Injury Season 2023 Injury updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Georgey porgey plz. This isn't about Jones. Soz I didnt make the comment the moment Butts went down. It's facetious but ty for replying xoxo
Oh so you weren’t replying to the latest update on Jones being ruled out for the year? The lost that was directly above yours? But instead an injury incurred weeks ago, my mistake.

Oh so you weren’t replying to the latest update on Jones being ruled out for the year? The lost that was directly above yours? But instead an injury incurred weeks ago, my mistake.

You pick some really weird hills to die on. I'm sorry I don't scroll beyond the latest few threads each time I log on here and I am so super sorry I don't grace you with my genius every day. Truth be told I couldn't recall the last time I've ever entered this thread.

We have a disproportionate percentage of our injury list being defenders. I made a facetious comment and apparently because the last player injured wasn't a primary defender it's got you all upset about it? Are you in one of your moods where you just want a rumble? Well you got it Porgey.

If I cared enough to defend the position that you have childishly assigned to me it would be INCREDIBLY EASY to point to several games this year where Jones has been played, at least in part, in defence. That would be enough to justify the comment if it was made about Jones even though it wasn't.

Again, super weird hill to die on but you do you.

Oh, and Butts played 10 days ago so cool definition of few weeks.

You pick some really weird hills to die on. I'm sorry I don't scroll beyond the latest few threads each time I log on here and I am so super sorry I don't grace you with my genius every day. Truth be told I couldn't recall the last time I've ever entered this thread.

We have a disproportionate percentage of our injury list being defenders. I made a facetious comment and apparently because the last player injured wasn't a primary defender it's got you all upset about it? Are you in one of your moods where you just want a rumble? Well you got it Porgey.

If I cared enough to defend the position that you have childishly assigned to me it would be INCREDIBLY EASY to point to several games this year where Jones has been played, at least in part, in defence. That would be enough to justify the comment if it was made about Jones even though it wasn't.

Again, super weird hill to die on but you do you.

Oh, and Butts played 10 days ago so cool definition of few weeks.
You have a super weird definition of a hill to die on and someone being upset.

You clearly could have responded to my post in a normal fashion and said I was talking about Butts, instead you posted like a tool and got a deserved response back.

Oh and you’ve written a few paragraphs for someone who doesn’t care about defending their position….

You clearly could have responded to my post in a normal fashion and said I was talking about Butts, instead you posted like a tool and got a deserved response back.

Oh and you’ve written a few paragraphs for someone who doesn’t care about defending their position….

George, I AM a tool. You should know this.

I know you love nothing more than to argue for the sake of it.

We can schoolyard scrap for a few more rounds or you can turn tail and go find some other sparring contest. I put it all in one post so I don't need to repeat.

Oh and it WASNT about Butts either, it's the sum total.

George, I AM a tool. You should know this.

I know you love nothing more than to argue for the sake of it.

We can schoolyard scrap for a few more rounds or you can turn tail and go find some other sparring contest. I put it all in one post so I don't need to repeat.

Oh and it WASNT about Butts either, it's the sum total.
How about you just post less & most the board will be happier for not reading your spam!

Thanks in advance. :)

Listening to radio all week there were repeated references to Crows' undermanned defence yet not once did George call in to have a cry about the fact that it wasn't spoken about the previous week.

Listening to radio all week there were repeated references to Crows' undermanned defence yet not once did George call in to have a cry about the fact that it wasn't spoken about the previous week.
Have you slept since I queried your post? Seems you’ve been carrying it with you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely the AFC and AFL have a duty of care to demand Hamill gives the game away.. pay him out in full, tell him they will look after him medically and say “sorry mate.. we cant risk it even if you want to…”

he can always say “no, I want to play on“ though.. given he’s contracted.

Last edited:
Surely the AFC and AFL have a duty of care to demand Hamill gives the game away.. pay him out in full, tell him they will look after him medically and say “sorry mate.. we cant risk it even if you want to…”

he can always say “no, I want to play on“ though.. given he’s contracted.
Sam Shaw is the lesson for the club . Now I dont know the details and whether the club helped him instigate the action ie insurance write off or he felt genuinely aggrieved. He is still today younger than Sloane

But our first and only action is - as you quite rightly mentioned - pay Hamill out and cover his medicals

In November 2016, he retired from AFL football citing ongoing concussion issues.[10] He was, however, re-drafted by the Adelaide in the 2017 rookie draft in an administrative decision related to his ongoing welfare.[11] In April 2019 he launched legal action against the Adelaide Football Club and its medical staff due to the treatment of the injury that ended his career.[12]

He's now an assistant coach for the Collingwood AFLW side

“We anticipate him making a full recovery from the surgery and it is not expected to impact his off-season program or pre-season.”
Interesting choice of phrase.

Does this indicate he is staying or just a generic response

Everything pointing towards a rupture, let’s hope the club’s language is conservative and it’s just a strain.
Same injury that stuffed Van Berlo then? Surely this one has to be a bit less severe than being hit by a sled though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back