Preview Round 9, 2024: Hawthorn v St.Kilda - UTAS Stadium, Launceston - Saturday 11th May, 1.45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see Paton in, still think we’re going to need him for the next few years because Webster isn’t exactly young. No doubt he’s in as insurance in case Bruest is giving Jimmy another bath. Stocker has been ok and while I can live with him in the backline I’ll spew up if I see him in the midfield. Just don’t see the upside, I’d rather see NWM in there.

One word of advice, maybe try and avoid the 3 on 1 corridor kicks that constantly end up in goals going the other way.

Happy with this team! In hindsight I'm glad they've backed Hastie in for another run in the starting 22. Clearly bringing in extra help down back is part of the plan to free up Bonner and Stocker, now let's see what they've got. Think Collard will get his chance sooner rather than later, but glad the status quo is getting a full shot at it. Byrnes and Pou deservedly out of the team. With Clarke Dow Collard and others knocking on the door for a spot, pressure is on to perform!

Saints by 5 goals 4 points.

from the 4 gares reports, looks like they are trying to also develop into midfield maybe? halfback and midfield?

He seems more like a distributing back. He's more Daniel Rich where you can bypass the midfield because he can kick over it. Bonner or Nas probably closest in the Saints senior side.

Cool. I have only seen one game where the coach said they were working through him due to his weapon of a boot.

Good to hear it’s not all through that 👍🏼

They definitely work through him but more look to get the ball in his hands than get him on kick ins. He was getting much higher up the field last match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back