Autopsy Round 9, 2024: Hawthorn v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Credit to Marshall on the contested possessions by grabbing out of the ruck , 28 disposals, 24 were kicks but it was all at 50% efficiency.

I'm assuming this is born from necessity due to a midfield that can't win on its own merit.

Everything moving the ball forward needs to be reworked
Nash and Newcombe bullied our mids at times meanwhile one of our best contested players in Chito sits deep forward most the game, kills me

Season done from here.
Get dow and ari in to see what they can do.
Honestly may as well tank hard from here and try to get a pick in the top 3
Trade out some of our over rated players and see if we can get some elite talent in.
Our midfield just gets slaughtered every week. We are so so desperate for some decent midfielders.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like we have the most stupid team in the league. The game plan is obviously to handball and move the ball on quick, but they're too idiotic to know when to handball and when not. So many times we had players running forward and all they are thinking about is who to handball is to next. Go from an attacking position to putting themselves under pressure for no reason at all. Case and point was Webster at the end completely telegraphing the fact he was going to handball it back to whoever it was on the outside, he never looked up once. He could of had 10 men standing alone and he wouldn't have seen them. Absolutely braindead.

I feel like we have the most stupid team in the league. The game plan is obviously to handball and move the ball on quick, but they're too idiotic to know when to handball and when not. So many times we had players running forward and all they are thinking about is who to handball is to next. Go from an attacking position to putting themselves under pressure for no reason at all. Case and point was Webster at the end completely telegraphing the fact he was going to handball it back to whoever it was on the outside, he never looked up once. He could of had 10 men standing alone and he wouldn't have seen them. Absolutely braindead.

Don’t forget the handballs to stationary teammates that just invites more pressure

What a bunch of spineless insipid individuals.

Pres, coaching group and players can all **** off.

We went into a game where they didn't have a forward line and were missing vital parts to their backline and we still couldnt win. On average we were older and more experienced on the park.

The we are playing kids line or have injuries doesn't ****ing fly.

Think it will be impossible for us to finish higher than 14th now, so top 5 pick guaranteed. That is the positive.

I won't be attending any more games this year. Will watch on T.V. provided I have nothing else done.

Hopefully we get a good young kid. All I want from the rest of the season is improvement from Pou, Owens, NAS, Windy and Wilson.

Lyons game plan will never hold up long term, more concerned he doesn't kill the career of our young kids, because let's face it, who would get excited to play this style of footy?

Could be a exodus of the little talent that we have, if we are not careful.

I want my money back. This is pathetic. Inexcusable. Inept. Every single player and coach should hang their head. This was winnable even to the last minute, and they just didn't make the effort. I thought effort was a prerequisite but you can't tell me there was any genuine desire to win the game from anyone from our club.

Shocking way to represent a club, and whenever the club wonders why their membership and attendance are so low they should be forced to watch this replay.
I think fans need to boycott.

Fans need to send a message to the club we are fed up with being shit.

If they don't want to show up. We won't.

Same old s**t St kilda.

Time for the board to be sacked.

RTB isn't working. Own the stuff up and and resign
The thing is that it's working on the defensive side of the ball, but whenever we have the ball in our hands we are absolutely dismal. And instead of hiring some offensive gurus they just hire the old boys like Harvs and Lenny for a feel good story.

Credit to Marshall on the contested possessions by grabbing out of the ruck , 28 disposals, 24 were kicks but it was all at 50% efficiency.

I'm assuming this is born from necessity due to a midfield that can't win on its own merit.

Everything moving the ball forward needs to be reworked
No - its born of Marshalls inability to think past -

1 - move the ruck out of position

2 - grab the ball

3 - hack kick it forward without looking.

He has NEVER done 1, 2 then handballed to the advantage of a team mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back