MinerBoy

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 9, 2007
Do you know where the f*** you are!
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Other teams?
MinerBoy I see your strava full of runs in my area today..

Down ready for the Geelong Half tomorrow?
How you feeling.. Target?
Oh g'day mate. Sorry I didn't catch BigFooty post while I was away.

Just a family weekend. We stayed at the Geelong Conference Centre up at Eastern Gardens.

You would have noticed I didn't do the HM but did get out for that distance anyway lol. Stopped at the bridge where the 7k guys split off and waited for a mate to shout out some encouragement. Think that was probably 9km in to the half.

We both did Sandy Point about 6 weeks ago and I did 1:23 high and he went 1:24 low... yesterday he went 1:22:28 (not bad for an early 50s bloke).... so now I'm chasing him again lol. Have registered for the Traralgon half early June.

Were you happy with your run? Must have been delighted with the weather. Nice and fresh and the wind and rain mostly stayed away. As good as you could have hoped for in the end.

Willo_

Trust the Process
Apr 27, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
76ers, Melbourne Roys
Oh g'day mate. Sorry I didn't catch BigFooty post while I was away.

Just a family weekend. We stayed at the Geelong Conference Centre up at Eastern Gardens.

You would have noticed I didn't do the HM but did get out for that distance anyway lol. Stopped at the bridge where the 7k guys split off and waited for a mate to shout out some encouragement. Think that was probably 9km in to the half.

We both did Sandy Point about 6 weeks ago and I did 1:23 high and he went 1:24 low... yesterday he went 1:22:28 (not bad for an early 50s bloke).... so now I'm chasing him again lol. Have registered for the Traralgon half early June.

Were you happy with your run? Must have been delighted with the weather. Nice and fresh and the wind and rain mostly stayed away. As good as you could have hoped for in the end.
Yeah I was really happy, knocked about 70 seconds off my PB getting it down to 1:40:58... Cannot at all complain, especially as 2 years ago when I did that last I had only been running for 8 months and did under 2 hours for the first time and was super happy. So I was thrilled, stuck to my plan almost perfectly. Weather was spot on, i was really concerned on Saturday but that window for the run was perfect, one windy section but otherwise no complaints at all

Remove this Banner Ad