Competitions SBFFL Match Day Thread 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 16 Results
CanonEyes (2034)
- East Coast Wolves (1682)
Flaming Phoenix (2001) - Jonzi FC (2077)
Skid Row Targets - Knight 2 a GunFyfe (2101)
Bogan Juniors (1966) - simonoz (1843)
Pet's Team (2165) - Puzzles FC (2180)
majortinkle
2078 for me. Thought I was on for a win with ult footy having me ahead. C’est la vie.....

Up to date ladder with 4 rounds of the home and away season to go! The race for the top 6 is still on with 3 teams tied (Skid Row Targets, Knight 2 a GunFyfe and East coast Wolves) from 5th to 7th on 7-7, with 1.6% separating all 3 of them. The coveted top 2 positions and a week off to begin finals are still up for grabs, however Jonzi FC (12-2) has basically locked up one of these spots. Last year’s grand finalists (Flaming Phoenix (9-5) and Pet’s Team/Young Guns (8-6)) are in 3rd and 4th and look well poised to make another play for their second premiership each. Puzzles FC (10-4) is in second after being the minor premier of 2017, and will be wanting to go deeper into finals this year. Bogan Juniors(5-9) is still in with a shot to make finals, and as the Flaming Phoenix in 2016 and the Western Bulldogs of 2016 proved, all you need to do is make finals and anything can happen. Cursing Fijian(4-10) is mathematically still in the race, but this year has been more of a development year, and they’ve got plenty of games into the kids and will likely take a few more scalps to round out the season. Simonoz started the season slowly, but the tides have started to turn with some more competitive performances of late. Best of luck to all teams in the run home!
9F439D7C-B4FF-427B-A571-2BD60A61E515.jpeg

Last edited:
My injury list: N. Fyfe, T. Jonas, R. Douglas, P. McCartin, L. Dunn, M. Suckling, D. Zaharakis, J. Darling, C. Mills, B. Houli, M. Taberner, D. Menzel, M. Broadbent, H. Bennell

Plenty would be best 22 if fit and in form. Need to get some back soon if I’m to be a threat, but so many are out for ages...

My injury list: N. Fyfe, T. Jonas, R. Douglas, P. McCartin, L. Dunn, M. Suckling, D. Zaharakis, J. Darling, C. Mills, B. Houli, M. Taberner, D. Menzel, M. Broadbent, H. Bennell

Plenty would be best 22 if fit and in form. Need to get some back soon if I’m to be a threat, but so many are out for ages...
That’s a decent injury list...some quality players...haven’t started this week off great stringer and Bont gone! I’ve been pretty lucky injury wise so far though!

Round 17 Jonzi FC
B: P. Seedsman (61) D. Rampe (115) R. Bonner (51)

HB: J. Crisp (106) R. Tarrant (42) S. Thompson (71)

C: I. Heeney (113) L. Whitfield (106) R. Sloane VC (127)

HF: S. Edwards (68) T. Hawkins (112) K. Langford (121)

F: J. Martin (97) B. Brown (120) L. Taylor (62)

R: C. Sinclair (86) T. Mitchell C (318) J. Polec (95)

I: E. Curnow (86) J. O’Meara (124) S. Powell-Pepper (102) L. Shiels (136)

Total: 2319

EMG: Kelly, Papley, Darcy, Schache, Neal-Bullen

Out: Hannebery, Stringer, Bont
In: Heeney, Taylor, Polec

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im already stuck with a donut because I did not get home from work in time to swap stanley to ruck to replace boyd....I hate Thursday night football

Knight 2 a GunFyfe Round 17

Captain: Clayton Oliver
Vice Captain: Gary Ablett

B: S.May (77), M.Adams (81), L. Hodge (Hardwick - 87)

HB: N.Vlastuin (88), J.Mcgovern (132), S. Savage (97)

C: G. Ablett (113), J. Selwood (71), M. Duncan (86)

HF: J. De Goey (73), J. Gunston (79), O. Fantasia (Impey - 53)

F: M. Walters (64), J. Kennedy (90), J. Sicily (94)

R: T. Goldstein (123), L. Parker (105), C. Oliver (272)

I: W. Hoskin-Elliott (39), M. Kreuzer (20), T.Phillips (88), J. Ziebell (124)

Emergencies:
B: B. Hardwick (87)
C: W. Brodie (60)
R: D. Simpson (122)
F: J. Impey (53)
I: C. Mckenna (75)

Total Score: 2056

Last edited:
I’m happy to manually swap Stanley from Fwd to Ruck (already locked in F) and Himmelberg from Emg to Fwd, and Boyd from Ruck to pine if your opponent agrees? CursingFijian
I know Ultimate Footy doesn't lend itself too well to it, but I think the principle should be that the most obvious way of emergencies leading to 22 starters should apply as a matter of course.

Rucks are good examples - I have my reserve ruck on the interchange. If my starting ruck is a late out and my emergency (3rd tier) ruck doesn't play then the guy on the interchange should be allowed to be classed as ruck and the Interchange emergency is included in scoring.

I don't see how this could be abused and is completely fair in my view.

I know Ultimate Footy doesn't lend itself too well to it, but I think the principle should be that the most obvious way of emergencies leading to 22 starters should apply as a matter of course.

Rucks are good examples - I have my reserve ruck on the interchange. If my starting ruck is a late out and my emergency (3rd tier) ruck doesn't play then the guy on the interchange should be allowed to be classed as ruck and the Interchange emergency is included in scoring.

I don't see how this could be abused and is completely fair in my view.
Absolutely should be allowed, but Bogan Juniors is slightly different in the fact that Boyd isn’t a late out. Either way, very happy for Bogan Juniors to play Stanley as R, and bring Himmelberg in as a KF.

Im already stuck with a donut because I did not get home from work in time to swap stanley to ruck to replace boyd....I hate Thursday night football

I’m happy to manually swap Stanley from Fwd to Ruck (already locked in F) and Himmelberg from Emg to Fwd, and Boyd from Ruck to pine if your opponent agrees? CursingFijian

No problems guys. Do that.

While I'm here I am jetting out on holiday for the next month. If I am a little slow getting teams in and responding to messages I apologize in advance. I will try to stay on top of teams though.

No problems guys. Do that.

While I'm here I am jetting out on holiday for the next month. If I am a little slow getting teams in and responding to messages I apologize in advance. I will try to stay on top of teams though.
Bogan Juniors Stanley locked into the ruck position as desired

Flaming Phoenix Round 17
FB: N. Haynes (83) - D. Howard (58) - N. Wilson (77)
HB: J. MacMillan (93) - D. Astbury (85) - M. Hibberd (56)
C: J. Lyons (99) - J.P. Kennedy (27) - S. Coniglio (90)
HF: R. Gray (37) - C. Hooker (84) - J. Westhoff (88)
FF: S. McKernan (72) J. Darling (68) - D. Menzel (27)
R: B. Grundy (99) - N. Jones (61) - D. Zorko (99)
I: I. Smith (72) - S. Selwood (54) - D. Armitage (108) - R. Henderson (64)

Emg: J. Frawley (65), T. Dumont (43), J. Roughead (64), A. Christensen (52), M. Kennedy (64)

Captain: B. Grundy (99)

Total Score: 1700

Others: B. Houli (86), J. Stephenson (40), B. Matera (56), L. Ryan, D. Kent, J. Brander

Inj: T. Jonas, R. Douglas, N. Fyfe, P. McCartin, M. Suckling, D. Zaharakis, T. Jonas, C. Mills, M. Taberner, M. Broadbent, H. Bennell

Last edited:
UF Line-up Week 17

FB: Tom Langdon (62) Phil Davis (89) Zach Touhy (81)

HB: Heath Shaw (113) Aidan Corr (24) Jeremy Howe (118)

C: Jordan Lewis (95) Dylan Shiel (103) Scott Pendlebury(VC) (74)

R: Rhys Stanley (104) Andrew Gaff (C (202) Shaun Higgins (109)

HF: Travis Boak (83) Harrison Himmelberg (61)Toby Greene (80)

FF: Paul Ahern (84) Josh Jenkins (80) Matt Guelfi(95)

I/C Chris Masten (84) Jarrod Harbrow (80) Andrew McGrath (99) Bradley Hill (89)

EMG: (B) Brad Lynch (M) Cameron Rayner(R) Tom Boyd (F) Harry Cunningham (U) Tim English

TOTAL 2009 (22 of 22)

Last edited:
Points for Cannon Eyes Rd 17

FB: Brad Shepherd (53) Jake Carlisle(24) Tom Clurey (48)

HB: Angus Brayshaw (116) Tommy Sheridan(67) Daniel McKenzie 61()

C: Callan Ward (117) Jack Steele (144) Josh Kelly(C) (164)

R: Jarrod Witts (64) Jack Sinclair(107) Hugh Mccluggage (113)

HF: Josh Dunkley (88) Oliver Florent(76)Rowan Marshall (88)

FF: Luke Breust(46) Majak Daw (107) Peter Wright EMG(45)

I/C Tim Taranto (112) Jarrod Berry (83) Tim Kelly(107) David Mundy(130)

1957 (22 of 22)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back