Sam_Malone / Alex_Is_On_Fire / crows98 / Smithtastic33 is OK

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How dare you tell me or anyone else to get over it and move on.
Ok
Then DON'T get over it and move on
Let it fester in the dark recesses of your brain -make it the first and last thing you think about every day

Whatever floats your boat

Just letting you know I think inciting others to do likewise is pathetic

I don't ignore it, I handle it differently. Generally with empathy.

Where have I EVER said I care about modern feminism? o_O I have always declared I am a humanist and fight equally for mens rights as I do womens.

He faked his death, why would a fake wife and fertility issue be any more or less horrid? I was emotionally shattered when I thought this dude - who I often don't see eye to eye with in here - had died. Not for any other reason than I felt I knew him. Ironic really. It might surprise you, but I'd also have the same emotions if it were you. Really pissed off to find out he'd faked it... but also recognised the lad has issues. That's the problem with being a WYSIWYG kinda gal. I wear my :heart: on my sleeves. I say what I think (and often, without thinking!), I trust most people and take them at face value. Sure I get burned a few times, but mostly it's far more rewarding than being a cynical old bitch that can only point out the negatives and never recognise the positives.

Enough with the virtue signalling

That boat sailed long ago

This is what happens when social media becomes an obsession that aggravates or even causes mental health issues. These are the lessons I'll be taking away from all this rigmarole:
- Disagree, have lively debates and give fair criticism to people's posts. But play the ball, not the man or woman.
- If you absolutely cannot resist stirring s**t and trolling, you've probably got a problem. Have a personality and be controversial if you like, but don't be a dick. It always backfires.
- Consider the people behind the avatars. We're real people with real feelings, and making personal attacks or hoaxes to do with death are not cool.
- Ultimately, we're here to talk s**t about footy and have a good time. Let's have a good time - even when the Crows aren't doing so well, we can have a laugh.

I don't ignore it, I handle it differently. Generally with empathy.
:p sorry to laugh but from personal experience that's a crock of S...t

Humans basically will offer empathy on visible injuries .....but have zero understanding of mental health, or for that fact zero care, because they can't spot it or recognize there is an issue

Happy to explain further on PM

Unless anyone personally knows Alex then there is no real knowing what the issues really are. It could be a mental issue, but it sounds to me personally as a pitch for attention. The fact he came on pretending he was his wife at a time where the truth was unravelling speaks volumes. He loved this thread because it was/is about him.
jenny61_99 exhibit "A" .....this is how most people explain away mental health issues

- Ultimately, we're here to talk s**t about footy and have a good time. Let's have a good time - even when the Crows aren't doing so well, we can have a laugh.
:thumbsu: Think this gets forgotten about .....becomes all too serious and emotional

Wouldn't be the first time someone faked their death online :p

Sounded like an impulsive move that wasn't thought about in great detail. Rather than a long-term, planned out ruse like those people who fake having cancer and then eventually 'die' - where they end up using different accounts to play out different characters like the Mum, Brother Dad etc.

I haven't posted any reflection on this yet, but thought I would share my thoughts.

Fundamentally, this entire saga has made me very sad. Obviously not in a grief sort of thing, but in the 'it's only a discussion board, is it worth this' sort of way. One of two things is correct, either someone is very ill and has been made worse by their interactions on bigfooty, or there was another more sinister reason for this. I don't really want to get into my opinions on what's what. I don't see that as pertinent. What I can't get past is the level of importance to which this place has elevated in some peoples experiences, such that either option would be seen as a reasonable, or necessary, course of action. It's a bloody discussion form.

I think either way, from a personal perspective, I'm going to have a serious re-think about my participation on this board, and probably on bigfooty more broadly. I'm not sure that either is something I want to be a part of, or exposed to, in a broader way going forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't be the first time someone faked their death online :p

Sounded like an impulsive move that wasn't thought about in great detail. Rather than a long-term, planned out ruse like those people who fake having cancer and then eventually 'die' - where they end up using different accounts to play out different characters like the Mum, Brother Dad etc.

Watched rocknrolla yesterday sic movie

Johnny faked his death but stole the Russians painting whilst his old man Lennie had it and it created hell!

Is that what happened here, not sure if it was a true storey though!

Sure. Problem is you think it's worth hearing about though.

What does that even mean ?

If you mean the incident itself , that's not the subject of my commentary.
Far as I'm concerned it's over.

It's your stupid call to arms for other posters to join in your indignation that I'm commenting on.

Ok, given this thread is still here, I would like to discuss something of importance.

Since when the farq has Waleed Aly's opinion on anything been relevant. Every day I look at news.com.au to see what's happening in the world, and every day there is a freaking article along the lines of "Waleed Aly blasts...."

I don't even know who Waleed Aly is, let alone how his opinion on anything is relevant!

jenny61_99 exhibit "A" .....this is how most people explain away mental health issues
Whoah
1 - I do not appreciate you using my post as an example to someone else. Especially when your argument is doing nothing more than trying to prove yourself correct. If you want to debate my thoughts do it to me. What you have done is rude an inconsiderate to me as a poster.
2 - if attention seeking was a mental health issue then every bloody kid would have a mental disability. My wife has a mental disability, my wife's sister has schizophrenia. I may not know everything but I know it is real. I do not put attention seeking into the same category.

I want to escape the negatives of online interactions though I give as good as I get and at times, incite hostility.

Thus, I contrive an elaborate and extreme hoax, involving another person and I impersonate my wife.

Instead of preserving my anonymity (as I purport the hoax's purpose to be), it scrutinises real facts about my actual identity.

I then express concern about how a death hoax actually didn't preserve my anonymity.

Give me a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back