Gym & Misc SBS Insight - Chat show on bodybuilding

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Weight Training: Anything and Everything II

lol at the guy that went to his 'naturopath'..

Wikipedia said:
Naturopathy, or Naturopathic Medicine, is a form of alternative medicine based on a belief in vitalism, which posits that a special energy called vital energy or vital force guides bodily processes such as metabolism, reproduction, growth, and adaptation. Naturopathic medicine is defined by principles rather than by methods or modalities. Above all, it honors the body’s innate wisdom to heal.

Almost as bad as homeopathy.

Yeah, some baby boomers (see, I can generalise too) really have no idea when it comes to lifestyle.

Apparently exercising, sleeping plenty, eating well and abstaining from alcohol is naughty; eating takeout, getting shitters, not sleeping enough and abstaining from exercise is the more righteous way.

Nail hammer head. Basically the main argument was how people had let weightlifting take over their lives, but surely professional sport, career, eduction is the same thing? and that's held highly. Hypocrites.

I dont think the 14 year old needs to be worried about taking to many supplements. Just eat right which it sounded like he does, and be active. Maybe when hes 16-17 than he can start slowly into getting some supps into his body but even than i think its early. I mean i probably started taking creatine a little too early but i was very lightweight and it benefited me heaps to add weight to keep up at the high end levels of sport. I only took it for a few weeks or month or two.

Nail hammer head. Basically the main argument was how people had let weightlifting take over their lives, but surely professional sport, career, eduction is the same thing? and that's held highly. Hypocrites.

Absolutely. Spot on

I was thinking the exact same thing when the psychologist was pontificating.

Recently I finished a degree in philosophy that had a decent size psychology component and came to the conclusion that academic psychologist/ psychariatrists are the biggest frauds in society.

They try to bamboozle laymen with these big impressive sounding 'disorders' but if you look through the DSM-IV, the psychologists classification manual, there are so many different ones listed just about everyone meets the criteria for a few of them.

The psychology 'expert' they had on the program suggested the people on stage were suffering from muscle dysmorphia. It sounds really bad when you give is a complex name that most people don't recognise. But all it means is that you take health and hypertrophy seriously. The Spartans did the same thing, as the Greek dude in the crowd pointed out, and they have been universally admired for it for the last 3000 years.

It is hilarious when you think about it. Does that mean if you take say studying engineering or medicine at university really seriously, or you want to be the best lawyer you can be, or the best footballer, to the detriment of your social life then you are 'dysfunctional'? Clearly not, society instead regards you with respect.

I didn't watch much of it. From what i watched I felt sorry for the little Asian kid. Instead of trying to tear his discipline down as an unhealthy obsession they should be appluading him for going to that much effort to try and make his body the best it can be.

Also I'm sure the discipline of waking up that early in the morning and maintaining a strict diet would defintely carry over to other areas of his life- e.g having the discipline to do schoolwork or helping him to have the confidence to avoid peer pressure of drugs and alcohol etc.

Kids eating healthy and then one gets blasted for taking some pre-workout here and there... Righto!

Eating Tuna on holidays instead of meat pies and pizza is a bad thing?

Some supplements obviously have detrimental effects to the user, but this sort of rubbish is pathetic.

EDIT - Really keen on heading to the gym now..lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha what i posted sounds dumb, but whilst on clen i could swim underater twice as far as when i didnt take it.

They use to give this to asthmatics to help with breathing, opens the airways.

Clenbuterol is not given to any humans, unless illegally. It's not been approved for trial on humans, let alone actual use for anything.

It's for horses.

Clenbuterol is not given to any humans, unless illegally. It's not been approved for trial on humans, let alone actual use for anything.

It's for horses.

I think this was quite some time ago. I did read it on the net and have also heard it from other people so could be wrong.

wiki says it is an Asthma drug for humans. (Also given to horses).

Tour dude, Alberto Contador got busted for it.

this. Not saying you should believe Wiki although it is stated in many different websites.

Its a drug that can open the airways and thus has been known to help asthmatics.

wiki says it is an Asthma drug for humans. (Also given to horses).

Tour dude, Alberto Contador got busted for it.

Clenbuterol is only prescribed for veterinary use as a bronchodilator in animals such as elephants and horses. It is illegal to prescribe Clenbuterol for human use. Except for maybe some third world countries.

Turns out heart cell necrosis is not desirable. hmmm.

Salbutamol is what is used for asthmatics, similar to clen but no nearly potent. Also it's likely the reason Contador was done for it was that there were traces of the drug in one on the blood bags he would have used during the tour rest day from a clen cycle during his training long before the event.

Clenbuterol is only prescribed for veterinary use as a bronchodilator in animals such as elephants and horses. It is illegal to prescribe Clenbuterol for human use. Except for maybe some third world countries.

Turns out heart cell necrosis is not desirable. hmmm.

This.

Albuterol is in some asthma puffers (in tiny, tiny amounts, don't even compare it to a dose of Clen), which is what Pez was alluding to a page or two back.

Clen is for horses.

http://thorax.highwire.org/content/32/6/717.full.pdf - Read this article. Im not saying doctors are by any means handing this out now to asthmatics, just that it opens the airways causing bronchidilation which is what asthmatics struggle with. It can improve the condition for asthmatics.

Type in clenbuterol athsma (or even + treatments)

Salba, Albu, Clen are all neighbors to eachother in the drug world.

http://thorax.highwire.org/content/32/6/717.full.pdf - Read this article. Im not saying doctors are by any means handing this out now to asthmatics, just that it opens the airways causing bronchidilation which is what asthmatics struggle with. It can improve the condition for asthmatics.

Type in clenbuterol athsma (or even + treatments)

Salba, Albu, Clen are all neighbors to eachother in the drug world.

Why are we still talking about Clen? Yes it is a vasodilator, no it is not prescribed in the developed world because of safety and legality issues, and it being a vasodilator does not justify using it to burn more fat.

If you want to use clen, use it, just be aware of the risks (zyzz doesn't look so aesthetic now does he?) and accept that you are not a natty anymore and there is no justification in using it to burn more fat.

On topic, that 18 year old guy is actually showing how being a complete brotard can be detrimental to your life (IMO anyways) but still it is his choice if he wants to eat 6-8 meals of chicken & broccoli, not eat bread etc. and workout hours at a time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back