SEASON 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Far to honest.

Only catches the people trying to do the right thing.

Never gets the outright cheats.
Care to extrapolate on this assertion? A $25k fine suggests a fair size breach if you compare it against other penalties handed down around the state. Are you saying they didn’t “cheat”? It’s a fairly straightforward system, you’ve got a figure you can’t exceed. Both clubs did. Where does the “too honest” phrase fit here?

Can assure you if Alexandra FNC are being audited there is nothing to see. Well run and financial and very fiscally responsible with recruiting and remuneration. Yes they have a lot of 'imports' but they are fellows that want to be at the club for the long term, they are not 'fly by nighters'.

A good example of how to run a football/ netball club at community level and one that Outer East needs to keep as they are a well respected group and their hospitality is first class.

You were saying?

Cheats!

what a disgrace and an embarrassment to the league.

The cash fine to a club with an abundance of money is hardly a deterrent at all.

They got of lightly with only a 4 point penalty.

With what is the worse way a club can cheat.

You were saying?

Cheats!

what a disgrace and an embarrassment to the league.

The cash fine to a club with an abundance of money is hardly a deterrent at all.

They got of lightly with only a 4 point penalty.

With what is the worse way a club can cheat.

I agree this penalty is ridiculously soft. Give me an extra gun player outside the cap and lose four points next season hardly a deterrent.

What I was insinuating is that these type of things only catch out the honest clubs.

Care to extrapolate on this assertion? A $25k fine suggests a fair size breach if you compare it against other penalties handed down around the state. Are you saying they didn’t “cheat”? It’s a fairly straightforward system, you’ve got a figure you can’t exceed. Both clubs did. Where does the “too honest” phrase fit here?

The insinuation was that by being to honest they got caught.

Cash payments from outside groups and the likes is basically impossible to nail. Hence the comment.

Wangaratta was stripped of their premiership, fined $28,000, stripped of 8 points the following season and also deducted player points.
Alex with a $40,000 fine to me suggest a massive breach. 4 points is a “ go sit in the naughty corner”.

The insinuation was that by being to honest they got caught.

Cash payments from outside groups and the likes is basically impossible to nail. Hence the comment.
They were clearly caught doing the wrong thing. There is no honesty here whatsoever, they didn’t self report, it wasn’t an administrative error.
The idea that there is levels of cheating is an egregious comment, doesn’t matter whether it’s through 3rd parties or not. They got caught. They were dishonest in their actions. Very simple scenario.

Any salary cap breach - either discovered or self-reported - should attract a set penalty of 16 points (ie. four wins) on top of the designated fine.

That would definitely make clubs in multi-divisional competitions smarten up their act knowing such a penalty would either increase their chances of relegation or harm their chances of making finals, as well as making recruitment for that season difficult knowing that new players might not be playing in a team making finals.

In a single-division competition, obviously the harmful factor is potentially not making finals which would affect recruitment.

Having to tell a recruit that "ah, we are starting the season four wins behind second last" would be a fitting punishment of rorting the system as recruits will more than likely go elsewhere and some current players (especially those who have been there one year) may re-assess their situations.

They were clearly caught doing the wrong thing. There is no honesty here whatsoever, they didn’t self report, it wasn’t an administrative error.
The idea that there is levels of cheating is an egregious comment, doesn’t matter whether it’s through 3rd parties or not. They got caught. They were dishonest in their actions. Very simple scenario.

Look I agree with all that. I'm simply saying the more dishonest don't get caught.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By the sound of it, they have got of very lightly, especially compared to Wang.
Leaves a stain on the competition especially as they made the grand final last year.
Not good enough by Alexandra (and Emerald)

Curious to see what happens with Alex now. They haven’t really lost anyone and actually gained players this year.
That to me suggests they are still well and truly over the salary!

I also have heard they can be very “chirpy” on the field… wonder if that’ll come to a stop now.

Curious to see what happens with Alex now. They haven’t really lost anyone and actually gained players this year.
That to me suggests they are still well and truly over the salary!

I also have heard they can be very “chirpy” on the field… wonder if that’ll come to a stop now.
Correct. Hope the league is looking at this years salary cap for alex now.
Maybe wont be so chirpy now as everyone knows they were and maybe still are cheating.

Do you know if they have any aspirations short or long term to get men’s up and going again or is it just too hard in that area with aging population etc
Well and truly done mate. As seen with Alex, there just isn't the local population to have one team, let alone two. And the ones who used to drive up are far too old now

Reading Emeralds statement it seems to be an administrative error rather than bona fide salary cap breech. As I said the big tome salary cap cheats don't get caught.

Not referring to any club here and what they may or may have done.

Can someone please define "administrative error" in terms of salary caps.

Is it a simple case of someone failing to carry the one over on their calculations once or the more cynical folk may say that a club treasurer wrote $250 for some payments each time "by accident" instead of $800.

Is failing to disclose something at all "an administrative error" or "deceptive conduct"?

Reading Emeralds statement it seems to be an administrative error rather than bona fide salary cap breech. As I said the big tome salary cap cheats don't get caught.
haha anyone that believes that is silly. Of course they’re trying to save face. Cheats. Should be stripped of their flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Back