Scarlett on Maxwell

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of Geelong people? Really?

I guess i speak on behalf of all non geelong people when i say "scarlo" is a dumb petty vindictive bogan. Oh and he was over rated as well.

Yes, you do.

I like that he is thought of as over rated, because he's got the medals and awards to sort of say....not really.

Yet it was you who left it out when trying to bag someone on their poor spelling and grammar (which you made up). Maybe you're the one to explain to Scarlett what a hypocrite is...make sure you sit down first, could be there a while.

I bagged someone out for their intelligence and lack of football ability. These two things are unquestioned when it comes to Maxwell, even by most Collingwood fans.

When you write a book you have to spell things correctly, when you post on the internet you dont. Learn the difference...

These sort of grudges/interactions would be a dime a dozen...I love reading about them, adds to the history and culture of our game. Imagine the stories the Scott brothers could tell, or Vossys spray at Burns. Every great player has had their fair share of sprays for and against...Love it!

Can't help but respect the bloke, even if you may not agree with how he goes about things. Champion player and a very good judge when it comes to football. Any so called personality flaws don't bother me, he was a football player - not an Australian of the year candidate. He gave his opinion and didn't give a shit if you didn't like it.

You missed two apostrophes in that one. :thumbsu:

I just cant see why you wont leave it alone. Its clear I cant be ****ed using your shitty apostrophes and youre just being a dick about it. Continue to use the internet like its an english essay. Im sure your grandma wouldve been very proud.

Just FYI: Forgot 7 that time!

I don't see what the big fuss is really. He's written an autobiography of course he's going to put some interesting stuff in there.

His go at Harvey was that he wouldn't shake his hand. If he ever refused to shake Maxwells hand then yeah, hypocrite. His go at Maxwell is that he's an average or worse footballer who struts around like he's Wayne Carey and picks on the smallest opposition player and always has a lot to say when his team is up.

I see him as a call it how I see it guy. He wasn't backward in praising opposition players and he will on the flip side say what he doesn't like either. If you don't like him tune out or don't buy the book

But why begrudge the right for the guy to write a book and tell some interesting stories?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bagged someone out for their intelligence and lack of football ability. These two things are unquestioned when it comes to Maxwell, even by most Collingwood fans.

When you write a book you have to spell things correctly, when you post on the internet you dont. Learn the difference...

Sorry mate, didn't mean to stress you out so much. You tried to take a cheap shot at Maxwell when everyone else is talking about Scarlett, and I took one in return. At least mine made sense.

Lot of tears and mad in this thread.

Yeh, it's surprising. I would have thought he'd focus more on thanking his teammates for helping him out after he was mentally destroyed by Maxwell's sledge. :rolleyes:

Maxy is certainly not a great player, but given his lack of natural football ability, and the perseverance it must have taken to even get onto an AFL list, the fact that he ended up the captain of the biggest sporting club in the country that won a flag during his captaincy is a testament to his character.

I doubt that Scarlett would have achieved as much if he was "blessed" with the same footballing ability.

Most people that meet Maxy say that he's a ripping bloke, and it's mostly people that don't know him that call him a flog. The complete opposite of Scarlett really... most people that know Scarlett well say that he's a flog.

Yeh, it's surprising. I would have thought he'd focus more on thanking his teammates for helping him out after he was mentally destroyed by Maxwell's sledge. :rolleyes:

In Maxwells book he can thank his teammates for making him look like an AFL quality player.

Interesting to see Scarlett come out bagging maxwell publicly. Even if that's what he and the cats think, pretty poor form coming out nagging someone publicly . Even more so when you consider how funny it was watching Scarlett sh!t himself in the spotlight of the 2010 prelim when faced with the pressure of the collingwood press

Nah. Maxy obviously happy enough to mouth off when things are running his way he's got to take it when it comes back the other way.
Loved reading that, probably worth reading Scarlett's book to get some more insights like that, everyone seems too soft to say anything like that in these crazy PC times.

Funny reading all these collingwood supporters having a sook, news flash!! every single AFL player will have some sort of negative opinion about another player from the same or different club.

Is an autobigraphy, Scarlett probably got asked about certain players or incidents. Whats the point of doing a biography if he cant speak his mind about these things. The article is quoting the book, he didnt have a press conference to tell everyone how much he dislike Maxwell.
LOL @ your username

Says more about Scarlett than Maxwell.

Scarlett's behaviour is typical of a bloke who's happy to dish it out but gets the shits when the shoe's on the other foot.

As many people including his own teammates have said about Scarlett, "great footballer, shit bloke"

Should be easy to provide a few links to this then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back