Round 9 team

An old bugbear of mine.

The emergencies are Picken, Cross and McMahon.

So if a mid to small size player goes down we are covered. But what if Darcy gets food poisoning or something. We go into the game a big man short - in a team not noted for its talls.

I know Bandy could then ruck but to me it upsets the team balance and would leave us one big man short.

What is the purpose of emergencies then. It seems that we are using them as a reward for performances in the VFL and to let youngsters know they are being noticed, which I think is good. But there is also the emergency aspect - which is probably why they are called emergencies - and we are ignoring that. Hopefully not at our peril, but I think we should be a bit more professional about it.

What do you think?

Werribee are short on big men too.
I suppose putting Bartlett as an Emergency would have been a good option here.
Noticed James in back for Werribee. Skipper on bench with a few to be taken out, Harris in ruck. Not sure if Hahn is back.
Can't remember much else.

Ok just went into the Werribee site, the tiger growl scared the sh*t out of me!

Listed Bulldogs players are

James BP
McMahon W Rusca W
Picken HFF Bartlett CHF Boyd HFF
Bowden FF
Harris R Cross RR

I/C Colbert McGuiness Power

No Skipper but I'm not sure if this is right cos this morning The Age is he was in.

Originally posted by Chops
Ok just went into the Werribee site, the tiger growl scared the sh*t out of me!

Listed Bulldogs players are

James BP
McMahon W Rusca W
Picken HFF Bartlett CHF Boyd HFF
Bowden FF
Harris R Cross RR

I/C Colbert McGuiness Power

No Skipper but I'm not sure if this is right cos this morning The Age is he was in.
Good sign that Mcguiness comes straight back after injury.

Originally posted by dogboy23
Good sign that Mcguiness comes straight back after injury.

He was pretty stiff, without the injury he was only a week or so away from getting a game. Hopfully he can get back to that form straight up.

Back