Sack Burton then have a review

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 17, 2009
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Seriously how can they going to have a review and say that Burton and Haas are safe.
All the major things gone wrong are of Burtons doing, lets cover where he has destroyed club and all stating on this subject here that you want Burton gone and why and being clear that the club bosses must show they care about this club as much as we do even though we not paid 100s of thousand to care like them.
A - Appointed as Crows fitness coach after disaster efforts at Brisbane. --- Why
B -- Then promoted twice to become Football manager one of top 3 position within club with top success or reason apart from being Roos
buddy and one of the boys.
C -- He being the person that brought the disaster group to club after trying to get to Brisbane who were clever than us and said no
thanks.
D -- That camp and other physc stuff that mob did that destroyed the soul of individuals and the heart of team unity and confidence.
E -- Pre Season which conducted by his mate Haas who again appointed fitness manager without any success only due to friendship
with Burton and of course at the least overseen by Burton was a total total disaster that wrecked our season before started with a
amazing amount of hamstring related injuries etc.
F - Then of course these injuries kept coming and even when media jumped onto it Don etc said we done review and fixing it
Well guess what it wasn't fixed and even last week more hammys etc.
So how in 21 st week of fixture having same problem that caused by players coming back unfit in January according to CEO etc
to cover these incompetent duo.
G. -- Then of course we have had Mr Burton getting on his high horse when questioned and of course that conference with the Don that
he made a ass of himself with lies etc and in end our head coach had to correct him to lessen the disaster of that exercise.

Look guys know lot of this been covered but so shattered to hear that they were going to back these dynamic duo again and only changes will be some minor coaching positions .
So hoped a direct calling for him to be sacked and supported by all those on here at least would somehow show that we want to give our players the support they need and not by incompetent buddies but by the best possible .

I was looking up old articles regarding Burton’s appointment and time in Brisbane.

This quote from 2011 summed it up...

"I'll come home one day because I have a connection with the Adelaide footy club and my family and friend are back there but at the moment I'm enjoying what I'm doing with Brisbane," said Burton, who admitted to "feeling awkward" about plotting his former club's downfall for the first time at AAMI Stadium tomorrow.

Just a given that he’ll roll back in when he feels like it, with a bit of Ringo Starresque help from his friends.

My theory is we actually do think we have the best football department, all we have to do is x a bit better (x being things the whole team identifies collectively). Everyone says they will work harder, we'll bring some people in at the bottom and they'll learn the Crows way. The club will believe the club has or is on the path to having the best football department in the world.

Sort of as a club we are so great (despite the results), the right candidate for any position will be the one who most closely aligns with what we are doing, someone who can come in and be moulded.

We are no chance of bringing someone in who sits near the top and tells us we are doing it all wrong because we are clearly not hiring based on previous results.

A lack of experience and success and then when things go wrong the players who do care enough are going to question the program and the people delivering it, because how can believe a Burton or Hass know what they are doing when they've never really done it before.

The people doing the review (probably the same review we did last year which got us the results we got this year) will be the ones with the most to lose so I don't expect much to come from it.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, no matter how many threads on the following two individuals will not result in the outcome we want....#ATAFCWEHAVEJOBSFORTHEBOYS
Yes you are probably if not definitely right but somehow thought had a thread calling for his resignation and posters who even though might posted elsewhere all call for him to be sacked ,and if get decent numbers even with short message would be something positive even though never seen by AFC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some detail from the Club would be nice, wouldn’t it?

Because at the moment it appears as though the review is a sham, with a ore determined outcome.
It will be one of those reviews where the outcome has already been decided and the review will just be to justify the decision.

The review will say that Burton and Hass are the best in the business and should continue indefinitely

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was looking up old articles regarding Burton’s appointment and time in Brisbane.

This quote from 2011 summed it up...

"I'll come home one day because I have a connection with the Adelaide footy club and my family and friend are back there but at the moment I'm enjoying what I'm doing with Brisbane," said Burton, who admitted to "feeling awkward" about plotting his former club's downfall for the first time at AAMI Stadium tomorrow.

Just a given that he’ll roll back in when he feels like it, with a bit of Ringo Starresque help from his friends.
Unfortunately many of the ex-boys know this.
It has that feel about it like a workplace where if you're a mate, they'll get you a job there.
Or when they look after family members of workers only etc.

Except this is a professional football club that is supposed to have, and boasted about that they will have, elite standards, search high and the low for the best and put the right people in the right seats.

If they retain Burton which seems more than likely as have stated from CEO etc then what the hell is the point of review.
Burton and his outside gurus stuffed up the whole season with their camp etc crap.
Burton and his mate further wrecked the team with the pre season etc and had no idea even at season end to fix.
Any other role or actions in the club pale so minor it is a joke .
Much as like to see Campo and Clarke replaced as need new ideas they were not reason we fell from 2nd to 12 th or anything else in club.
Anything short of sacking Burton will not cover what occurred this year or put club in top 2 direction next season.
Lets face it can't push him to resign as has one of top jobs in AFL and nobody else silly enough to take.

Worth a try anyway. Sad that informed (as opposed to sheep) members are essentially at war with the club now.
Sad how quickly the club have burned a lot of the good stuff they built up over the previous couple of years.

I was so proud of what we stood for since Walsh walked in our doors. It's the type of club I want us to be. Hard and focussed on the prize.

Is Pyke falling into line? I'm not sure why, he is an intelligent and strong person that seemed to be above the normal path trodden by our club.

Fagan is also confusing me. He appears to be trying to keep the waves to a minimum, when his agenda should be to shake up anyone and anything that needs shaking. I've spent some time with his brother down here in Tassie, and he tells me that Andrew is anything but a follower. I'm holding out hope, but actions speak louder than words ... and much louder than third hand words from ya bro :-(

These two have this off-season to show me that they aren't just going through the paces.

If we are sitting here in pre-season with basically the same off-field setup - with no new blood in important roles - with no major change - I'm sure it'll be more of the same crap sandwich we have had to chew through for most of the last 20 years.

We are worrying about nothing. Surely Burton and Haas have to go. My only concern is that the old Adelaide siege mentality may raise it's ugly head. Instead of getting rid of incompetent staff we will baton down the hatches and hold firm as a big FU to our critics.

It is likely that we have the best personnel willing to work in Adelaide bar perhaps some of Port's staff.
You're telling me no one would relocate to run an entire football department of an AFL side? Or an entire fitness department? We had Poulos here, he's now with the national rugby side in England, he was happy here until we forced him out to bring Burton in.

The truth of the matter is we didn't look and didn't want to look for the best person we could get. We wanted Burton (twice), so we hired him. He got his buddy Hass a job and then within a week he was promoted to head of fitness without even looking for an alternative. And then they joked and laughed about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back