Media BI Productions Presents: S37 List Assessment & Posting Stats + S34-36 catch-up

Remove this Banner Ad

S37 POSTING LADDER & INAUGURAL YAPPER MEDAL

I'll probably need another day to finish all of my analysis and I'm frankly a bit of a tired yellow German schoolkid at the moment, but in the meantime I did finish a couple of things that I wanted to put in here, a bit less about the raw numbers and graphs.

While compiling the data I also took note of individual match thread H2Hs as well as the top posters in each thread. So here is the 'posting ladder' and what I am terming the 'Yapper Medal' for Season 37. Posting ladder should be pretty self explanatory, 'Yapper Medal' simply gives 3-2-1 votes to the top 3 posters in each match thread by volume, with votes split if there is a tie.

View attachment 2002584

SANFL format because I want to. The Old Boys were nearly pipped on the final day by the Warriors, but Coney Island were 'defeated' by the Demons by around 30 posts and had to settle for second. The Furies went 'winless' for S37, the Gumbies' sole win was against the Furies and the Swamprats' two wins were against the Furies and the Gumbies.

View attachment 2002589

And here is the top 20 of the 'Yapper Medal'. Mobbs a clear standout, picking up 46 of a possible 48 votes, which means he wasn't the top poster in his match thread just once this season. DemurePrincess came storming home in the back half of the season to finish second with 39 votes, followed by Pugsley (35.5), Tonga Bob (35) and T2B_ (33), and a bit of daylight to the rest of the pack.
Some quality posters on that Yapper table.

I'll probably need another day to finish all of my analysis and I'm frankly a bit of a tired yellow German schoolkid at the moment, but in the meantime I did finish a couple of things that I wanted to put in here, a bit less about the raw numbers and graphs.

While compiling the data I also took note of individual match thread H2Hs as well as the top posters in each thread. So here is the 'posting ladder' and what I am terming the 'Yapper Medal' for Season 37. Posting ladder should be pretty self explanatory, 'Yapper Medal' simply gives 3-2-1 votes to the top 3 posters in each match thread by volume, with votes split if there is a tie.

View attachment 2002584

SANFL format because I want to. The Old Boys were nearly pipped on the final day by the Warriors, but Coney Island were 'defeated' by the Demons by around 30 posts and had to settle for second. The Furies went 'winless' for S37, the Gumbies' sole win was against the Furies and the Swamprats' two wins were against the Furies and the Gumbies.

View attachment 2002589

And here is the top 20 of the 'Yapper Medal'. Mobbs a clear standout, picking up 46 of a possible 48 votes, which means he wasn't the top poster in his match thread just once this season. DemurePrincess came storming home in the back half of the season to finish second with 39 votes, followed by Pugsley (35.5), Tonga Bob (35) and T2B_ (33), and a bit of daylight to the rest of the pack.
Streaming Youtube GIF by Elgato

View attachment 2002584

View attachment 2002589

Season 5 Friends Tv Show GIF by Friends

I'm not a doctor, but I think it has something to do with his eyes.
That's the impression I got as well.

Hopefully someone will read the question out to him

OOB have awarded weekly Yappers since S36.

I'm very glad you're adopting Spotswood awards across the entire Sweet FA league!

Superb work.

I CBF going back now but one of the posts alluded to a 20% drop off in posting from one season to the next.

Do dates and big swings in posting align with COVID and lockdowns? Did we post strongly during COVID which padded stats on prior seasons, which then dropped off when we were all allowed to go outside and play?

Superb work.

I CBF going back now but one of the posts alluded to a 20% drop off in posting from one season to the next.

Do dates and big swings in posting align with COVID and lockdowns? Did we post strongly during COVID which padded stats on prior seasons, which then dropped off when we were all allowed to go outside and play?
That was between S33 and S34, and I've had a look at the dates.

The last lockdown in Victoria ended in October 2021, and Season 33 started in February 2022. So looks like there was some holdover in activity as Season 33 is one of the most active seasons in the history of the league.

That was between S33 and S34, and I've had a look at the dates.

The last lockdown in Victoria ended in October 2021, and Season 33 started in February 2022. So looks like there was some holdover in activity as Season 33 is one of the most active seasons in the history of the league.
Certainly the best beez Trophy winner, too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who would that be, Headless?
Thanks for asking, big_icky. Here you go:

🤗🥳🥳🤗 HEADLESS WINS THE SWEET F.A PLAYERS ASSOCIATION - beez TROPHY 🥳🤗🤗🥳

The winner of the Season 33 Sweet F.A Players Association - beez Trophy is none other than the ever loveable Headless of the Mount Buller Demons. With an astonishing 1,727 votes, Headless breaks the record for most votes in a solitary season, set last season by Elton Johns Wig (1,648). For Headless, this is more votes than his last three seasons combined (126, 801, and 633). The star of Mount Buller made his debut all the way back in Season 07 and has played matches in all 27 seasons since - and has polled in 10 of the 15 seasons this prestigious award has been held. This seasons result sees Headless rocket in to equal fifteenth (15th) position on the overall leader board, alongside former winner Tigerturbulance, who won the Season 30 Sweet F.A Players Association - beez Trophy.

If you have been paying attention this season and not living under a rock, this will come as absolutely no surprise that Headless has been crowned the champion of posting this season. While not surprising, the manner in which Headless output quality this season and received votes in recognition of such an immense body of work is nothing short of sheer brilliance. There are not enough superlatives I can offer to aptly describe my very good teammate.

I had the great honour of having a front row to the workings of Headless in Season 33, where he lead the Mount Buller Demons in match threads with his comical, jovial, joyful, witty, smart, and brilliant posting style.

Headless kicked off his campaign away from match thread posting this season, with a thread about league legend (his words, certainly not mine!) Tarkyn_24 dodging up of the Season 08 Mount Buller Demons Best & Fairest. It was a clear indication that Headless was set for a stellar season. By my count, Headless posted at least 25 threads (excluding match threads which were of great substance and quality) to the Sweet Football Association board in Season 33. Those who usually do this, often forget to actually post something worth reading. Headless certainly does not fall in to that category of poster who publish media to the board. Has Headless ever been Landfilled? I doubt it. If so, we can probably Landfill the Moderator who did so.

Describing himself as 'a little silly' in his opening thread, in some ways it is true and is what resonates with other posters (and voters, clearly) - Headless just makes the league an incredibly fun place to be around. Everyone should be a bit more like Headless. Headless has a great knack for posting, which is demonstrated by somehow making a milestone thread be interesting. Headless in Season 33 covered the whole gamut of media, from milestones, interviews, Qooty matters, and much, much more.

A great highlight was his analysis of this very trophy - located here. Well, Headless, you best get to work on how you got the job done this season and sell an e-book or something.

I propose we all rise to give cheers to Headless on what is now a record breaking posting season for the Season 33 Sweet F.A Players Association - beez Trophy winner!

It has been a pleasure to see it unfold. Now don't go falling off the posting-cliff.

Media Contributions:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back