Official Team Thread Roys FFC Season 36 Community Rooms - The Quest for the Holy Grail !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Get up everybody. Gotta go barrack for the ressies!

Edit: it's at 7pm AEDTIPM

Following on from the Broken Medal awards night last week, I'm rapt to announce that the winner of the Roys FFC "Players' Player" award, the Good O'l Roy was decided unanimously to be a choice unlikely to surprise.

Congratulations to outgoing stalwart TedDougChris for being crowned the Good O'l Roy for Season 36, but of course based on a body of work that went much further.

As fleshed out a little more extensively and GIF-driven in the recent farewell thread, he's written his own ticket to this accolade.

So congrats TDC! Even more medals to lug around with you wherever you go!

Full list of Baggy 'rilla updated in the new History thread:

Extended Honours Board now updated thru Season 36 in the History thread:

Season 36 additions:
SeasonCaptaincyBroken Medal
(B&F)
Yippyio Medal
*goalkicking)
Royboy2 Award
(most consistent)
PTizzle Award
(best new player)
Flea29 Award
(most improved)
Itsmyshow Award
(spammiest)
Good Ole Roy
("players' player")
Life Members
S36TedDougChrisPure GruntMooch (54)MikePure GruntMrsEddieBetts
SpecialBruce
WindyHill
TedDougChrisTedDougChristba
Pure Grunt Mooch _Mike_ MrsEddieBetts SpecialBruce windyhill

So the entire Master Activity Table is too big to read on Bigfooty so instead I have made a reporting tool which draws from the data.

I know tigs2010 will be keen so here you go buddy!

View attachment 1871569
Think I had more posts against Bombers in S35 than I did in all of S36 lol

Quiet season on the media and participation front from the Roys but we still got a few placings in the Beez Award Count which was held over the last couple of days. Full list of all Beez recognitions is [here].

35th - Mobbs
37th - TedDougChris
79th - tigs2010
92nd - Zevon
97th - Phar Ace
100th - Elmer_Judd

Congratulations to Tonga Bob from {addteamlaterwhenremembered} who was the Beez medallist for S36. Splendid player to bounce off in a match thread and without!

Oh and Elmer_Judd here are your (Roys) career posting stats so you can argue with tigs and phar ace about something different for a change!
Elmer_Judd_posting_history.png

trologo236.png

SWEET FA'S "RATE THE OPPOSITION" RESULTS S36

The league's companion piece to our very own Barrels Award is known as the ... (goes digging) ... "Rate The Opposition" and is forced down our throats with aplomb by new Wonders skipper AnUltimateRessie .

Whilst the more deeptimey Barrels award (named after Barrels btw fwoar massive reveal) has long been a Roys staple, this new concept is leaguewide. They're not the same: one records who everyone thinks are the best opposing participants in a match thread, the other records who everyone thinks are the best best opposing participants in a match thread. The difference is subtle (one is shown later in the paragraph fwoar massive reveal).

For Season 36, AUR's RTO came to a head recently with an announcement of the most beloved opponents across the league. The biggest suckup to their matchups was the Demons' validation desperado Gralin followed by James Colorado and King Tenz .

Here's how the Roys fared: [Top 50]
In Equal 5th position was our outgoing and keenly dressed ex-skipper TedDougChris . Sounds like a great accolade but in part its also kind of a kick up the arse to the rest of us!
In equal 24th apparently was myself which surprises because I was admittedly more s**t than ever last season.
Rounding out the Top 50, Elmer_Judd squeezed in for an equal 46th position, a testament to just how much traction you can get in a thread for abusing the hell out of food preferences!

The upshot: We had a light season in S36, possibly the only season in our history when we weren't clearly the greatest, cleverest and most lovable team in the league. Sounds like progress!

It'll be an interesting time in upcoming Season 37, to see where the future leads.

Typed the entire thing with my pants off (massive reveal).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1874665

SWEET FA'S "RATE THE OPPOSITION" RESULTS S36

The league's companion piece to our very own Barrels Award is known as the ... (goes digging) ... "Rate The Opposition" and is forced down our throats with aplomb by new Wonders skipper AnUltimateRessie .

Whilst the more deeptimey Barrels award (named after Barrels btw fwoar massive reveal) has long been a Roys staple, this new concept is leaguewide. They're not the same: one records who everyone thinks are the best opposing participants in a match thread, the other records who everyone thinks are the best best opposing participants in a match thread. The difference is subtle (one is shown later in the paragraph fwoar massive reveal).

For Season 36, AUR's RTO came to a head recently with an announcement of the most beloved opponents across the league. The biggest suckup to their matchups was the Demons' validation desperado Gralin followed by James Colorado and King Tenz .

Here's how the Roys fared: [Top 50]
In Equal 5th position was our outgoing and keenly dressed ex-skipper TedDougChris . Sounds like a great accolade but in part its also kind of a kick up the arse to the rest of us!
In equal 24th apparently was myself which surprises because I was admittedly more s**t than ever last season.
Rounding out the Top 50, Elmer_Judd squeezed in for an equal 46th position, a testament to just how much traction you can get in a thread for abusing the hell out of food preferences!

The upshot: We had a light season in S36, possibly the only season in our history when we weren't clearly the greatest, cleverest and most lovable team in the league. Sounds like progress!

It'll be an interesting time in upcoming Season 37, to see where the future leads.

Typed the entire thing with my pants off (massive reveal).
now the Roys claim the authenticity of the award?? TedDougChris will be rolling in his grave !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back