Autopsy Round 9, 2024: Hawthorn v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone blaming King has rocks in their head. Yes he has things he can improve on but between our skill level, decision making and overall forward set up, we make it so difficult for him anytime we go inside 50.

Zero tackles

Lazy and sits behind packs and refuses to use that supposed athleticism he seemingly possess to continually be on the hunt for a lead and/or disrupt his defenders.

Still plays like a junior and refuses to do the work without ball in hand.

There is some vision of him letting his player rum off him...just stopped chasing. Ross should show it to him and explain to him its why he'll be playing at Sandy.

Zero Tackles.

It’s taken me 62 years but I’m taking pre season chatter with a huge grain of salt next year.
When you hear "elite training standards" and "systems", and Ross improves players and training is clearly way more organised and professional than when Ratts was coach, ask yourself, how is that measured?

Zero tackles

Lazy and sits behind packs and refuses to use that supposed athleticism he seemingly possess to continually be on the hunt for a lead and/or disrupt his defenders.

There is some vision of him letting his player rum off him...just stopped chasing. Ross should show it to him and explain to him its why he'll be playing at Sandy.

Zero Tackles.
Would be great if he got a tackle or two but is that actually his job?

Just watching the Essendon Giants clash... It's like a different game. The skill levels are way beyond what was on show from the Hawks & Saints.

We sometimes completely dominate our opposition on the field but lose ground on the scoreboard. The 3rd quarter was like that today. Our forward line is been awful for years, certainly long enough to identify the problems & fix them... but we are going backwards.

We have a handful of players that wouldn't get a run in any other team but apparently we don't have the talent to replace them...

It’s taken me 62 years but I’m taking pre season chatter with a huge grain of salt next year.

The other thing that is wearing thin is Ross Lyons generic garbage he sprukes in his pressers. If thats the stuff he is saying to the players is it any wonder they are glassy eyed for 90% of games. Im beginning to believe he tries to be too smart tactically and has forgotten about the basics of the game. You dont have to be a super coach to get your players to put their head over the ball or physically commit to a tackle, but it seems Lyon and his assistants cant coach the basics.

Last edited:
Not angry, in fact i feel perfectly fine.

The result and the way we lost was very St Kilda.

It happens so often, our supporters shouldn't be surprised or upset. It's a broken record playing in a Steven King horror movie that is St Kilda.

Drop King and Membrey. The forwards were inept and it starts with these two. Harvey can beat it too.

Anyone bagging the coach’s have rocks in their head, we rebuilding that’s why Ross was brought in, that review we done 2 years ago it was said we don’t have the players or the footy department. Now the department has had a full turn over now it’s the players turn. Buckle up lads

Well that’s season over. Any thoughts of finals can be parked on the shelf. Some might argue mathematically but we are way off. Game plan is reckless, skills are sub standard.

Play youth and get a good fist of draft picks at the end of the year.

Josh Smillie looking likely in our range now. I reckon we win 1 to 3 more games for the year from here. Should see us finish bottom 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not angry, in fact i feel perfectly fine.

The result and the way we lost was very St Kilda.

It happens so often, our supporters shouldn't be surprised or upset. It's a broken record playing in a Steven King horror movie that is St Kilda.

Drop King and Membrey. The forwards were inept and it starts with these two. Harvey can beat it too.

King will get 3 weeks for a high bump. I for the act 2 weeks as a deterrent to others just because.

Zero tackles

Zero Tackles.
It's actually hilarious that you think our best forward target will be sent to Sandy.

Would be great if he got a tackle or two but is that actually his job?
No, it's not his role and using that as the first piece of data to criticise his game shows how desperate some are.

There are things he could improve in, no doubt. But seriously, which tall forward are we playing who is performing better week in, week out? Thats right, none. They are all struggling at the moment. Probably speaks to a larger team wide system issue, skill issue and structural issues than it does to one individual player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back