2nds Scratch Matches Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Any news on Caldwell in the scratch match?

Jye Caldwell

“He was outstanding. He played eight AFL games in a row and then had a week off and was unlucky not to get picked but he came back and showed he’s AFL midfielder with his cleanliness and his use out of the midfield and drive. It was really pleasing.”

Sounds like we played a 2nds practice match against Brisbane this morning.
Assume we would have left a few out as emergencies but still will be interesting to hear how some went. Although sadly I assume we will hear very little.
Particularly backs in case Jakey disappears for birth or the dreaded injury curse hits.

Sounds like we played a 2nds practice match against Brisbane this morning.
Assume we would have left a few out as emergencies but still will be interesting to hear how some went. Although sadly I assume we will hear very little.
Particularly backs in case Jakey disappears for birth or the dreaded injury curse hits.

Keep hearing positive things about Jack Bell

Hopefully we’ve found our next ruck-fwd with Roma

Needs to start eating heaps, he's like a twig at the moment.

I am going very early here but he has an excellent vertical leap and I reckon he is going to be a star— but he is a few years away.

I must say I haven't seen him at all but from all the reports he's going really well so far and exceeding expectations. Leo Connolly isn't getting much publicity but he's apparently doing well too. Byrnes, Bytel, Bell and Connolly are all guys that look worth persisting with and have high ceilings. It's amazing how much better our drafting has got recently.

I must say I haven't seen him at all but from all the reports he's going really well so far and exceeding expectations. Leo Connolly isn't getting much publicity but he's apparently doing well too. Byrnes, Bytel, Bell and Connolly are all guys that look worth persisting with and have high ceilings. It's amazing how much better our drafting has got recently.
He certainly looked very smooth and skilled in his draft video.
Speaks very well in interviews too and seems like a smart but reserved alpha type.
I'ts a shame we missed on Draper, but Bell looks good to me too, and he's mates with the King boys.

Jack Bell:

Video:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back