Game Day Round 9 vs. WCE, Marvel, 1:00pm Sun 12/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We play the corridor ( on rebound) - so that is really a moot point, if anything Marvel improves our defenisve system... given it is a zone, menas players not as spread out ...
disagree, the way we structure up is so set for the size of MCG at Etihad it’s easier to kick deeper into 50 bypassing where we typically set up

Looking at the Fly era thread

win/loss at Marvel is 3-3 (50%) admittedly a small sample size

MCG record is 29-1-8

Last edited:

disagree, the way we structure up is so set for the size of MCG at Etihad it’s easier to kick deeper into 50 bypassing where we typically set up

MCG record is 29-1-8
Ummm , what kind of stat is that, the grounds determining the winner? , No the opponent is the key factor, the ground is the same length as MCG witin 1-2 metres, and is approx 20 metres thinner , thats 10 metres, 33 feet on either side, saying the ground influences results is ... well ..... anyway both WCE and PIES play the majority of their home games on exact same size ground, so BOTH teams are eqully affected by "ground size" if thats the case. The main differnce here is we are premiers and Weagles are a basket case, so using the ground as any excuse is just not reasonable. The massive injury carnage ( on both sides) may play a part though !

Finlay to cover as the defensive McCreery/Schultz role makes sense

Showed in his game last year he is a good tackler. And a good linking runner who can push back and then transition forward
Fin's tackling was elite in the Bombers game last year. His best AFL performance by far.

MCG record is 29-1-8
I think we'll play it better with our newly found front half intercept game and manic pressure

Ummm , what kind of stat is that, the grounds determining the winner? ,
ummm yeah? Teams are better at certain grounds? Ever seen Geelong's record in Geelong?

The main differnce here is we are premiers and Weagles are a basket case, so using the ground as any excuse is just not reasonable. The massive injury carnage ( on both sides) may play a part though !
Not using it as an excuse just saying I would feel much more confident if the game was at the ground where we are 29-1-8, personally

Fin's tackling was elite in the Bombers game last year. His best AFL performance by far.
His tackling was super today. Tackled Allan hard, and then tackled Sullivan and got a HTB free from it

This next match represents a real chance for us to consolidate a spot in the top 8.

It looks like all the top 8 teams are playing one another, which means we could end up as high as 5th.

I reckon we've shown enough lately (in our first three games there wasn't enough 'mongrel' in our approach, in my opinion, but we seem to have rediscovered a fair amount of physicality and some of our characteristic manic pressure levels in the last five).

Ca'arn the Pies! Keep the momentum going!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fin
Reef

them in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fin in.

Sleep Yawn GIF

So we will have no DeGoey, Mitchell, McCreery, Mihocek, Elliott or Schultz. We basically lose 4 players from our forward half. It's practically going to be a VFL forward line.
I have nightmares about round 4 , 2022 against WC, it couldn't happen again, could it??
I was hoping to have a good day at the footy, watching us cruise to a win. Suddenly its gone from 90/10 to about 65/35. Considering WC really should have beaten Essendoom last weekend, and the number of players we now have unavailable.....😬
The more players we lose, the more confident I am of a positive result. We could switch with the VFL team and still crack a win. We are basically unbeatable, and I suspect half of our injuries are only a pretence to give some guys a break from the relentless winning of games. Continually being top dog can take its toll.

Just take another look at your glass and see it as half full rather than half empty. It works for me. Pies by 10 goals.

The more players we lose, the more confident I am of a positive result. We could switch with the VFL team and still crack a win. We are basically unbeatable, and I suspect half of our injuries are only a pretence to give some guys a break from the relentless winning of games. Continually being top dog can take its toll.

Just take another look at your glass and see it as half full rather than half empty. It works for me. Pies by 10 goals.
Have you swapped from heroin to MDMA?

ummm yeah? Teams are better at certain grounds? Ever seen Geelong's record in Geelong?

Not using it as an excuse just saying I would feel much more confident if the game was at the ground where we are 29-1-8, personally
Collingwoods record v Geelong at Kardinia Park is greater I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back