Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
May 1, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
..........rumour going around the traps is that a high profile Aussie athlete has faked her knee injury to avoid a drug test.

I hope to God its not true.

She's entered in the games, they can drug test her any time they like. Just ask the Greeks!

If she was trying to avoid testing, she's have been on the first plane home, not hanging around for two weeks trying to recover.

scmods said:
She's entered in the games, they can drug test her any time they like. Just ask the Greeks!

If she was trying to avoid testing, she's have been on the first plane home, not hanging around for two weeks trying to recover.

But she DID fly out of the country. She spent time in England and Italy. I'm no expert but I assume one or two weeks could easily be enough to get the stuff out of your system.

The Greek athletes had a plan to "hide" in hospital for a week, then miraculously recover (drug free) and be fit to run in the Games. Unfortunately for them the authorities were not that stupid.

Anyway, I don't really believe it, but its not totally unbelieveble either.

some say a picture tells a thousand words, I really couldn't find a better way to say it than this:
horse-poo.jpg

She was in England and Italy because that is where her preparation was always giong to be.

hotpie said:
..........rumour going around the traps is that a high profile Aussie athlete has faked her knee injury to avoid a drug test.

I hope to God its not true.

First troll on the Olympics board. :rolleyes:

Its not a troll. Its a geniune rumour which I'm sharing. Its probabaly got no substance to it (pardon the pun) but I'm certainly not making any allegations.

Its all too easy to assume the rest of the world are drug cheats and we are squeaky clean. I'm only offering another angle on it, hoping I'm wrong.

it is interesting to see the Greek runners aparently tested positive ot a banned substance prior to the games, and thus made up the little accident thing, taking themselves to hospital to be flushed out for a few days.

I can see how people can see the similarities with Pitman,false of course.

I liked Vossies comments, give her a paikiller and get on with it. Our footy players are tough eh.Brings back memories of NIge in the GF last year with his cracked ribs and punctured lungs,nothing owuld stop him playing.That win at all costs mentality.I hope she has it, that remains to be seen though.

hotpie said:
Its all too easy to assume the rest of the world are drug cheats and we are squeaky clean. QUOTE]

You can safely assume the US are.....

None are sqeaky clean, but some are a whole lot worse than others.

Andrew Mc said:
And she could just have easily been tested there... If one of our weightlifters was tracked down on holidays in Fiji, I wouldn't think they'd have too much trouble finding Pitman.

The drug testers did not have access to the Greeks while they were in hospital "recovering" from their motorcycle accident. Hospital is a sanctuary, a safe-house, where the officials can't get to you.

Like I've said, I don't really believe this rumour, but if you wanted to hide from drug testers, going under the knife is a good decoy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back