thegreig

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2010
Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars BBL
I just put on channel 7's footy flash backs fitzroy v essendon and the ruckman is playing pants! Was this a common trend during the mid 80s? Never seen it before

I just put on channel 7's footy flash backs fitzroy v essendon and the ruckman is playing pants! Was this a common trend during the mid 80s? Never seen it before

Paul Roos explained it at the start of the interview, The ruckman would bleed from corkies for up to 3 weeks so he wore padding underneath the pants to help him get through, not common at all I dont believe in fact its the first time i remember seeing it

Paul Roos explained it at the start of the interview, The ruckman would bleed from corkies for up to 3 weeks so he wore padding underneath the pants to help him get through, not common at all I dont believe in fact its the first time i remember seeing it
Ok cheers I missed the start of the interview, makes sense though just looked so weird

Reeves is correct and he was always having issues with his thighs.

Some of the better techniqued ruckmen back in the day when you could actually run into a bounce down would dig their knees into you to get a lift up. Those with a good technique inflicted a lot of pain into their opponents back in the day. That included Simon Madden and John Newman.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back