Autopsy Round 9, 2024: Hawthorn v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross has been hopeless and it must be remembered Dow is a outside mid and if we are not dishing the ball to him at Sandringham that's the problem , plus at least we are attempting something.

There is something wrong , the players look spent even Steele looks far from his All Australian years , Windhager is showing something but Ross just is not upto the standard now and why don't they give Owens a crack shows the coaching is not up to standard as well.

Injuries are not a excuse now and losing to the Hawks who are average at best should really prove to Basset has totally f/k up everything - bring in Lyon and his mates has cooked the players - Kings gone backwards , Owens playing out of position , Membery cooked , Seb Ross is just not up to standard as a core midfielder anymore.
It's bloody disappointing , we have a good core of players but they have no system and are playing players who I would not have in the team.
PLaying Sinclair in the middle is well and good but his best football is at halfback and why his good there is because he is accountable and his player doesn't usually cut us to pieces.
Having Bonner is good but he should only be played if Sinclair or Nas are not playing - Bonner gets the ball but his opponent kills us.

They way we are going the coaching is killing any belief the team had and sending us backwards.

Dow is an inside mid. He's just very rusty and potentially not very good.

"Just fold us and put us 50-58 year olds out of our misery. We’re a rabble"

Put it this way: You don't speak for me.

I do not need to be put out of my misery.

This hits me harder than most of the supporters in this age group. Because most of them will have hope that things will pick up in the next 5, 10 or even twenty years. On the other hand, I am on borrowed time. I know that I will be lucky if I make it though to the finals next year. I just want and need to enjoy my footy today.

So I do what I need to do to pick myself up and get ready to go again. I have still have people who rely on me rely on me and bills to pay. Life is not a box of chocolates with the treatments and side-effects. I just want to enjoy my team playing well on the weekends for as long as I can make that last. Pi$$weak dummy spits are a luxury I refuse to indulge in. I thought GenX were made from tougher stuff.
Keep your chin up. I envy your attitude and spirit. I’ve personally had enough.

Will keep watching and financially supporting, but the 100% total investment for me needs to stop. It’s not healthy. I’ve become a bitter person. I blame St Kilda.

I wish you well with your battle.

Keep your chin up. I envy your attitude and spirit. I’ve personally had enough.

Will keep watching and financially supporting, but the 100% total investment for me needs to stop. It’s not healthy. I’ve become a bitter person. I blame St Kilda.

I wish you well with your battle.
I can't believe how the coaching dream team has sent a young list backwards and have cooked all of the players.
Basset should have another internal revue - and send a apology to Ratten.

I think the problem is all our mids are to sh*t to get open at stoppage. How often do you see any of our mids looking dangerous around a stoppage? Even if he does hand it off or tap it to advantage, Steele, Windhager, Ross etc are just going to throw it on the boot for the exact same result anyway. No class

Once Billings transitions into a midfielder we'll be right.

Due to his speed and ball carry they were saying he is mainly outside , may of read it wrong.

He's fast but he's definitely an inside clearance mid.

AFL 1
StK 0

Higgins’s suspension cost us the game

Oh and third quarter-
20 mins in
16 F50 entries
1 goal 5 behinds

s**t umpiring, poor form, 20 years of poor drafting, poor team selection, poor list management etc. There was more than a Snag size hole yesterday. We are a bottom 4 side.

We can drop a mark, and let go of a tackle better than any other side.

Actually have had a bit of hope since the boss and his merry men all arrived back. The truth is we’re in no man’s land and pretty much rooted.

Just fold us and put us 50-58 year olds out of our misery. We’re a rabble.

I'm giving us next year and then I'm out. heck them all. I'd ban anyone who's ever followed St Kilda, likes St Kilda or even has associated with St Kilda players from coaching, playing or administrative positions. We have a cultural stain that won't be removed until we remove people with loser attitudes from the club.

This club breaks people psychologically, only people from premiership systems and big club experience. Find someone from Geelong and Sydney and find out what needs to be done to create what ever they do stay competitive.

We should be first to react to these situations, but our forwards are shocking at reading the play and are nearly always second to the fall of the ball. They give away the front position way too easily and when they get there first they dont mark the ball. Oppositions know that our blokes are susceptible to being pushed under the ball and they get away with it constantly.

Truth be told I thought King should have been the player subbed out of the game. He kicked two goals but he offers nothing else when it comes to forward pressure, he looks like bambi chasing a cheetah its embarrassing. We continually kick to him when the opposition are set up around him, thats not his fault but when he is not there we start looking for leads.

I hope they give King a few weeks off for his high bump. I hate watching him play. They should make an example of him.

s**t umpiring, poor form, 20 years of poor drafting, poor team selection, poor list management etc. There was more than a Snag size hole yesterday. We are a bottom 4 side.

I'm giving us next year and then I'm out. heck them all. I'd ban anyone who's ever followed St Kilda, likes St Kilda or even has associated with St Kilda players from coaching, playing or administrative positions. We have a cultural stain that won't be removed until we remove people with loser attitudes from the club.

This club breaks people psychologically, only people from premiership systems and big club experience. Find someone from Geelong and Sydney and find out what needs to be done to create what ever they do stay competitive.

I hope they give King a few weeks off for his high bump. I hate watching him play. They should make an example of him.
uFx2BV7.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course not I've watched St Kilda and Sandringham play. I'm running a series of paper cuts across my testicles and rubbing salt and lemon juice on them so that I can keep the same feeling going into next week.

Of course not I've watched St Kilda and Sandringham play. I'm running a series of paper cuts across my testicles and rubbing salt and lemon juice on them so that I can keep the same feeling going into next week.
E5521164-2015-4F2F-947B-6FE9BCB83B60.gif

I think the problem is all our mids are to sh*t to get open at stoppage. How often do you see any of our mids looking dangerous around a stoppage? Even if he does hand it off or tap it to advantage, Steele, Windhager, Ross etc are just going to throw it on the boot for the exact same result anyway. No class
Spot on, it was the same thing at Sandy today for most the game. Our entire mindset as a team is just defensive and terrified to make a mistake, which is ironic because that leads to second guessing which leads to making mistakes anyway.

When we fall behind we finally start playing aggressive footy with one thing in mind, to actually kick goals, and look 10x better. It's all mental, this star-studded coaching staff needs to lift imo.

Spot on, it was the same thing at Sandy today for most the game. Our entire mindset as a team is just defensive and terrified to make a mistake, which is ironic because that leads to second guessing which leads to making mistakes anyway.

When we fall behind we finally start playing aggressive footy with one thing in mind, to actually kick goals, and look 10x better. It's all mental, this star-studded coaching staff needs to lift imo.

I don't not agree but if we're going to take risks with the ball we need to also bring pressure which we've been patchy at doing.

Can't go trying to bite off tough kicks etc.. with no defensive pressure or numbers around the ball to support any errors.

I don't not agree but if we're going to take risks with the ball we need to also bring pressure which we've been patchy at doing.

Can't go trying to bite off tough kicks etc.. with no defensive pressure or numbers around the ball to support any errors.

We don't seem to be a great pressure side consistently considering that we don't have the most high end list. Hastie and Garcia are putting a lot of them to shame.

We don't seem to be a great pressure side consistently considering that we don't have the most high end list. Hastie and Garcia are putting a lot of them to shame.

Agreed.

Puts us in a pretty bad place considering we don't have the skills to play a low pressure brand.

We seem alright coming off half back from a turn over situation but from stoppages and forward of centre we're trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back