Game Day Round 9 vs. WCE, Marvel, 1:00pm Sun 12/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly you wont need him. If we keep the loss below 6 goals it will be a miracle.

No Yeo and no Waterman are massive outs for us, not to mention Long. We're gonna have to replace them onfield with known squibs or kids.
I mean.

2 bull mids: degoey and mitchell
2 KPF: mcstay , checkers
2 pressure forwards: Shultz, mccreery
And if Elliot out that’s another forward

At some point that starts to hurt lol. Potentially 5 of 6 forwards.

But I agree, we should still win in melb. Felt bad about yeo, insane player just crippled with injuries

I hope they rest him if there’s even a slight back issue. He’s had key defenders marking him every game and despite climbing on their backs a couple of times has been having to go body to body with them. I’m at the stage where I think Begg should come in even if he can’t mark if Krueger’s a no go. Hell bring Dean in and play him forward. Am a bit cranky tbh.

Yeah so I’ve heard. Wondering why we kept him if he’s so inept at everything. Frustrated to say the least.
Begg was one of those we went with that looked like he had athletic traits. He’s fairly agile for a tall, but he isn’t a ruck, isn’t a KPF, so that leaves him as a KPD. But I’m not sure he’s that either..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

oh my god omg GIF

He's a key piece for us is Jamie and with his history with back injuries and getting a bit longer in the tooth, I would be leaning to the side of caution. Excitingly it does mean a chance to see a new look forward line with my changes being:

Out: Schultz, McCreery, Mihocek, Elliott
In: Richards, Johnson, Reef, Dean (to sub)

Maynard, Frampton, Quaynor
Howe, Moore Noble

Cameron, Crisp, N Daicos
Sidebottom, Pendlebury, J Daicos

Harrison, McInnes, Sullivan
Hill, Cox, Johnson

Lipinski, Markov, Richards, WHE
Sub: Dean

Make it a fairly simple equation for Reef and AJ, "if you are standing still - you are in the wrong", look to utilize movement and speed to get separation from McGovern and Barrass, and don't get drawn into slow 1v1 marking contests. Whenever we look to enter 50, one/both of these guys should already be on the move creating space and hitting up on a lead.

I still think our midfield and backline will be far too strong for the (admirably much improved) Eagles, and with Dean as the security as the sub we can roll a Frampton/Howe forward and bring Dean on if the forward line is just not working as named.

I don’t think we will change the backline and move Howe forward. Too risky to upset an effective combination.

I think Reef will come in and WHE will play as a forward.
We did it last year without any bad repercussions.

Not saying Howe forward will happen but Dean coming in to replace him is a perfectly legitimate option . Wouldn’t write it off. Reef coming in is a no brainer but we have three forwards to replace

Be assured that he won't look 'well past it' against us. These people are given the all but forbidden elixir of youth for these games. They rise from their graves to play against us. They are like undiscerning bulls to a red rag when they take the ground to play us.
Do people actually believe this crap? Or just say it for laughs ?

I’d probably prefer to leave the backline unchanged. So I’m wondering why Begg isn’t in the conversation if Freddy is underdone. Even if he was given a Billy Frampton role on one of their tall defenders. I thought he was developing as a ruck/forward? Is he just not up to it yet?
I’d consider Begg for sure. But maybe as a second ruck and give Mason the role as a stay at home forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back