Official Match Thread S23 Round 17 - Gold City Royals vs West Coast Wonders @ The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

ab2xe0.jpg

Gold City Royals vs West Coast Wonders
Match Preview - Round 17

______________________________________________________________________________________

Summary

One contest that really doesn't have any bearing on the result for the finals. Both sides have missed out in season 23 with the winner, really only gaining bragging rights until their next meeting. The Wonders have had an up and down season to say the least, while the Royals are currently starring down at a wooden spoon if they don't win this weekend. The Wonders will be missing both captains this week as per rules of the team sheet errors while we get to see MKMatty upgraded into a captaincy role for the week while his captains start their mad monday early. The Wonders have a good core group of posters boasting LicoriceAllsorts, MKMatty NickCC doing the brunt of the work, as they're expecting a big list turnover at the end of the season.

The Royals on the other hand, well, I haven't paid much attention to them this season and that could be because they seem like a vanilla club. Sitting dead last on the SFA ladder, the Royals will be looking to jump off the wooden spoon wagon and finish the season with some credibility. The Royals have some big names at the club, but going through their list, nothing too special jumps out at me. CakeEater has been a solid pick up for them. Blacky will need more from his core group of posters, otherwise the Royals really should do what the Bombers did last season and clear out some deadwood on the list. A complete overhaul and things might turn around for them.

Where and When: The Golden Throne, Sunday May 28th

LAST TIME THEY MET

2u607yw.jpg

The Wonders had a comfortable 33 point victory in the match these two sides last played against each other. Wonders captain (yours truly) had a big game with 23 disposals and 9 tackles while club veteran PVF kicked 5 goals from his 8 disposals. JT_the_Man played a creditable game in the ruck to help his side get first use with 21 disposals and 15 hitouts.

For the Royals, it was a low scoring affair for the club with BigJoeD_ the best of the bunch. 17 disposals earned himself a high scoring dream team score while Ulahoopski picked up 24 possessions.

KEY MATCH-UPS

1. Missing Wonders vs their opponents
With the Wonders captains missing this week there are two massive positions up for grabs this week. RR and FF are free to whoever wants the position. Thatsapaddlin and Easty will have a tough time taking on opponents they wouldn't normally play on.

2. SSwans2011 vs Marlowe
Something tells me that SSwans2011 will enjoy this match up. He has enjoyed a few great seasons as the clubs CHB but the last couple of weeks, the All-SFA CHB has played a key component in the Wonders forward line. Could he kick a bag against old friend Marlowe? I'm sure he'd love that.

3. Footypie32 vs Bucking Beads
Remember when Footypie32 became a Wonder for that brief second? You probably aren't the only ones if you don't remember. Footypie32 became a Wonder under the trade roulette we had during the mid-season of this season but now he is in a pivotal match-up on the wing against a rising star from the Wonders in Bucking Beads

Captains please submit Official Team Sheets by 11.59 AEST Thursday

I wonder how many times you've been had
And I wonder how many plans have gone bad
I wonder how many times you had sex
I wonder do you know who'll be next
I wonder I wonder, wonder I do

I wonder about the love you can't find
And I wonder about the loneliness that's mine
I wonder how much going have you got
And I wonder about your friends that are not

I wonder about the tears in children's eyes
And I wonder about the soldier that dies
I wonder will this hatred ever end
I wonder and worry my friend
I wonder, I wonder, wonder don't you?

I wonder how many times you been had
And I wonder how many dreams have gone bad
I wonder how many times you've had sex
And I wonder do you care who'll be next
-------------------------
I wonder, how many games you will lose
I wonder, If you could go back and choose
I wonder, Would you pick the team
I wonder, do you silently scream
I wonder, I wonder I do

ab2xe0.jpg

Gold City Royals vs West Coast Wonders
Match Preview - Round 17

______________________________________________________________________________________

Summary

One contest that really doesn't have any bearing on the result for the finals. Both sides have missed out in season 23 with the winner, really only gaining bragging rights until their next meeting. The Wonders have had an up and down season to say the least, while the Royals are currently starring down at a wooden spoon if they don't win this weekend. The Wonders will be missing both captains this week as per rules of the team sheet errors while we get to see MKMatty upgraded into a captaincy role for the week while his captains start their mad monday early. The Wonders have a good core group of posters boasting LicoriceAllsorts, MKMatty NickCC doing the brunt of the work, as they're expecting a big list turnover at the end of the season.

The Royals on the other hand, well, I haven't paid much attention to them this season and that could be because they seem like a vanilla club. Sitting dead last on the SFA ladder, the Royals will be looking to jump off the wooden spoon wagon and finish the season with some credibility. The Royals have some big names at the club, but going through their list, nothing too special jumps out at me. CakeEater has been a solid pick up for them. Blacky will need more from his core group of posters, otherwise the Royals really should do what the Bombers did last season and clear out some deadwood on the list. A complete overhaul and things might turn around for them.

Where and When: The Golden Throne, Sunday May 28th

LAST TIME THEY MET

2u607yw.jpg

The Wonders had a comfortable 33 point victory in the match these two sides last played against each other. Wonders captain (yours truly) had a big game with 23 disposals and 9 tackles while club veteran PVF kicked 5 goals from his 8 disposals. JT_the_Man played a creditable game in the ruck to help his side get first use with 21 disposals and 15 hitouts.

For the Royals, it was a low scoring affair for the club with BigJoeD_ the best of the bunch. 17 disposals earned himself a high scoring dream team score while Ulahoopski picked up 24 possessions.

KEY MATCH-UPS

1. Missing Wonders vs their opponents
With the Wonders captains missing this week there are two massive positions up for grabs this week. RR and FF are free to whoever wants the position. Thatsapaddlin and Easty will have a tough time taking on opponents they wouldn't normally play on.

2. SSwans2011 vs Marlowe
Something tells me that SSwans2011 will enjoy this match up. He has enjoyed a few great seasons as the clubs CHB but the last couple of weeks, the All-SFA CHB has played a key component in the Wonders forward line. Could he kick a bag against old friend Marlowe? I'm sure he'd love that.

3. Footypie32 vs Bucking Beads
Remember when Footypie32 became a Wonder for that brief second? You probably aren't the only ones if you don't remember. Footypie32 became a Wonder under the trade roulette we had during the mid-season of this season but now he is in a pivotal match-up on the wing against a rising star from the Wonders in Bucking Beads

Captains please submit Official Team Sheets by 11.59 AEST Thursday
I don't see where you've tipped us to win by over 100 points?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how many times you've been had
And I wonder how many plans have gone bad
I wonder how many times you had sex
I wonder do you know who'll be next

I wonder about the love you can't find
And I wonder about the loneliness that's mine
I wonder how much going have you got
And I wonder about your friends that are not

I wonder about the tears in children's eyes
And I wonder about the soldier that dies
I wonder will this hatred ever end
I wonder and worry my friend
I wonder, I wonder, wonder don't you?

I wonder how many times you been had
And I wonder how many dreams have gone bad
I wonder how many times you've had sex
And I wonder do you care who'll be next
-------------------------
I wonder, how many games you will lose
I wonder, If you could go back and choose
I wonder, Would you pick the team
I wonder, do you silently scream
I wonder, I wonder I do

Third week in a row that someone has posted a songs lyrics with 'Wonders' in it somewhere. It's no longer original dude (But props for going all out).

Third week in a row that someone has posted a songs lyrics with 'Wonders' in it somewhere. It's no longer original dude (But props for going all out).
Yeah last time I went with Kevin Arnold and you cried like the little whiny bitch you come across as. Change teams or change name.

simples_fb_1567463.jpg

Footypie will be my after footypoop this Sunday...

If I was to follow this theme I would probably have to say that Bucking Beads will be my Anal Beads after the match on Sunday, which I'm not at all thrilled about.

Can we both just agree to stay away from the others anus and all will be fine. Thanks.

Also haydo169 I was never ever a Oneder. It was more like that time you had a wet dream about Miranda Kerr then woke up and told everyone about the night you spent with Miranda Kerr.

It didn't happen, bro.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back