Round 9 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

With Cogs out and other injuries/omissions I unfortunately need to make a sideways trade.

The plan was to bring in Dunkley this week (even though he is playing the cats).

My current plan is to still do that, only bring him into the mids now and then swing him forward next week and upgrade a Parker/Drew type to a Macrae/Treloar type.

Or should I just go Cogs -> Treloar?

Telly...forwards are terrible this year. Need to get top forwards in before mids.
Yep I'm of this thought also hence why Dunkley is an absolute priority for me this week while he's still cheap as I'm probably going to have to bench someone as the year goes on in that position, so will grab him and forget about forwards for good until my team is largely done

Agent93

Tim Kelly is the obvious answer here, he'll skyrocket in price and has arguably the best role of all forwards, just get him in

Dunkley and Rockliff are in a similar boat to each other, they'll both go nuts if in the guts, but it doesn't happen all the time. Their ceilings warrant being traded in though, particularly Rocky for the next few weeks with Wines out.

IMG_20190517_125719.png

I'd grab Sloane after his bye, surely the tags will come over the next month and he'll be cheapish still then. Hutchings and De Boer are my main worries here, maybe he'll be ok against your Robbo/Berry and Harmes types who have an offensive/accumulative side to their game, but yeah, Hutchings and De Boer will hurt.

This is my midfield pick for under 710k though

IMG_20190517_130544.png

That fixture looks pretty tasty to me after the byes, he doesn't always get tagged too which helps. I'll be seriously considering him after his bye.

With Cogs out and other injuries/omissions I unfortunately need to make a sideways trade.

The plan was to bring in Dunkley this week (even though he is playing the cats).

My current plan is to still do that, only bring him into the mids now and then swing him forward next week and upgrade a Parker/Drew type to a Macrae/Treloar type.

Pretty good plan that

Dunkley will fly up in price this week with a breakeven of 22, so I'd just get him in, even if we cop a 70-80-90 tomorrow, Treloar won't go up as much I'd imagine

a bunch of stuff
Yeah I'm looking at Cogs week off as an opportunity to manouvre out of a tight position, with Hately looking like the only useful downgrade at the moment and having limited cows to kill.

I'm just deciding on whether there's potential for the aforementioned Heeney and Brayshaw to come good this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Treloar is the type that when you dont have him, he annoys the bejesus out of you, but when you do, you wonder why he's not sheepdogging. My theory with Dunkley is he could get away. He's projected to go up 40k this week and by the time next week comes around, other pertinent issues will arise any there's a good chance you won't even be able to consider him. Forwards are also a nightmare. To be honest, I'd be comfortable bringing in a premium forward before premium mid if it meant that my F6 wasn't a rookie this season. SO if it were me, I'd go Dunkley now, even if he is playing the Cats. Disclaimer, I've brought in Dunkley this week as I'm more comfortable with Greene as my F6 than Parker or Dew.

Last edited:
i've just done:

Menegola -> Larkey
Ross -> Beams

would've pounced on Hately, but he didn't make the GWS team
and probably would've got S.Ross if i had the money (Corbett could've made that happen, but i rate Larkey... leading goalkicker in the VFL last year)
Coniglio OUT hurts

Been hearing drew may just be rested. As he's not lining up for the maggies.

Do you still trade or hold?

Nothing really enticing.

It's either rowbum or stocker....

Been hearing drew may just be rested. As he's not lining up for the maggies.

Do you still trade or hold?

Nothing really enticing.

It's either rowbum or stocker....
I haven't had a chance to watch Stocker close enough for me to consider taking him, and Rowbottom didn't excite me. I think I might pass and hope Hately gets a game next week.

I haven't had a chance to watch Stocker close enough for me to consider taking him, and Rowbottom didn't excite me. I think I might pass and hope Hately gets a game next week.

Yeh just going to go with Ross to Merritt and see who pops up next week.

Not sure I can afford rookies to not play weekly or not make much money.

Yeh just going to go with Ross to Merritt and see who pops up next week.

Not sure I can afford rookies to not play weekly or not make much money.
I definitely can't. Not at this stage. Need to be selective of getting the right rookies. I'd be more open on either of those 2 if they had DPP, but they don't. A DPP rookie would be gold at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back