SEASON 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://pakenham.starcommunity.com.au/news/2019-05-14/breaking-afl-gippsland-commission-sacked/

Hmmmmmm, makes for interesting reading considering the state of AFLOE at present......
Effectively the top end of town dictating to competitions what they will be doing, or allowed to do.
The term communism comes to mind.
Tangles have seen the new article in the gazzett from one of the sacked commissioners,the way i read it,the afl outereast experiment won't last long.

They operate Wantirna Hill Club (60 pokies) and the Lilydale International (80 pokies).

They have full time administration running the football club.

Stability, success and money breeds stability, success and money. They’ve been hugely successful and well-run for decades, won over 20 flags. That brings in heaps of players, sponsors, and juniors all keen to get involved. People love a winner.

Huge network, big junior club which pays dividends with players returning to play seniors, plus bottomless resources for further recruiting.

Not really an amateur club is it and not really possible for their competitors to replicate

Not really an amateur club is it and not really possible for their competitors to replicate
Spot on Roota, and it's been known for a long while that they're model is actually more impressive (and good on them I must add) than a couple of the stand alone VFL entities who battle away year to year to keep heads above water.

Not amateur at all. You have to hand it to them, they’ve had brilliant leadership and management over the years that has got them to this point. Back in the 90s many clubs had the opportunities to get into social clubs etc but didn’t have the vision and good leadership Vermont did. Noble Park have been very successful but I think their model is a little different, there is a social club that pays dividends to a number of member clubs including NPFC. I think East Ringwood have a similar setup, though haven’t been as successful in recent times.

Still, other clubs such as Balwyn, Norwood and also Blackburn have more traditional structures and have been competitive at the top end recently.

I see that the MPNFL are looking to expand to a third division, though the pre-requisite is that all new clubs must start at Division 3. Their aim seems to be to nab the southern-most clubs in the Southern league (Carrum-Patterson Lakes, Skye, Keysborough, Frankston Dolphins, Dandenong, etc.) to appease the southern peninsula clubs like Sorrento but, as you can see, the standard will be pretty low.

Funnily enough, Cranbourne were literally trying to smash the door down last year to get admitted without luck - would it be because Cranbourne (and the other ex-SEFNL clubs) would pose a much bigger threat to them than teams from the bottom tier of the SFNL?

I see that the MPNFL are looking to expand to a third division, though the pre-requisite is that all new clubs must start at Division 3. Their aim seems to be to nab the southern-most clubs in the Southern league (Carrum-Patterson Lakes, Skye, Keysborough, Frankston Dolphins, Dandenong, etc.) to appease the southern peninsula clubs like Sorrento but, as you can see, the standard will be pretty low.

Funnily enough, Cranbourne were literally trying to smash the door down last year to get admitted without luck - would it be because Cranbourne (and the other ex-SEFNL clubs) would pose a much bigger threat to them than teams from the bottom tier of the SFNL?

Read the article Mortlock, trying to start a third divvy for teams like Crib Point, Pearcedale etc.....The distance to travel and the Population of Suburbs were given as reasons as well as no local derbies, revenue down as away supporters would not travel.....
Target clubs would be and in previous statements said to be CPL, Sth Mornington, Skye, Frankston Dolphins, Peninsula OLD Boys, Lyndhurst.
That's 6 teams to add to the existing 22 to make 28 and Andersons quote of 10,10,8 for divvies.
AFLSE are dreaming and so are MPNFL, Keysy and definetly Dandy wont move, distance factor in play here..

AFLSE, will probably see a few sackings if AFLVIC hold true to form... SEFNL should have been intergrated into MPNFL and 3 divisions formed... now we have the best of a bad situation for ALL Outer East Clubs.... A competetive competition is what ALL clubs want as it generates interest during the season and hopefully more footy fans from outside to come and watch a top clash, more $$$$ through gate and sales.
I actually admire the Outer East for trying to improve the standard of footy in their comp, hoping the existing clubs would build for the fight against the "newcomers".
Anyhow, have a good weekend!

How goods the new league!!

Upwey lose by 60 odd
Healesville lose by 120 odd
Wandin lose by 90 odd
Woori lose by 90 odd

Who would have thought tiny country towns playing against thriving population growth areas wouldn’t work out.

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Coming off one of the most equal years this is truely horrible.

All I ask... what’s in it for the original ranges clubs?

How goods the new league!!

Upwey lose by 60 odd
Healesville lose by 120 odd
Wandin lose by 90 odd
Woori lose by 90 odd

Who would have thought tiny country towns playing against thriving population growth areas wouldn’t work out.

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Coming off one of the most equal years this is truely horrible.

All I ask... what’s in it for the original ranges clubs?

Hmmmmm..... Lets look at 1st Division..... Doveton pantsed by Mt Evelyn, Pakenham pantsed by Monbulk....... Yep the whole comp is ****ed!!!! While we at it throw the baby out with the bath water too!
Wandin beats Berwick at home in Round 1, since have copped beltings from Thriving population groeth areas away..... Maybe clubs are beaten mentally before they play these teams........just a thought.......
Hey, you only have to piss off 4 clubs, the Heavyweights who MPNFL were scared of too!
Outer East knew it would be tough and hoped that their best clubs would be competitive and that these clubs would rise to a challenge...
Well obviously they got that wrong....
Just saying.................

If someone can explain to how Doveton fit the criteria for country I’d love to hear it.
Division 1 isn’t the problem and was never going to be.
Narre, Beaconsfield, Berwick and Cranbourne have no business playing in and against tiny towns with tiny populations. The numbers don’t stack up and across the board Yarra Valley clubs playing against them are non competitive due to having nowhere near comparable depth. The teams named above are conveyor belts for player numbers that the Valley clubs can only dream about.
The argument against for mine does not stack up and the problem is only going compound the longer the year goes on especially when it comes to reserve footy.

Hmmmmm..... Lets look at 1st Division..... Doveton pantsed by Mt Evelyn, Pakenham pantsed by Monbulk....... Yep the whole comp is ******!!!! While we at it throw the baby out with the bath water too!
Wandin beats Berwick at home in Round 1, since have copped beltings from Thriving population groeth areas away..... Maybe clubs are beaten mentally before they play these teams........just a thought.......
Hey, you only have to ******** 4 clubs, the Heavyweights who MPNFL were scared of too!
Outer East knew it would be tough and hoped that their best clubs would be competitive and that these clubs would rise to a challenge...
Well obviously they got that wrong....
Just saying.................
Lol, yep that’s it.

The whole idea is moronic and requires no more evidence to prove why.

Wait until the max exodus’s next year. Watch how many more reserves sides forfeit .

Read the article Mortlock, trying to start a third divvy for teams like Crib Point, Pearcedale etc.....The distance to travel and the Population of Suburbs were given as reasons as well as no local derbies, revenue down as away supporters would not travel.....
Target clubs would be and in previous statements said to be CPL, Sth Mornington, Skye, Frankston Dolphins, Peninsula OLD Boys, Lyndhurst.
That's 6 teams to add to the existing 22 to make 28 and Andersons quote of 10,10,8 for divvies.
AFLSE are dreaming and so are MPNFL, Keysy and definetly Dandy wont move, distance factor in play here..

AFLSE, will probably see a few sackings if AFLVIC hold true to form... SEFNL should have been intergrated into MPNFL and 3 divisions formed... now we have the best of a bad situation for ALL Outer East Clubs.... A competetive competition is what ALL clubs want as it generates interest during the season and hopefully more footy fans from outside to come and watch a top clash, more $$$$ through gate and sales.
I actually admire the Outer East for trying to improve the standard of footy in their comp, hoping the existing clubs would build for the fight against the "newcomers".
Anyhow, have a good weekend!

MPNFL have their own problems, I think clubs would largely prefer to go back to the old Peninsula and Nepean leagues, particularly those south of Frankston, they largely never wanted divisions. Let alone bringing in the SEFL.

All the clubs south of Frankston should form their own league. They want it and there’s enough of them.

Perhaps then the remaining of the MPNFL clubs could be merged with the old SEFL. (It should just be all part of the Southern FL, but that’s another story again).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a side note, valley vicious not so vicious bows to afl outer east and asked to take down certain comments and posts regarding premier league results..

Bunk

That is far too logical for AFLV or AFLSE to even contemplate. Your idea is probably the best fit for all clubs.

The Gippsland restructure has been a monumental ****-up and the Outer East concept that pits large populations against small country towns isn't far behind.

Too many vested interests at the wrong level.

- Issues around Dandy (clubs struggling with numbers)

- Demise of the SEFL league

- structural changes within the MPNFL

- enormous population boom in the other south-eastern suburbs

- challenges faced by inner southern clubs (ageing populations, battling with school footy and VAFA for numbers)

It’s crystal clear the whole south-east needs a proper unbiased review.

What do they get? MPNFL divisions that half the clubs don’t really want, SEFL giants merged into a Yarra Valley country league, some SFNL clubs struggling.

Quite amazing.

Too many vested interests at the wrong level.

- Issues around Dandy (clubs struggling with numbers)

- Demise of the SEFL league

- structural changes within the MPNFL

- enormous population boom in the other south-eastern suburbs

- challenges faced by inner southern clubs (ageing populations, battling with school footy and VAFA for numbers)

It’s crystal clear the whole south-east needs a proper unbiased review.

What do they get? MPNFL divisions that half the clubs don’t really want, SEFL giants merged into a Yarra Valley country league, some SFNL clubs struggling.

Quite amazing.
You make some good points.....but if the MPNFL went back to neapen and peninsula divisions.....that would be a backward step in my opinion.....sorrento would luv it.....with the Dandenong clubs situation.....clubs simply have too merge in that area.....the sfnl need too go back too 3 divisions and for the outereast,i can only suggest, possibly cutting the points down for Berwick Narre Cranny and Beacy as a quick way too cut down there dominance.

The ability of these clubs to generate and retain 1 point players far and away exceeds the Valley teams ability to produce them, the demographics don’t and never will allow that. Points are not the answer. I say again, these clubs have no business playing against small towns. The concept was horribly flawed from the get go.

You make some good points.....but if the MPNFL went back to neapen and peninsula divisions.....that would be a backward step in my opinion.....sorrento would luv it.....with the Dandenong clubs situation.....clubs simply have too merge in that area.....the sfnl need too go back too 3 divisions and for the outereast,i can only suggest, possibly cutting the points down for Berwick Narre Cranny and Beacy as a quick way too cut down there dominance.

Cutting points wont work. Berwick had a team of all 1 point players. From the team the teams picked on the weekend the points were
Berwick 22
W.Y 26
Narre 29
Wandin, Upwey Cran 31
Healesville 32
Beacy 36

Berwick & Narre with plenty of room to move plus huge depth with their Reserves. Points is not the answer

The ability of these clubs to generate and retain 1 point players far and away exceeds the Valley teams ability to produce them, the demographics don’t and never will allow that. Points are not the answer. I say again, these clubs have no business playing against small towns. The concept was horribly flawed from the get go.
Most clubs are struggling to get a 18s and some of these clubs have under 18s, under 19s and some left over.

Lets face it..........its just all depressing news out there...........local footy is f234*d.........we should all follow Basketball, Aussies will medal in 2020......Something positive anyway.

Lets face it..........its just all depressing news out there...........local footy is f234*d.........we should all follow Basketball, Aussies will medal in 2020......Something positive anyway.

I went to a basketball game on 13 June 1997 at Melbourne Park. From memory, the Sydney Kings defeated the Melbourne Tigers, 106 to 96. It was all right. But I still prefer local footy, even if it is not as good as it used to be. Went to watch Wandin on Saturday. They were actually pretty competitive for three of the four quarters. They've worked out that the way to reduce the size of their losses on the big grounds is to i) short pass to unattended teammate, ii) stand there looking around for 10 seconds until umpire blows whistle, iii) repeat i). And never play on after taking a mark, even if clear. That would be taking a risk, and taking a chance is very risky. That's why Ed Hillary decided to stay at home in 1953. Too much risk out there.

Narre Warren's third quarter was exceptional. The really good sides don't go in for stodgy keepings-off. Winning in the ruck, constructive handball, running in waves through the midfield, strong contested marks from their spectacular forwards. It was worth enduring weeks of boring modern football just to see that one brilliant quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back