Certified Legendary Thread Sad news regarding Fredleduex

Remove this Banner Ad

Very sad to hear. I was always a fan of his posts. I had often wondered his age, as he seemed so contemporary but he referenced games from decades earlier.

I just checked in on his more recent posts (of the near 35,000), and there was one on the Royals, two on the Liberal Party and one on our old friend Kolo.

I am sure he would have liked to finish on something more profound. Life just ends too abruptly sometimes.

Vale.

Sad news indeed! Fred had a dry sense of humour that I will fondly remember.

The sad thing about forums like BF is that we don’t really get to know the person until it’s too late. Thanks Seeds for your insightful eulogy.

RIP Fred

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sadly just informing you that Fredleduex passed away last night. He went to hospital just over a week ago and unfortunately never left. It was all quite sudden. Only found out he had a terminal illness a couple of days ago.

He was a mad Geelong supporter all his life along with his 3 younger brothers (two of which have also died tragically in the past decade). Was a larger than life character who was, from what I heard, a very successful lawyer in his early years before he fell on hard times. He loved his cricket, was a big history buff and had very opinionated political views. He didn't care what others thought of him, didn't care about things like success, and would be more then happy to let you know when he thought you were speaking crap and not thinking critically.

He cared greatly about creating a better world. He cared greatly for his brothers and took sole care of his mum who suffered from dementia for a long time so she didn't have to go into a nursing home.

And despite lets say, being a bit loose with the truth at time, his knowledge of old Geelong games, players and supporters would be hard to surpass. There are great Geelong stories that have now been forever lost after last night. He bled the Geelong football club. He will be greatly missed.
Thanks Seeds for the sad news. I enjoyed the banter with Fred and he will be missed.

This sucks. One of the best people on here - funny, knowledgeable, sharp when he needed to be. Thanks for letting us know Seeds and I hope you can convey to his family how much we'll miss him.

Yes terribly sad news about Fred - and it must have been sudden because im pretty sure he posted last year that he allways got up 1st thing in the morning every morning to go for a jog/run to keep fit

In that interview with Willo he said he was 14 in 1964 , so that makes him 74 , thats still too young to go ,

So condolences to his family and friends

And he will be missed on this forum , to be perfectly honest i did have a few prickly conversations with him at times , but he was Blue and White from the stops up

Thanks for posting this Seeds. Although I’ve been on on this site for over 15 years I don’t post a hell of a lot, but I do very much enjoy quietly reading the contributions of everyone. And Fred was one of the posters I always noticed, he seemed like an intelligent, articulate guy and was never afraid to challenge something he disagreed with. So this is sad to hear.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back