonner hate is a bit weird, when apart from Battle & Wilkie, the backline have all had shakey moments with their kicking.
Bonner's primary role is to distribute. All the others are way better defensively and play a more defensive role. If a distributor can't kick, whats the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back