SEASON 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Really? You want to over this again. I'm sure everyone already knows the answer to this.
Would like to see the forum move onto other clubs news, but I think if you went back over every clubs premierships in the last 10 or so years you would find that a large percentage had players that were nowhere to be seen in the years afterwards (maybe with a couple of exceptions), so to call it tainted is pretty ridiculous. I also believe most of those guys had been around for a few years, and followed the coach when he left - quite reasonable I would think, and would have happened at most clubs over the years.
Happy to be proved wrong!

You know they all didn't follow. stop stirring the pot.
We get it they all left for $$$
Trust me none of the guys left to follow the coach as such. Where many have ended up they are being well remunerated in most cases. Need to remember some of the individuals mentioned have some history in leaving clubs in the lurch to chase the dollar and a number of them are serial ‘club hoppers’.

Well done to Powelltown. Amazing job to field 2 sides. It will be a challenging year but at least they are out there. Some of the naysayers on here should now be silenced although that is wishful thinking as they love revelling in the negative space.

Last edited:
Am I right in hearing that the league has suddenly announced today that 3 teams will be relegated from Premier at seasons end ??
I am flabbergasted by this after the changes to the divisions at the end of last season! So will they be reverting back to 3 divisions or have greater numbers in D2?

I am flabbergasted by this after the changes to the divisions at the end of last season! So will they be reverting back to 3 divisions or have greater numbers in D2?
Maybe 2 will go up? Healesville & Seville seem too strong for the lower division.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should it be 2 down and none up? I'd be a bit filthy if I finished third last but could comfortably beat the D1 grand finalists any day.

3 is too many and to throw that at the clubs now is unfair.

Albeit every game means something this year now and % maybe come into play in staying or going down

Unless the clubs were calling for it, that seems a really irresponsible decision to throw it on clubs after the season has started.

Am I right in hearing that the league has suddenly announced today that 3 teams will be relegated from Premier at seasons end ??

If this is the truth that is a disgrace.

Club’s rightfully will plan in the off season their recruiting based on their goals for the season.
No one would’ve planned for having 3 sides relegated so all of a sudden clubs that may have sustainably recruited or decided to play the youth could be nervous about how their season might pan out.

This sort of s**t needs to be sorted in December.

Club’s rightfully will plan in the off season their recruiting based on their goals for the season.
No one would’ve planned for having 3 sides relegated so all of a sudden clubs that may have sustainably recruited or decided to play the youth could be nervous about how their season might pan out.

Couldn’t agree with you anymore…

Bingo.

Add it to the list of ridiculous decisions made.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back