Official Team Thread Roys 2011 Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-season is over, the real stuff is here. BBQ at Fred's tonight, BYO spirits. Oh yeah, we are playing tomorrow so everyone in bed (doesn't have to be yours) by 5am.:thumbsu:

Pre-season is over, the real stuff is here. BBQ at Fred's tonight, BYO spirits. Oh yeah, we are playing tomorrow so everyone in bed (doesn't have to be yours) by 5am.:thumbsu:

Why is it that when the BBQ is at Fred's place it is always BYO spirits... Sheez, the rest of us provide an open bar....

Yeah.. I went there.... :eek:

Very very disappointing start to the season against the Dragons.. Strong start to the year posting wise though which is a positive...

Had some thoughts on the team movements, will take all suggestions for team rejigging and movements in this thread...

After Mobbs dropped himself last week, I think we should take the bull by the horns with some of these changes... We cannot go through this season like last season... Stability and strength in our core positions has to be the focus...

So this is the side I propose for Round 2.. What are everyone elses thoughts???

Code:
B       Secular Bicep   FattyLumpkin   Maroon Goon
HB      killer          The Lions Den  Lionsman
C       3KZIsFootball   Fred           ItsMyShow
HF      royboy2         Roylion        Roy FitzLion
F       don vito of fit Mobbenfuhrer   Carn The Roys!
R       Fat Pizza       Reardo         sblack
I       flea29          JakeThePeg
Emerg   Kooka

Mobbs into the side and to FF
Roylion to CHF
Fred to C
Itsmyshow to Wing
Kooka to Emerg
The Lions Den to CHB

Certainly worth a try as it was a disappointing loss.

Very very disappointing start to the season against the Dragons.. Strong start to the year posting wise though which is a positive...

Had some thoughts on the team movements, will take all suggestions for team rejigging and movements in this thread...

After Mobbs dropped himself last week, I think we should take the bull by the horns with some of these changes... We cannot go through this season like last season... Stability and strength in our core positions has to be the focus...

So this is the side I propose for Round 2.. What are everyone elses thoughts???

Code:
B       Secular Bicep   FattyLumpkin   Kooka
HB      killer          The Lions Den  Lionsman
HF      royboy2         Roylion        Roy FitzLion
F       don vito of fit Mobbenfuhrer   Carn The Roys!
Emerg   Kooka

Roylion to CHF
Fred to C
Itsmyshow to Wing
Kooka to Emerg
The Lions Den to CHB
I like it, Mobbs is a natural FF, he has always reminded me of a young Warwick Capper. The only suggestions I would make IMS is perhaps we could switch Carn The Roys! to the HFF and swing Roy FitzLion to the FP. Also Kooka is in a BP as well as being an Emergency, if we ever need to call on our Emergency we will have to use one of Kooka's many personalites to plug the gaps.

I like it, Mobbs is a natural FF, he has always reminded me of a young Warwick Capper. The only suggestions I would make IMS is perhaps we could switch Carn The Roys! to the HFF and swing Roy FitzLion to the FP. Also Kooka is in a BP as well as being an Emergency, if we ever need to call on our Emergency we will have to use one of Kooka's many personalites to plug the gaps.

s**t dagnamit.... Was supposed to be Maroon Goon in a BP....

I like the CTR and Roy FitzLion switch too...

UPDATED SIDE

Code:
B       Secular Bicep   FattyLumpkin   Maroon Goon
HB      killer          The Lions Den* Lionsman
HF      royboy2         Roylion        Carn The Roys!
F       don vito of fit Mobbenfuhrer   Roy FitzLion

Emerg   Kooka

Roylion to CHF
Fred to C
Itsmyshow to Wing
Kooka to Emerg
The Lions Den to CHB
CTR to HFF
Roy FitzLion to FP

Kooka - So good he can play back pocket and be emergency

I always new IMS didn't like Maroon Goon, especially after the deep heat/jock strap incident.

My apologies to Maroon Goon... But that deep heat did hurt...

Of all the oddballs of footy history you were bound to name as a comparatif, Warwick Capper was about the leas expected!

Mark Jackson??

Phil Carmen??

John Coleman??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I've just had a good idea.;)

I think I've just had a good idea.;)

If you are thinking what I am thinking... Well, just give me a few minutes to put the footy trip money on us to win this season's premiership :cool:

Mobbs is a lock for FF this season. End of season trip this year will be to Cancun, Mexico. I've booked us for departure two days following our final match in the regular season as we won't play finals, that's how we roll.:thumbsu:

Long before the SuperDome,
Where the Saints of football play,
Lived a city that the damned called home,
Hear their hellish roundelay...

New Orleeeans...
Home of pirates, drunks, and whores!
New Orleeeans...
Tacky, overpriced, souvenir stores!
If you want to go to Hell, you should make that trip
to the Sodom and Gomorrah on the Mississipp'!

New Orleeeans...
Stinking, rotten, vomiting, vile!
New Orleaaans...
Putrid, brackish, maggoty, foul!
New Orleeeans...
Crummy, lousy, rancid, and rank!

New Orleeeans!

You asking me out on a date??

Yeah I think I'll find myself wandering to one or two of their games - havnt seen a draw for NEAFL yet. I believe Reardo wouldn't mind chaperoning if we can find the right game.

Saw NT vs Mt Gravatt twice last year. Mt G supporters take the bait too easiliy, but they do take it, so its a guaranteed "catch". Any game(s) would have to be at a suburban ground Vs a suburban club - bugger the Gabba or Carara Vs Lions/Suns II.

I'll have a squiz

If anyone is interested, I have a Supercoach/Dreamtime style league that I have started up.. The league will have a draft over the next two weeks to fill sides (meaning that a player will only be in one side, where it differs from SC/DT)
PM me if you are interested in joining :thumbsu:

Round 8
Sat May 21 2.00pm
Bris Lions Res v NT Thunder
Sherwood

The Thunder play their first game in Brisbane for the season against the Lions at Sherwood

Stick it in yer lil black books, etch it in yer brains & get yers a leave pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back