Multiplat Saints Row - 2022 reboot

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know.

Loved 3, hated 4 onwards. It was just too stupid. What's the point of a city if you can climb buildings and fly or whatever.

This looks, I don't know, too muted? I don't like how it seems our character is pre-formed with a voice, look etc. The customisation in 3 was pretty wild.

And where are the gimps and giant dildos?

Saints Row 1 was a really solid game, and released at the start of the 360 gen, so it filled the next gen GTA void. SR2 was even better and an awesome game in every way. The series should go back to this style game.

SR3 is probably the most popular game in the series, but I reckon that's when it went off the rails, as they realised they could get more impressions with dick jokes. Everything after that that is just trash.

I am happy I didn’t pre-order it yet. Must say that at least the game didn’t get announced 7 years in advance like some games lol.
Lol yes.
This generation does seem to have a lot of push back dates. It is getting to the point where you don't believe the first date they tell you and sometimes the second.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The boss factory (character creator) is up, I'm assuming on every platform. I found it on the Epic store by going into the game's store page then scrolling down to where it lists the game versions.

It's pretty funny the extent of the customisation options. My only beef with the non-gender thing (pls don't hurt me) is that the base character is very feminine and I'm not very good at making it masculine with the customisation options. There are presets you can use as a starting point in this case but they're waaaayyy away from what I trying to make my boss look like but it's a start. You can make pretty big junk too.

So far I've made a really discount Lemmy Kilmister and a sweaty, hairy fat dude with no shirt and arseless chaps. As long as it's kept relatively PG rated it would be pretty funny to see what some others come up with here.

My own screenshots didn't come out too well because I was running the program without HDR on but have Windows 11 auto HDR on and it stuffed up the shots. I'll have to run it on my other monitor next time.

I have played the opening few missions. I am having a good time and it’s what you’d expect from a SR game. Not much of a story at this early stage and the missions have been pretty short. The game contains 36 missions and is about 10-12 hours. So pretty standard SR.

I have read about the bugs, I haven’t personally experienced any yet.

Played a few hours tonight and it’s not bad, but I went in with very low expectations given the reviews.

The shooting isn’t great but they are setting up what is an interesting story so far.

I feel like the characters look more over the top than they actually are. The dialog isn’t as cringe or “millennial” as I thought it would be going in.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Played a few hours tonight and it’s not bad, but I went in with very low expectations given the reviews.

The shooting isn’t great but they are setting up what is an interesting story so far.

I feel like the characters look more over the top than they actually are. The dialog isn’t as cringe or “millennial” as I thought it would be going in.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You know "milennials" are like 40 now right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back