Scotch or Bourbon?

Remove this Banner Ad

The new mckenna's bourbon isnt bad.

cheaper than turkey but dearer than beam.

very smooth.

oh and in response to the question........

i hate scotch. its way too sweet.
Scotch too sweet but you happily drink Bourbon?

There is no emoticon for how I feel right now. Deary me...

Candian Club, Though I've only had the premix with Cola. What is the "Dry" stuff like? I also like Highlander.

Im mostly a beer guy, but CC is my fave drink.
Highlander is cheap, nasty stuff. CC is neither Scotch nor Bourbon.

Expand your repertoire my friend :thumbsu:

Teachers Highland Cream :thumbsu:

Dont overlook Jamieson though :)
When did Teacher's cease being a Scotch and became an Irish Whiskey? Teacher's is the pick of the $30 blended whiskies IMO. Kicks the hopelessly overrated Johnnie Walker.

Duncan and Burns isn't bad either. A 12 year old whisky for under $30? :thumbsu:

Just nerding on a bit more-

Jack Daniels is called American Whiskey and not Bourbon because it is made in Tennessee, not Kentucky (Bourbon is a trademarked term for Kentucky Whiskey). The taste difference is the charcoal filter JD employs.

I am 99% sure Irish Whiskey is triple distilled, as opposed to distilled just the once in Scotches. Gives Irish a sweeter, smoother flavour.

The Term single refers to the fact it is from one distillery, as opposed to blends which are from several. From memory, up to 30 distilleries contribute to Jonnie Walker Red Label.

Just nerding on a bit more-

Jack Daniels is called American Whiskey and not Bourbon because it is made in Tennessee, not Kentucky (Bourbon is a trademarked term for Kentucky Whiskey). The taste difference is the charcoal filter JD employs.

I am 99% sure Irish Whiskey is triple distilled, as opposed to distilled just the once in Scotches. Gives Irish a sweeter, smoother flavour.

The Term single refers to the fact it is from one distillery, as opposed to blends which are from several. From memory, up to 30 distilleries contribute to Jonnie Walker Red Label.
Nerd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I usually drink Jim Beam because i am a student and dont have much money but have to agree Bulleit is good s**t:thumbsu:

Alot of my mates drink Woodstocks cos its cheap but it tastes like s**t.

Candian Club, Though I've only had the premix with Cola. What is the "Dry" stuff like? I also like Highlander.

Im mostly a beer guy, but CC is my fave drink.

Canadian Club is great. CC & Dry premix is not great, however mix them yourself and it is very nice. CC is a very versatile whisky, can be mixed with many things and even made into cocktails. Buy a bottle and give it a shot.

I used to be a bourbon man, however I am a scotch man these days. I still drink both though...

My favourites...

Bourbon: Makers Mark, Woodford Reserve, Jim Beam.
Scotch: Chivias Regal, The Macallan and Highland Park (I don't buy either of the last two, but I work for the company that sells them!)
Whisky: Canadian Club, Jamieson.

i'm a blend girl
famous grouse or jamieson's my faves
if i want sweet then i mix the grouse with a bit of drambuie to get a nice rusty nail or jamieson in with some baileys

Scotch too sweet but you happily drink Bourbon?

There is no emoticon for how I feel right now. Deary me...

i dunno. its just if i compare Johnnie Walker to Beam...... With Coke Obviously........ I find the JW too sweet.

Even Woodstock bourbon tastes alot sweeter than beam.............

This coming from a mostly beer & kahlua/milk(later) drinker though.

JD would be the "bitumen of choice"

Not sure how it works.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back