Season 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Netball should not now or In Future be a factor. If those wanting to play netball in a traditional country Sat format then go to a country club. It’s not the Valley clubs problem to pick up the pieces for suburban participants to get their own way. Narre Warren/Pakenham/Officer are metropolitan suburbs not towns. Using netball as an excuse is a cop out, there simply was not a problem with the YMDFL before city hall and their puppet started glory hunting.
Interesting conversation around the drip tray on Sat evening: since Sharon Mailey took over and the great expansion took place can anyone name one thing that has improved? Can anyone name one thing that the commission and Sharon do well? The website is a joke, the communication to clubs is all but non existent and they are definitely not consulted on decisions apart from Mickey Mouse surveys which no one ever sees the results of. As it stands clubs are stampeding for the door to go anywhere and Sharon and co are rolling out a bottom of the pile division 4 Southern team to replace them. What exactly do these pelicans do well or have done to improve things?
The level of anger within the competition is palpable and IMO and the many I speak to around the league ready to boil over.

Returning to the subject of netball, the existing clubs in AFLOE need to stop paying for the ineptitude of the commission and it’s puppet Sharon. Get rid of Berwick and Beaconsfield netball. The clubs chose to go, get rid of all of them. The fact that the top 2 divisions currently have an odd number of football teams resulting in a bye is ludicrous and all down to the muppet show calling the shots and Sharon doing their bidding for them.
If the EFL had any brains they’d be approaching every single club from the old Valley comp and rolling out the welcome mat.
If the OE were a business answering to actual shareholders how could Sharon Mailey or her minders possibly keep the gig? The outcomes resulting directly from their decisions and actions have all but decimated original traditional clubs and blown up what was a really good community comp. It’s staggering that they continue to posture for the current league structure with a straight face.

What are you 8 years old name calling really?

The rest I agree with.

Forgive my ignorance but why was the SEFL shut down?

When Hampton Park left they were down to 8 clubs. I don't know the exact sequence of events but Tooradin were approved to join the WGFL and left, Cranbourne were trying to get into the MPNFL and I think with only 6 clubs left in the long-term others were starting to consider their futures. Berwick had been concerned about losing players if it couldn't offer them a higher standard of footy.

The MPNFL "merger" had failed... I think there were some approaches made around them joining the SFNL but apparently they wanted their own geographic division rather than join the divisional structure. That's when the Outer East was hatched.

When Hampton Park left they were down to 8 clubs. I don't know the exact sequence of events but Tooradin were approved to join the WGFL and left, Cranbourne were trying to get into the MPNFL and I think with only 6 clubs left in the long-term others were starting to consider their futures. Berwick had been concerned about losing players if it couldn't offer them a higher standard of footy.

The MPNFL "merger" had failed... I think there were some approaches made around them joining the SFNL but apparently they wanted their own geographic division rather than join the divisional structure. That's when the Outer East was hatched.
Thanks Bunk. Looking through the history of the comp it seemed that most clubs had won multiple flags from the year 2000 on & at least every club had won at least 1. All these clubs are looking for a new home when it seems that the home they had was more than suitable.

Thanks Bunk. Looking through the history of the comp it seemed that most clubs had won multiple flags from the year 2000 on & at least every club had won at least 1. All these clubs are looking for a new home when it seems that the home they had was more than suitable.

It was competitive but think it just got too small as a league... really it was the slow breakup of the old SWGFL. Traditionally that was Narre Warren, Tooradin, Beaconsfield, Berwick, Cranbourne, Officer, Hampton Park, Keysborough, Doveton, Chelsea Heights, Dingley and Devon Meadows.

Devon Meadows embraced the MPNFL and were welcomed probably cos they were close and not overly powerful. Hampton Park, Keysy, Chelsea Heights and Dingley eventually made a home in metro footy (where they belonged). Most of the rest were left holding themselves.

They're slowing moving on, it's a shame the YVMDFL was dragged into the mess and also that they're broken up now and not all playing each other. One big move into the Southern would've been the best imo but it never happened.

Should I go park my car at Belgrave now so a get one of the three parking spots?

Who the hell fixtured the two womans Grand Finals at Belgrave?

Seriously lets keep personal agendas out of these desisions.

It was competitive but think it just got too small as a league... really it was the slow breakup of the old SWGFL. Traditionally that was Narre Warren, Tooradin, Beaconsfield, Berwick, Cranbourne, Officer, Hampton Park, Keysborough, Doveton, Chelsea Heights, Dingley and Devon Meadows.

Devon Meadows embraced the MPNFL and were welcomed probably cos they were close and not overly powerful. Hampton Park, Keysy, Chelsea Heights and Dingley eventually made a home in metro footy (where they belonged). Most of the rest were left holding themselves.

They're slowing moving on, it's a shame the YVMDFL was dragged into the mess and also that they're broken up now and not all playing each other. One big move into the Southern would've been the best imo but it never happened.
Great Info Bunk. You are right about YVMDFL being broken up. It seems one mess has now become a giant shambles across many clubs. Would be interesting to know if any of the orginal YVMDFL clubs are happy with the way the league has ended up compared to before the merger

Should I go park my car at Belgrave now so a get one of the three parking spots?

Who the hell fixtured the two womans Grand Finals at Belgrave?

Seriously lets keep personal agendas out of these desisions.
I have no idea about any agenda's however as someone very naive even I know that ground is not a finals venue OR even worse a Grand Final venue

Huge game tomorrow with Seville taking on the Brookers.

Both teams coming off good wins and will look to make a statement

Can someone explain the fascination with playing finals at Emerald? Possibly the worst ground for parking and viewing yet we have Our Premier Division playing finals there.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Can someone explain the fascination with playing finals at Emerald? Possibly the worst ground for parking and viewing yet we have Our Premier Division playing finals there.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Emerald must have applied for them.

Some clubs don't bother applying as the logistics of hosting a final either doesn't make economic or practical sense. This can be impacted by the facilities available (ie lack of parking), volunteer personnel available (if the club is playing finals then it is hard to get volunteers to turn up twice on a weekend as you won't host your own club or division) or jumping through the hoops of the 38 point plan that has to be met to satisfy the league.

I remember my club hosting a final and losing money for the day when I was a treasurer years ago (including having to hire portable toilets) and on a second occasion breaking even where one of the volunteers said they would donate $500 if we refused to host again.

Most of the money is made on gate takings (which the league get, and keeps annual costs down for clubs) and the host club then have to (or used to have to) pay 10% of takings as a hosting fee. You need to sell a lot at the bar and canteen to just try and get even and if the weather is poor and people don't venture to the canteen you are in trouble. You can also be in trouble if there are a lot of different clubs fixtured as the people just stay for their game and don't have time to get hungry or thirsty.

A club that recently hosted a junior final, where there are no gate takings, had to pay the umpires and for the footballs, which was more than their profit on the canteen for the day, their only source of income.

The only final really worth it is the Grand Final.

Some grounds are just naturally better suited, such as Yarra Glen, Healesville, Pakenham, Gembrook and Woori etc with parking, while grounds such as Belgrave, Mt. Evelyn etc are tricky. Upwey now have a bit more parking but are in a similar situation to Emerald, Monbulk, Olinda in that it is limited for a finals crowd.

I love attending the finals as there is a great atmosphere but I would hate it if my club ever decided to bother hosting again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Monbulk win and are in. It’s a head to head aggregate system this year. % has no bearing on ladder position.
Pakenham knocking off Woori changed the game completely. Whoever wins goes through, otherwise Paky beating Monbulk at Monbulk by more than 5 goals would’ve been a big ask….should be a hot one !!

Pakenham knocking off Woori changed the game completely. Whoever wins goes through, otherwise Paky beating Monbulk at Monbulk by more than 5 goals would’ve been a big ask….should be a hot one !!
Do Pakenham have to beat Monbulk by more than 19 points (the margin Monbulk won by in their first encounter) to earn 5th Tees?

Can anyone shed some light on player eligibility for finals.
How many games can you play in seniors before you don’t qualify for reserves finals?
I understand if club has both seniors and reserves playing on same day it doesn’t matter

More interested in eligibility if senior team isn’t playing, how many games in seniors before you become illegible to play reserves?

55.0 FINALS QUALIFICATIONS

55.1 SENIORS: In order to qualify for Senior Men’s Grade finals matches, a player must have played in at least four (4) matches with his club during the home and away series of matches.

55.1.1 VFL, Players returning to their home club on permit can play senior or reserve grade football. However, for the purposes of qualifying for senior finals, only senior grade matches played will apply (also refer to by-law 55.8). That means, any reserve grade game played by a VFL player on permit will not be counted for finals qualification. A VFL player cannot play Reserve Grade finals or in the final three rounds of the Reserve Grade competition. a) Further to this rule, if a VFL player represents the Outer East Football Netball in interleague, that interleague game will count towards senior finals qualification.

55.1.2 For purposes of finals eligibility within Outer East Football Netball competitions, a player who has played more than twelve (12) 1st team home and away games for a club affiliated with a senior state league competition in that season will not be eligible to play finals within Outer East Football Netball competitions. This includes but not limited to the V.F.L competitions.

55.2 RESERVES: In order to qualify for Reserves Grade finals matches, a player must have played in at least four (4) matches with his club’s Reserves Grade, Veterans or Under 18/19’s team, and not more than ten (10) matches with his club’s Senior Grade during the home and away series of matches.

55.3 Where a club has both its Senior and Reserves Grade teams playing in the Final Series on either the Saturday or Sunday of the same weekend, the only qualification requirement to play in either the Senior grade or Reserves grade shall be that a player must have played at least four (4) matches with his club during the home and away series of matches. No player may play in two (2) finals matches on the same day, finals round or weekend, with the exception for Under 18/19 boys who may play 2 games, one of which must be in their U18/U19 team.

Has anyone got any idea why finals are played on Sunday’s?

Can anyone shed some light on player eligibility for finals.
How many games can you play in seniors before you don’t qualify for reserves finals?
I understand if club has both seniors and reserves playing on same day it doesn’t matter

More interested in eligibility if senior team isn’t playing, how many games in seniors before you become illegible to play reserves?

Can you play 9 games in the reserves and 2 senior games but still play seniors ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back