Certified Legendary Thread Sad news regarding Fredleduex

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Sadly just informing you that Fredleduex passed away last night. He went to hospital just over a week ago and unfortunately never left. It was all quite sudden. Only found out he had a terminal illness a couple of days ago.

He was a mad Geelong supporter all his life along with his 3 younger brothers (two of which have also died tragically in the past decade). Was a larger than life character who was, from what I heard, a very successful lawyer in his early years before he fell on hard times. He loved his cricket, was a big history buff and had very opinionated political views. He didn't care what others thought of him, didn't care about things like success, and would be more then happy to let you know when he thought you were speaking crap and not thinking critically.

He cared greatly about creating a better world. He cared greatly for his brothers and took sole care of his mum who suffered from dementia for a long time so she didn't have to go into a nursing home.

And despite lets say, being a bit loose with the truth at time, his knowledge of old Geelong games, players and supporters would be hard to surpass. There are great Geelong stories that have now been forever lost after last night. He bled the Geelong football club. He will be greatly missed.

Last edited:
Gah, that’s very sad. I was very fond of Fred. Had great interactions with him here on BF over many years. I was wondering just yesterday where he was.

RIP you ripping old Catter. 💙🤍💙🤍

Well *

Fred wasn't afraid to say what he thought, nor did he post just for likes - but even if I didn't agree with what he was saying, I was still drawn into reading his posts. Even with differences of opinions, there was underlying respect

Going to miss his stories & contributions

RIP

😿

Absolutely awful news, one of my favourites around here and someone that comfortably sat in the top echelon on posters to not only interact with but also one that I always took notice of their views and read their posts.

He will leave a hole around here for sure

Rip :(

I really enjoyed Fred's posts both his historical knowledge of the club but his wit and seemed to be a guy with a well rounded perspective on life. Wish i had of met him in person. RIP to his family.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh that’s sad news. I enjoyed his posts.
Condolences to those who knew and loved him.
I’ll read Willo’s interview.
I actually just re-read it, and I'm incredibly biased obviously but it was absolutely fantastic (I remember at the time I really enjoyed doing it) and it's worth revisiting. He had such a good way of expressing his thoughts and I think it offers a really great insight to the man behind the poster.

I actually just re-read it, and I'm incredibly biased obviously but it was absolutely fantastic (I remember at the time I really enjoyed doing it) and it's worth revisiting. He had such a good way of expressing his thoughts and I think it offers a really great insight to the man behind the poster.
Wow thanks didnt realise he did that. Will show his brother.

And yes he really does rate Malarkey as good as Scarlett. Has mentioned it numerous times.

So sad to hear of Fred's passing.

A successful lawyer, raconteur, and smart as a whip.

He not only added value to our board but to others too. The Society, Religion, and Politics board was another where his views were plentiful. His posts were often pointed but generally hit the mark and were always worth reading.

Thanks for your nicely put post Seeds. I'm sure "Fred" would be chuffed with it, apart from the bit about him " being a bit loose with the truth" that is.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Farewell, Fred, I'll miss your contributions.

What a gut punch - :'(

Im very rocked by this. Fred was a great poster, a GFC aficionado and his knowledge of GFC history was wide and detailed.

He was a very worldly and knowledgeable character.

We enjoyed several PM's over the decade or so on here and he was always supportive of the Cats, the board and even me. He loved a good discussion, chat and his quick wit was ever refreshing.

This is truly tragic news and thanks Seeds for sharing this very sad news. '

Condolences to the family.

And if nothing else, take a moment to hug your family and friends - Fred would be certain to remind us that nothing is forever and to take the moments you have as they wont last forever.

Vale Fred..... I will miss you.

GO Catters

Vale Fred...sad news indeed. Over the years had multiple interactions...clearly as smart as a whip...

Condolences to his friends and family.

And thank you Seeds for advising us of his passing.

A little prayer for him and his family wouldn't go astray.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back