Trades Round 9 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is it about McCreery especially that having him hovering around $200k value on my forward bench for the next few weeks that warrants him a stay of execution that I didn't extend to Rowe? (upgrade this week) who was only 230k, also had/has JS, a high b/e & was scoring 30s before yesterday. If I can make 87k from downgrading McCreery (my F7) to Poulter (who should make 100k fairly quickly) and use that 87k to upgrade my maxed out rookie F4 Warner, how is it a bad idea? Holding him until his bye to possibly make another 50k at the expense of on-field upgrades doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Poulter is also coverage for the mids which McCreery doesn't offer.
Fair enough mate, just my opinion. Go with your gut as we all say.

Sainters, what can you tell me about Byrnes? I have no clue what he looks like, where he plays, or what he does...
Been playing mainly half forward/wing the past 2 games. Ratts is a big fan of him and loves to tell people that he nicknamed him Ronnie.

The only warning on him is Geary is playing VFL next week and since he is still technically captain, he will be brought back in after 1-2 games and it will probably be Byrnes who goes out for him.

Had to go a week early on RCD, so probably leaning towards Campbell + Berry -> Poulter + Byrnes.

Could also consider one of those two to Poulter and upgrade Cripps to a proper premo.

Well I did miss the boat not trading in Uber-Premo Tex so I really don't want to miss the boat on the next certainty to finish as the #1 forward. :$

To be fair, Tex actually needs to play well and influence games positively to score well. Hall doesn't. Teams let him get up to 10-12 cheap back pocket possessions a game because it then hems North along the boundary.

Unless CD wake up to their scoring system, if he stays on the park he'll score well playing a very easy role that doesn't hurt teams.

I don't think I'm playing 4D chess at all, I'm bloody struggling! I just don't see what the issue is with this obsession with trading 'on field rookies'. Who defines what an onfield rookie compared to an off field rookie? Bergman would have been considered an off field rookie before these last two weeks. Waterman was an on field option in his first two games. Gulden is almost now an off field rookie. Downgrading Gulden > RCD on field this week could potentially add cash and points. Also, if your downgrading on field rookies, it may mean that your upgrading off field rookies the next week?
No that's incorrect, if you attempt that the SC police will be knocking on your door the next day. Your account may actually be deleted. These laws have been handed down from on high for a reason and all peasants should well know the scriptures by now.

Thanks for the idea of Poulter...l'm just looking for a low priced defender or forward who will play most weeks as l dont have any emergencies that play atm...so weekly games are more important than price for me...
Yep Poulter, Byrnes or Collier-Dawkins are the way to go - not Farrar

Been playing mainly half forward/wing the past 2 games. Ratts is a big fan of him and loves to tell people that he nicknamed him Ronnie.

The only warning on him is Geary is playing VFL next week and since he is still technically captain, he will be brought back in after 1-2 games and it will probably be Byrnes who goes out for him.

Geary will replace Joyce down back.

Byrnes is played for his speed, run and carry. Can't see him getting dropped over the next fortnight. We lack speed especially since Gresham busted his Achilles.

Geary will replace Joyce down back.

Byrnes is played for his speed, run and carry. Can't see him getting dropped over the next fortnight. We lack speed especially since Gresham busted his Achilles.
No he won't. Frawley will likely replace Joyce in the coming weeks. No chance Geary comes in for a key defender which is why Byrnes would be the biggest risk to come out for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm just thinking out loud and I did some quik mafs to decide whether I want to double downgrade or not

Bu what if I trade Scott instead of Brockman next week?

Scott (let's say $250k) to Poulter - gives me about $133k

Scott will be 265k plus the 85 will give his price increases a real jolt. Wouldn't trade. A handy bench player with DPP. could be on his way to 350k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back