SC Trading Thread (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay just said eff it and went j.webberley from richmond to silvagni.....i had to. like people have been saying, if you make trades in the first 2 weeks its okay, after that you gotta really need it.....
My trades this week and overall, no trades rd1, were Tippet to Brown and Webberley to Silvagni. I still have 358k left over and im happy with the side now............although hope i dont regret not jumping on malsexy boy....

If you expect Goodwin to score 100+ for the rest of the year, do not trade him. Consistent 100+ point scorers are what you're looking for. If this means you can't bring Mal into your side, so be it.

Yeah I think I'll hold off. Trades should come into play later on in the season and you'd expect a few injuries/suspensions as well so you can't waste any. Well Goody hasn't really played that well and the team has lost on both occasions and he's still score 90's in both games so I'd expect 100+ average once we start winning and he hits some form. Only worry for me is that he's getting old and might break down with injury a bit. He's a SC gun though, wins a stack of the ball of Half back.

I have Barlow, Martin, Trengove & Shuey I am going to downgrade a mid pricer to a rookie can get Sandi into my side, Out of those left who should I get, Bastinac, Moles or someone else?

What do people think of mark seaby.....could be a good trade if you have tippet in the ruck.......

Ive got an hour to choose 1 of 4 options

1. Masten >>> Connors + Tippett >>> Sandi
2. Only Masten >>> Connors
3. Tippett >>> Seaby + Masten >>> Cooney
4. No Trade

Please make my decision easier

4. No Trade

I'm considering a similar option to your first one just replace connors with bastinac/ moles

After serious contemplation I'm almost agreed to doing:

1. Clarke > Sandilands (News of Ottens out is only a further green light)
2. Gray > ROK (Having a premium sitting on the bench has cost me, ROK going huge against Richmond, solidifies his slot)

Current spuds such as Hall and Tippet, live another week.

4. No Trade

Unless you are absolutely certain that Tippet and Masten wont come good then i would go for number 4 because you do not want to burn your trades.

I have bastinac already...and moles will not be a permanent starter like connors(barring injury of course).

So do i use the extra money now or later??

any advice guys thinking a double trade
either
ball>j brown
tippet> seaby
OR
tippet > kruez
ball>boak or somone similar 460k mark.

if i did the seaby id off load him eventually
if i did the boak id prob look to offload to a premium eventually. any advice would be much appreciated
for those thinking of offloading clark i'd do it. and tippet - i think he needs to go

Re: SC Trading Thread - 2010

Seriously considering:

OUT: Tippett, Hall
IN: Brown, Peterson

That would mean starting one of Peterson, Gumbleton or Hitchcock on the field instead of Hall, but it frees up a lot of cash and gives me a kid with a break even of -98 to upgrade in future weeks.

I'm seriously considering something like this too.

Its Tippett's possible injury, plus Ottens being out, thats got me in a bother.

If I knew Tippett was fit then I'd have a fair bit of confidence he'll come good, and I'd trade Harvey & Hall for Brown & Peterson, and swap Tippett into the ruck this week to cover for Otto. I reckon Boomer is only going backwards because he is the only experienced player in North's midfield and has just shown he's susceptible to niggle and a hard tag - meaning every club will go for him now.

But if I trade Tippett, I have to use Warnock as cover for Ottens :)eek:).

Arrrrggg!!!!!

Did my sums wrong.

Traded Tippett for Goldstein & Hall for J Brown and saw that I had over $40k left over! That meant I could have bought Seaby (I had to do the ruck trade first). According to my spreadsheet I was $9.8k under Seaby's price. $hit! How did I stuff that up? :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Arrrrggg!!!!!

Did my sums wrong.

Traded Tippett for Goldstein & Hall for J Brown and saw that I had over $40k left over! That meant I could have bought Seaby (I had to do the ruck trade first). According to my spreadsheet I was $9.8k under Seaby's price. $hit! How did I stuff that up? :mad:

Ouch. Should probably go in the worst trades thread lol. Honestly though trading in Goldstein for the sake of getting Brown is a bit rash!

Tippet is seriously doing my head in!

Do I trade him in for ROK, and continue to be patient with Gray or vice versa?

Guys JB wont be puting up 170 everyweek....2 trades just to get him in aint worth it..hold onto your trades..tippett will deliver and so will everyone else..still 20 weeks to go

Tippet is seriously doing my head in!

Do I trade him in for ROK, and continue to be patient with Gray or vice versa?

I still have Tippet and couldn't get rid of him this week due to other trades I had to do. I would get rid of him but he is likely to kick a few goals this week against the dees.

Arrrrggg!!!!!

Did my sums wrong.

Wow, that sucks man. FWIW, I'm not convinced on Seaby's ability to sustain those sort of scores.

I'm very, very proud of myself so far. Have managed to avoid any trades, and am hoping to keep it that way. Would love to go into Rd 4 with 20 trades at my disposal.

I'm wavering a little though re. Malsexi. Got adequate cover this week & next for Hurn in Maguire or Raines, but am tossing up whether to trade Hurn (would fund a Hall/Tippett > Brown upgrade) or Raines for him. current backs are: Goddard, Hodge, Enright, Hurn, Waite, Waters, Silvagni (Raines & Maguire).

Fugg it, I'm backing both Clark and Tippett in.

They're both quality players. Both had good NAB Cup form. I picked both as keepers, and trading them in on the basis of two games is just panic-selling.

They're both quality players. Both had good NAB Cup form. I picked both as keepers, and trading them in on the basis of two games is just panic-selling.

Me too mate am prepared to give them more time and hopefully save a few trades if they come good. Counted on them being keepers when I chose my team.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

people who jump the boat after two weeks and getting players in are gonna regret it later on...who knows JB might get 70 this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back