PieNSauce

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 22, 2007
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
are jealous!
Probably don't need to say much except that if you watched the footy tonight you probably saw the most inept umpiring performance in a long time. I actually feel sorry for the umpires. They clearly answer to idiots!

dude according to essendon fans we saw the most inept umpiring performance in a long time this afternoon.

and according to north fans we saw the most inept umpiring performance in a long time last night.

Probably don't need to say much except that if you watched the footy tonight you probably saw the most inept umpiring performance in a long time. I actually feel sorry for the umpires. They clearly answer to idiots!
So you too are of the belief that Krakouer's last 2 goals shouldn't have stood?

I just played social footy in London. No umps so a member of the crowd had to do it. His umpiring was better then the current umpiring.

This is f••••d.

Happens every week unfortunately... one teams get the better end (Geelong obviously tonight).

I don't know how it happens. I personally don't believe umpires have agendas, they call what they see and do their best.... but generally the game is over umpired, and I don't understand why.

So you too are of the belief that Krakouer's last 2 goals shouldn't have stood?
I watched the whole game. :rolleyes: I'd love to know when the umpires were advised that they could call a player back behind the mark but change their mind if they were advantaged.

If Krak's goal is your problem then I'd suggest you go back and watch the rest of the game.

Happens every week unfortunately... one teams get the better end (Geelong obviously tonight).

I don't know how it happens. I personally don't believe umpires have agendas, they call what they see and do their best.... but generally the game is over umpired, and I don't understand why.
Totally agree but if the rules weren't so idiotic it would be less of an issue. I'd hate to be an umpire working for those morons that keep making ridiculous tweaks every 5 minutes. I'm not blaming the umpires, I feel sorry for them.

North vs WCE last night was the same. Something needs to be done. Totally disgraceful.

To easy dude. Just ask yourself this: Would the result have possibly been different in the bucketload of games that throw up the same debates and and arguments and furores about umpires and their leaning, or should i say, perceived leaning to the eventual winners side....then you will understand why the "rules" are what they are, just full of grey areas and why the powers that be want it to be over umpired because they must have the "must have results". ;)

To easy dude. Just ask yourself this: Would the result have possibly been different in the bucketload of games that throw up the same debates and and arguments and furores about umpires and their leaning, or should i say, perceived leaning to the eventual winners side....then you will understand why the "rules" are what they are, just full of grey areas and why the powers that be want it to be over umpired because they must have the "must have results". ;)
lol. The grassy knoll approach! :rolleyes:

The reason I even brought this up is that the rules are just way too open to interpretation which in turn leaves it open to error or manipulation but that does not necessarily mean that manipulation currently exists. What is clear is that nothing is clear and if the AFL leaves things in the current state they may find that manipulation will happen at some point. In the meanwhile, the workload of the umpires has become ridiculous because they need to interpret every little action that happens on the field. That was clearly evidenced on Saturday night when Jolly was penalised for raising his knee even though it was nowhere near another player and nobody was at risk. To me that sort of decision is the clear result of umpires being asked to interpret too much and therefore making stupid mistakes.

lol. The grassy knoll approach! :rolleyes:

The reason I even brought this up is that the rules are just way too open to interpretation which in turn leaves it open to error or manipulation but that does not necessarily mean that manipulation currently exists. What is clear is that nothing is clear and if the AFL leaves things in the current state they may find that manipulation will happen at some point. In the meanwhile, the workload of the umpires has become ridiculous because they need to interpret every little action that happens on the field. That was clearly evidenced on Saturday night when Jolly was penalised for raising his knee even though it was nowhere near another player and nobody was at risk. To me that sort of decision is the clear result of umpires being asked to interpret too much and therefore making stupid mistakes.

huh? so that some point you talk of is in the future i geuss, yes? But this nothing is clear has been the case for the last 2 decades dude..Get with the program, I will ask you again, if you take all the games where there is angst at the umpires, take those games and even out the frees, and when I say even out i mean, those frees for that micromillitre touch on a shoulder that the umps jumps on like someone had their head pulled off, that are 20ms out and a shot for goal..etc..which we then throw to the commentators and they all agree, yep there it is, you can see the slightest of touches and the ump is right...LMAO..then you see a bucketload of s**t that people in the top row of the top deck of the southern stand can see happened, but hey the ump didnt? LMAO...give me a break man, you take a look at how many games would have the result altered if you did...you might want to have you head in the sand, but its evident. What is also eveident is that to many people think this game of ours is anything other than a business during H&A..the afl by and large know which teams are going to be finals contenders and the the 22 rounds are pure BS that after 6 rounds, all and sundry know its a say, 8-10 team comp...its all BS man....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

huh? so that some point you talk of is in the future i geuss, yes? But this nothing is clear has been the case for the last 2 decades dude..Get with the program, I will ask you again, if you take all the games where there is angst at the umpires, take those games and even out the frees, and when I say even out i mean, those frees for that micromillitre touch on a shoulder that the umps jumps on like someone had their head pulled off, that are 20ms out and a shot for goal..etc..which we then throw to the commentators and they all agree, yep there it is, you can see the slightest of touches and the ump is right...LMAO..then you see a bucketload of s**t that people in the top row of the top deck of the southern stand can see happened, but hey the ump didnt? LMAO...give me a break man, you take a look at how many games would have the result altered if you did...you might want to have you head in the sand, but its evident. What is also eveident is that to many people think this game of ours is anything other than a business during H&A..the afl by and large know which teams are going to be finals contenders and the the 22 rounds are pure BS that after 6 rounds, all and sundry know its a say, 8-10 team comp...its all BS man....
lol. If you say so! :confused:

lol. If you say so! :confused:
yep and that is why its so easy for the business to keep on keeping on...you know what they say in the classics? thats footy...that is what the big boys use to pull the wool over everyone's eyes....oh s**t look the ump didnt see that free 10 ms out directly in front...oh well thats footy, oh s**t how on earth did he pluck that free, when there were arms and legs everywhere, oh well thats footy...yeah? keep sleeping..Hang on we have controversy...wait for it, every man and his dog believes a ball was over the line and the umps and the review got it dead wrong. Waiting, waiting waiting, oh and here he is the Lord of Umps has spoken, Jeff Gieschen, "the Giesch", has stated it was the right call...and that makes it right yes? I mean, we have people in the Himalayas who are suggesting the ball was over CLEARLY, but after thourough investigation Giesch says it was right and that is it..be cause the Giesch saysit....but hey, its all cool, because there are times when he says they got it wrong. You know when its a free on a HB flank in a game that was dead and buried, low and behold Geisch comes out and says, yep the umpire got it wrong, he should have paid the free on the HB flank..;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back