Running Thread - Join our Strava Club!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all, since I've seen plenty of shoe chat here seeking thoughts... currently looking for your cushioned but quick if need all round everyday shoe. I currently have Nike Infinity Reacts, NB 1080s and Adidas Boston 9s in my rotation.. I did have have Nike Pegs 36 as my all round workhorse but they are cooked now so looking for something to replace it, the infinitys and 1080s I use as my long easy run options, the Boston's I've only just gotten but they feel more like my quicker pace/10k road race shoe options.. They are fantastic though so far so they could end up being the way to go.. My first Adidas shoes but I am super happy and impressed with them

I'm really enjoying my Nike Tempo Next% and Zoom Fly 3 for the real solid hit outs and TTs.

Workouts/sessions I'll use my Pegs and NB Tempos.

Have quite a few Mizuno (Wave Riders) and NB varieties for every day running and my absolute go to shoes for longer runs or even mid-longs when I just need the legs to feel good and need the love are Brooks Ghosts or NB 1080s.

The Next% are amazing though, absolutely love them. They do have a bit more slap about them on your footfall but they give back so much.

I'm really enjoying my Nike Tempo Next% and Zoom Fly 3 for the real solid hit outs and TTs.

Workouts/sessions I'll use my Pegs and NB Tempos.

Have quite a few Mizuno (Wave Riders) and NB varieties for every day running and my absolute go to shoes for longer runs or even mid-longs when I just need the legs to feel good and need the love are Brooks Ghosts or NB 1080s.

The Next% are amazing though, absolutely love them. They do have a bit more slap about them on your footfall but they give back so much.
Those magnificent mango ones? Mate I have had those in the cart to purchase many many times the last few weeks... Just can't pull the trigger on spending that coin haha

Those magnificent mango ones? Mate I have had those in the cart to purchase many many times the last few weeks... Just can't pull the trigger on spending that coin haha
They’re the ones
IMG_2263.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm just not sure I can justify the cost with my level of ability!!
They look magnificent though.. So do the green ones, I was after some of them but can't find them anywhere and can only find boring black online at the moment :thumbsdown:
Update... Just got some of the Tempo Next% from Rebel.. $200 🤙

So longish run this morning, had 21k planned, because I'm a child basically and can't wait i wore the tempo next %s.. But thought I'll be smart and as i was doing 2 loops and stopping for a drink at half way, change my shoes just in case anything was rubbing/I was being stupid etc.. They felt fine, I was a bit sore in my knees but no issues, I feel like they made me focus on my form more, they are a bit slappy and loud aren't they?
Any way swapped to my 1080s at half way, dumb dumb move.. Felt like putting on a pair of slippers, in feel and energy return, was amazed my first couple of Ks weren't awful cos it felt so clunky. Anyway no harm done, funny to feel how different one pair feels to another though..
Reckon they'll be good for when you are picking up the pace obviously so keen for a better experiment this week

Also I pulled the pin at 16.5k cos my youngest was awake half the night so with a s**t night's sleep I just couldn't be bothered

I wore the Tempo Next % for parkrun today.... Had a knee clean up March last year (Like just as Covid shut everything down here in Vic)....

After working back slowly through S&C and building the distances I've been in full swing for a few months now.

5km pb was 18:30 pre-18 months of injury and frustration. Post op and following a regular S&C routine I'm moving better than ever. Equalled 18:30 then went better with an 18:25 wearing the zoom flys. Now in the past 4-5 weeks I've done an 18:12 and today a 17:49 (both wearing the next%).

Now I'm not saying the next% account for that jump alone, as I've worked my effing ass off lol, but * me they do feel so good.

1611396530590.png

The goal when working back was just to run pain free. Worked through jog/walk to short jogs... from 3 days a week to 4 then 5...6. Gradually built the distances. Now basically settled in to a routine between 60-75km week. Looking at around 300km months.

Typical week looks like--> RG run - rest - workout/sesh - easy - easy or rest - parkrun plus a bit - a bit longer or some trails.

Focussed mainly on 5km/10km goals and have pb'd the 5km as above and also brought the 10km down from 39:33 -> 38:53 -> 38:32.

Really happy with those results when at one stage I was just happy to be moving again without pain and restriction. Even if the surgery and physio was successful getting me going, I wasn't expecting to hit new PBs, and especially so soon.

So the next goal was to be the Geelong HM in April and while I'll still do that, I've also entered the Sandy Point HM in a month or so. The goal here has always been sub 90 but I'm feeling like I can aim for a bit better than that. Perhaps 1hr 25. The HM best is 1:31:08 back in 2017 and I was in shape to beat that in 2018 but basically raced all the distances but the HM. I entered Geelong HM 2019 with that goal but that's when injury hit.

So here we are, 2 years later with Sandy Point and Geelong over the next 12 weeks and hoping to not only pb and go sub 90, but hopefully go under by a bit of a margin.

Ohhhh.... yeah I started talking about the Next% :tearsofjoy:.... I plan on wearing them too lol. Also got some funky looking aqua Zoom Fly 3s on the way I can't wait to get.

Hi all, since I've seen plenty of shoe chat here seeking thoughts... currently looking for your cushioned but quick if need all round everyday shoe. I currently have Nike Infinity Reacts, NB 1080s and Adidas Boston 9s in my rotation.. I did have have Nike Pegs 36 as my all round workhorse but they are cooked now so looking for something to replace it, the infinitys and 1080s I use as my long easy run options, the Boston's I've only just gotten but they feel more like my quicker pace/10k road race shoe options.. They are fantastic though so far so they could end up being the way to go.. My first Adidas shoes but I am super happy and impressed with them

ASICS Nova Blast. Seriously surprised me. They’re my daily trainer, with the 1080s for faster runs. Haven’t worn ASICS since 2004... but I love these

Keep an eye out for the Nimbus Lite 2 as well. Apparently they’re also amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wore the Tempo Next % for parkrun today.... Had a knee clean up March last year (Like just as Covid shut everything down here in Vic)....

After working back slowly through S&C and building the distances I've been in full swing for a few months now.

5km pb was 18:30 pre-18 months of injury and frustration. Post op and following a regular S&C routine I'm moving better than ever. Equalled 18:30 then went better with an 18:25 wearing the zoom flys. Now in the past 4-5 weeks I've done an 18:12 and today a 17:49 (both wearing the next%).

Now I'm not saying the next% account for that jump alone, as I've worked my effing ass off lol, but **** me they do feel so good.

View attachment 1044868

The goal when working back was just to run pain free. Worked through jog/walk to short jogs... from 3 days a week to 4 then 5...6. Gradually built the distances. Now basically settled in to a routine between 60-75km week. Looking at around 300km months.

Typical week looks like--> RG run - rest - workout/sesh - easy - easy or rest - parkrun plus a bit - a bit longer or some trails.

Focussed mainly on 5km/10km goals and have pb'd the 5km as above and also brought the 10km down from 39:33 -> 38:53 -> 38:32.

Really happy with those results when at one stage I was just happy to be moving again without pain and restriction. Even if the surgery and physio was successful getting me going, I wasn't expecting to hit new PBs, and especially so soon.

So the next goal was to be the Geelong HM in April and while I'll still do that, I've also entered the Sandy Point HM in a month or so. The goal here has always been sub 90 but I'm feeling like I can aim for a bit better than that. Perhaps 1hr 25. The HM best is 1:31:08 back in 2017 and I was in shape to beat that in 2018 but basically raced all the distances but the HM. I entered Geelong HM 2019 with that goal but that's when injury hit.

So here we are, 2 years later with Sandy Point and Geelong over the next 12 weeks and hoping to not only pb and go sub 90, but hopefully go under by a bit of a margin.

Ohhhh.... yeah I started talking about the Next% :tearsofjoy:.... I plan on wearing them too lol. Also got some funky looking aqua Zoom Fly 3s on the way I can't wait to get.
I am planning on the Geelong Half as well, 2 years ago it was my 2nd ever Half Marathon and i was absolutely stoked to break 2 hours.. Now i really think i should be tipping under 1hr 40 which would be fantastic, how bloody satisfying is it when you can look back and see improvement like that.

I have a 10k run for the Bellarine Sunset Run in just under 3 weeks and am chomping at the bit for it... all the best times i have done were last year and "unofficial" but they give me confidence that I can better them with more time and fitness on hand, and also just being part of the natural momentum and high you get from an actual event

should be good, as long as there is no stinking gale wind or heat like last year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now I'm not saying the next% account for that jump alone, as I've worked my effing ass off lol, but **** me they do feel so good.

View attachment 1044868

Awesome job mate. Been inspiring watching your journey back from injury from afar.. and I've had my far share to know how tough it is

I am planning on the Geelong Half as well, 2 years ago it was my 2nd ever Half Marathon and i was absolutely stoked to break 2 hours.. Now i really think i should be tipping under 1hr 40 which would be fantastic, how bloody satisfying is it when you can look back and see improvement like that.

I have a 10k run for the Bellarine Sunset Run in just under 3 weeks and am chomping at the bit for it... all the best times i have done were last year and "unofficial" but they give me confidence that I can better them with more time and fitness on hand, and also just being part of the natural momentum and high you get from an actual event

should be good, as long as there is no stinking gale wind or heat like last year!
Sunset run cancelled 24 hours before the race.. Thanks Covid

Well postponed.. Hopefully they can get it on within the month or two.. Or however long it takes to reschedule?
Anyone I'd prepared, tapered.. So decided to go time trail a 10k... Running solo dropped my PB from 45.48 to 44.38 so was bloody stoked, hanging to go out in a race now and with the crowd and other people around get carried along a bit quicker.

Still progress is progress... Couple of years ago I was about 20kg heavier and doing 5k in 28 mins!

I'm just not sure I can justify the cost with my level of ability!!
They look magnificent though.. So do the green ones, I was after some of them but can't find them anywhere and can only find boring black online at the moment :thumbsdown:

Kofuzi is not pleased with your post 😁

So far this year I've had the Portsea Twilight and race 1 of the Sunset Series at the Tan. Race 2 at Princes Park was cancelled due to the stupid 5 day lockdown. I have the Sandy Point 1/2 this Sunday and Race 3 of the twilight series the following Wednesday at the Zoo. Busy week.
Managed to pick up a pair of the Endorphin Speed a few weeks ago and they are very comfortable. No new shoes on the horizon thankfully for my bank account but I have been watching a few reviewers online, mainly Eddbud and Seth talk about the Puma Deviate Nitro with a carbon plate. Cannot find them anywhere in Oz but if they come in under $200Ausd I'll probably get some when available.

Any of you guys used massage guns before? Age is catching up with me and there’s no good physios in Germany that I know of. My interest is piqued

Any of you guys used massage guns before? Age is catching up with me and there’s no good physios in Germany that I know of. My interest is piqued

Nah that's a no from me. Love a regular massage though.

Pretty sure the guys on IRP gave them a decent review though maybe 4-6 weeks ago.

Yep, I got one for Christmas. It's always difficult to gauge the benefit of equipment like that, but it seems to have helped to keep my ITBs under control. I think it's been most effective when used in combination with a foam roller and spike ball rather than on its own.

This could be a dumb question... but what do you actually use the spikey ball for.. I have one, but i don't know what i am doing with it so it just sits there doing sweet fa.. the foam roller though i do give a good going over

This could be a dumb question... but what do you actually use the spikey ball for.. I have one, but i don't know what i am doing with it so it just sits there doing sweet fa.. the foam roller though i do give a good going over

Use it on trigger points, such as muscles around the hip/calves etc. I use it to roll out my foot arches most mornings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back