Autopsy Round 9, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

The playing of sheed riles me so badly.

His selection, it's an insult to his team mates, that try and then you've got this guy weak as piss in endeavour.

Standards.
Not only that abusing the umpire when he was clearly holding his opponent in the stoppage . A fist full of jumper and the other arm around !

Giving away that 50 got them going on that 2nd quarter run .

Sit him in the wafl and hope he asks for a trade at seasons end

A mother's day spanking by the premiers, too fast, too clean, too much pressure.
Our key outs were telling, but we battled it out till the end.
Some improvement with Ryan gaining confidence and some young ones standing up.
Dewar looks good.
Clearly it was a tough gig and got worse with Petch and Gov out.
Sheed is a deadset liability, his score was minus 2 goals!
Another tough post game interview for the coach - looking for positives in a wasteland.

Things could get worse before they get better.
Face Melbourne next week, presumably no Gov, Yeo?
Then we have a run of 3 teams around us in the bottom ten.
Conservatively we might win one or two, depending on injuries.
Then the bye (finally) and Essendon again, away game.

We should be in a better place by then with returning key players.
But the fixture doesn't seem to do us any favours.
Fortunately we're in a rebuild where expectations should be tempered? :rolleyes:

Tom Morris putting Darling in for 3 weeks at the MRO

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I didn’t even see the incident, but I’m not mad about this. Might be the only way we get Darling out of the team for the time being.

Hopefully Waterman is back next week.

Maric JWilliams Dewar
Cripps Waterman Ryan

Culley can come in and play forward/mid and rotate with Reid.

Does anyone have footage of Ginbey going in hard for a ball between two Pies players, picked up the ball and handballed it out. I'd hope in the future we'd see more and more of this type of play as he understands the strength and power he has.

After a poor start to the year Duggan has put in a solid 6 weeks. Has done a lot better with his disposal but can still bite off a bit more than he can chew, but is leading very well as a more experienced player.

As someone who sat through that whole game yesterday at Marvel, i went in with the idea 10 goal loss was to be expected ( gee it sucks having that mentality ), but it is what it is due to past heck ups off the field, we still have a long way to go. I went to the after match function and one of the people who spoke was Tim Gepp, i thought we were getting rid of all those who have been part of the debacle the last few years have been, clearly we ain't, surely he is gone when Nisbett goes at the end of the year.

JD needs the Gaff treatment when Jake is back, he is clearly cooked physically, and that is totally understandable, he has done a lot of crash and bash work in the packs for a long time, and we need to go with the young guys for the future, they won't do any worse than we he has been offering for the last few years.

Ryan was disgusting yesterday, the last quarter counts for naught, when he was a liability for 3 quarters, if we are wanting Sheed out for poor efforts, then Ryan can join him if we want to lift the standards and expectations of the club, and the youngsters coming through will see what is required.

And once again we are back in the cycle of players being injured, and we are saying, we will be good when such and such comes back, it's a never ending story our injury issues.

Their was some joy watching the game, seeing some of the youngsters and what they can offer us in the future, was good to see.

Saw Ginbey at the after match, did not realize how big he was, he is a big unit, yes his disposal was off, but at least he is prepared to crack in, he will get better with that, add Hewitt to him and Reid and we have good bones for the midfield.

Watching Reid with ball, you just know something good is usually going to happen, some of his field kicking was brilliant, he just needs to get AFL fitness, then he will really tear this comp apart.

Our forward line for the future looks bright at the key posi spots, both Jack Williams and Maric will be very good once they get some experience, add Jake and we are good to go.

Jack Williams could be our next version of JK in terms of pack marking, he certainly is showing is he capable of doing it.

Dewar certainly showed he knows where to put himself.

Not all doom and gloom, but we still have a lot of work to do, and at least they keep trying their best, sadly right now their best is not quite up to it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bucks fell off his chair.

Its a chooks raffle, we're all confused.

What else was darling meant to do, he literaly stopped and bytel head butted him.

the only other option is for jack to not protect himself and risk injury to himself.
You just dont understand the physics of the game

Darling clearly had enough time to star jump over Bytel into a cartwheel backflip into a standing corkscrew where he then stares down Bytel in a angry manner. Basically something like this

0ZlfnT.gif

Not only that abusing the umpire when he was clearly holding his opponent in the stoppage . A fist full of jumper and the other arm around !

Giving away that 50 got them going on that 2nd quarter run .

Sit him in the wafl and hope he asks for a trade at seasons end

I am pretty sure the 50m was for Kelly not returning the football.

I am pretty sure the 50m was for Kelly not returning the football.
Nah sheed lipped off immediately at the umpire
Edit: had sheed not got lippy then it probably would have been 50 anyways from TK dropping the ball.

Sat through 4 qtrs at Marvel.

Quick recounts:

1. Most disposals in the backline were sideways chip, sideways chip, dump kick long.
  2. About 6 passages of play I would consider had a reasonable level of "dare", receive ball, take off, move it quickly, they were predominantly in the last 30 mins and it was no surprise players like Ryan came into the game as a result of the movement.
  3. Flat feet everywhere. Most players in tight were not moving with purpose, handballs were being passed around, but players were stationary and easy fodder for pressure/tacklers.
  4. On other hand, Pies movement by hand was sublime, hitting players on the run without a need to break stride, aggressive handballs to the outside, the No 1 area where they killed us. They were away and our blokes were as useful as I was sitting on Level 2.
  5. L Edwards, nothing against him but my lord he must have pics. Turnovers, not being able to kick 35m, horror handballs. WAFL time.
  6. The gulf between Yeo and Sheed is Nullabor size. Both can find it but the difference between composure/space/active kicks versus dump kick city was so stark.
  7. We had zero gameplan from kick-ins. Same kick, same landing zone. We did nothing else all day. Chesser was on the opposite flank 35-40m with a paddock numerous times and he was burnt.
  8. Ryan improved as the day progressed, he needs to play again next week.
  9. The forward line gets a pass from me due to ball movement. It was horrendously slow. John Coleman would have struggled to get a kick.
  10. For a side that had been seeming to be moving forward from the ultra-defensive, ultra-timid, ultra-non-threatening game style of 23, this was a major step back. The lack of dare was embarrassing from so many in the 80-200 game range.

Sat through 4 qtrs at Marvel.

Quick recounts:

1. Most disposals in the backline were sideways chip, sideways chip, dump kick long.
  2. About 6 passages of play I would consider had a reasonable level of "dare", receive ball, take off, move it quickly, they were predominantly in the last 30 mins and it was no surprise players like Ryan came into the game as a result of the movement.
  3. Flat feet everywhere. Most players in tight were not moving with purpose, handballs were being passed around, but players were stationary and easy fodder for pressure/tacklers.
  4. On other hand, Pies movement by hand was sublime, hitting players on the run without a need to break stride, aggressive handballs to the outside, the No 1 area where they killed us. They were away and our blokes were as useful as I was sitting on Level 2.
  5. L Edwards, nothing against him but my lord he must have pics. Turnovers, not being able to kick 35m, horror handballs. WAFL time.
  6. The gulf between Yeo and Sheed is Nullabor size. Both can find it but the difference between composure/space/active kicks versus dump kick city was so stark.
  7. We had zero gameplan from kick-ins. Same kick, same landing zone. We did nothing else all day. Chesser was on the opposite flank 35-40m with a paddock numerous times and he was burnt.
  8. Ryan improved as the day progressed, he needs to play again next week.
  9. The forward line gets a pass from me due to ball movement. It was horrendously slow. John Coleman would have struggled to get a kick.
  10. For a side that had been seeming to be moving forward from the ultra-defensive, ultra-timid, ultra-non-threatening game style of 23, this was a major step back. The lack of dare was embarrassing from so many in the 80-200 game range.
The flat footedness in stoppages is rage inducing. Yeo and Reid had papered over the somewhat just out of sheer solo effort. Yeo’s last month was like peak Nic Nat in terms of single-handedly carrying our stoppage play.

How the coaches can’t see and address this is beyond me. Been a problem for a long time. Flat footed players handballing to flat footed players

The flat footedness in stoppages is rage inducing. Yeo and Reid had papered over the somewhat just out of sheer solo effort. Yeo’s last month was like peak Nic Nat in terms of single-handedly carrying our stoppage play.

How the coaches can’t see and address this is beyond me. Been a problem for a long time. Flat footed players handballing to flat footed players
Will our soft cap extend to issuing each of our players with some arch support innersoles?

Scary how putrid our midfield is without Yeo. Not only can’t use the ball well but he now has lost the ability to accumulate. TK was non existent existent yesterday and too flaky without a Yeo

Scary how putrid our midfield is without Yeo. Not only can’t use the ball well but he now has lost the ability to accumulate. TK was non existent existent yesterday and too flaky without a Yeo

TK is just a different cat. Footy is just his job vs Yeo - all heart on the sleeve.

TK is bloody good at his job which is great but the optics aren't as palatable when we are being flogged.

TK is just a different cat. Footy is just his job vs Yeo - all heart on the sleeve.

TK is bloody good at his job which is great but the optics aren't as palatable when we are being flogged.
I genuinely like TK but actually can’t stand that excuse of footy just being a job. Not what you want with a young core of players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back