Preview Round 9 v Bulldogs MCG Saturday May 11 7.25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This might be a personnel thing. I remember when we were plagued with injury we went corridor a lot more. It was actually super exciting to watch.

Recently, it seems like we are playing safer which I assume is to stem oppo scoring. It's a shame. Hopefully we can get back to the way Yze originally had us wanting to play.
It could be. They could be worried about conceding given our forward line injuries.

Only issue I have with it is that we’ve seen this a lot since the start of last year even when the injuries weren’t that bad. Very different to how we played in 2022 IMO

I saw this stat that said this:

“When moving the ball from defence the Tigers have used the wing 37.9% of the time - the highest percentage of any team

That’s why we’re so predictable. Teams just know we’re going to line up on that wing. At best (for them) they mark it, and at worst it spills out into a boundary throw-in.
I think that you will find that this is Teague's influence ... just look at the stats as to how they moved the ball when he was at Carlton

The AFL have brought out Leigh Fisher for this game. So either he’ll ream us as usual or he’ll be so incompetent we’ll get heaps of s**t frees so we stop complaining

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL have brought out Leigh Fisher for this game. So either he’ll ream us as usual or he’ll be so incompetent we’ll get heaps of s**t frees so we stop complaining
he loves reaming us with an undersized umpires girly fist

I saw this stat that said this:

“When moving the ball from defence the Tigers have used the wing 37.9% of the time - the highest percentage of any team

That’s why we’re so predictable. Teams just know we’re going to line up on that wing. At best (for them) they mark it, and at worst it spills out into a boundary throw-in.
Earlier in the season kicking out from full back, the kicker would look left, right, middle, and often choose the more attacking option. But that has evaporated, and it is the same old Hardwick safe option every time now. Usually a chip to the right hand back pocket, look inboard, chip, but more generally it then goes down the line. No wonder we can't score, we do the same all game and the opposition know it.

Time to give kicking out duties to Brown, because he hasn't been pre-conditioned, and he has the ability and confidence to back himself to kick more daring spaces. If we are going to lose, I would rather do it with some flair, the odd turnover, clanger, than the usual Hardwick safe options ingrained in our designated kickers.

Fact is that without Reiwoldt contesting marks on the wing we really do not have the overhead marking ability to make an impact. Nor do we have the players that have the ability to win contested possessions. Therefore the ball simply rebounds back into the oppositions forward line !
Jack hadn't done it in years, but at his peak he was brilliant at it. Balta at least has the robust style to crash the pack and the speed to get to the ball. I think it is Lefau's turn this week with Balta fresh in from injury.

Sounds like Pickett will tag Bont too.

Agree that Ryan should have played over Naismith, however Carlton have 2 genuine tall forwards, a ruck/forward and a ruck, we tried that early on and Yze found it made us too top heavy at this stage and decided the extra runner was needed which is why we've only played the 2 tall forwards recently.

Not a fan of Balta being asked to play ruck coming back from a knee issue and would have liked Ryan to be brought in, but can understand the decision to have the extra runner, given we struggle to run out games at present, the extra tall would impact that even more.
Could be Lefau and maybe some Pickett as Lefau is good with body work and Pickett a good leap, but Darcy is very tall.

Kamdyn playing VFL. You love to see it really. His ego isn't getting in the way and he will be a wealth of knowledge for the kids developing there.
Just wish some of our other premiership heroes had the same attitude.

Good s**t Kamdyn, great club man.
That’s one things with Kamdyn despite how frustrating he can be at time he is a super club man both on and off the field

I remember speaking to him at a player sponsor dinner a couple of years ago he was super impressive about how he spoke about how he enjoyed helping develop our younger players

I’ll send the concreter over now then
Todays the day mate

What’s your par output for cumdawg

Wouldn’t mind seeing 2 plus goals but hopefully a small bag with 15 odd possies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back