Official Match Thread Season 23, Round 12 - West Coast Wonders vs Mount Buller Demons at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal
Hi

mMTlWH4.png

VS

01MainHeader.gif

Sweet F.A News

The tense elimination Final between these two Clubs in Season 22 will be fresh in both teams memories as a Demons outfit just outside of a Top 4 placing seek revenge and a chance to compound further misery on the struggling Wonders.

Form Guide
West Coast Wonders
LLLWW

Round 10: Baghdad Bombers 8.8 (56) lost to West Coast Wonders 13.8 (86)
Round 11: West Coast Wonders 14.5 (89) defeated Gold City Royals 9.2 (56)

Mount Buller Demons
WLWLL

Round 10: Mount Buller Demons 13.9 (87) lost to Sin City Swamprats 24.7 (151)
Round 11: Dragons FFC 13.12 (90) defeated Mount Buller Demons 13.9 (87)

West Coast Wonders
In a rebuilding year for the Club, up and down form has reflected the uncertainty surrounding the Wonder's posting future, and it's ability to rely on old names with a lot of history. The win against the Royals was a steadying result for a Club some may say is still reeling from a heavy duty Premiership hangover. the Wonders were quickly slipping steadily away from finals contention, but now after handling business at home last week only sit 4 points out of the Eight.

A second home game in a row, the Wonders will be looking to put that advantage to proper use and expect to get the same silver service out of the stars in the Midfield of last week. They will need to rely on their big names to drag the rest of the team over the line. It was usual performers haydo169 and I think this bloke may be celebrating a milestone(?), I'm not too sure; ClarkeM , who broke the game open for the West Coast outfit, to the tune of 105 and 95 DreamTeam points each.

With Finals on the line and a group of 3 teams perched to strike on sixteen points, the Wonders can't afford to drop any more games without going up against some really tough competition.

Player to Watch?

Tigz_09 - It's been a breakthrough year for Tigz_09, a former half back and pocket journeyman who has burst out of the midfield with exciting talent and energy to burn. Sporting the historic new West Coast Wonders guernsey debuted against the Royals, Tigz had a bit of an off game with only 18 disposals for only 51 DreamTeam Points. However, with an Exie average of over 80, expect the former Defender to bounce back big time with his effective disposal.

Mount Buller Demons
The Demons were a team that started off the year relatively strongly, the combination of then Club captain RU and former Las Vegas Bear DemonJim garnering praise, at least, on the Qooty field. RU's retirement coupled with a loss of form for Jum, which sees him slipping out of the Mobbs chokehold he had established in the last few weeks. The loss of form in their star players has also had it's impact on the confident team unit plugging along in hope of Finals.

Two losses in a row, and a form line fluctuating all over the map are not signs of a Finals contender, neither is the lowest percentage of any team in the Eight, but, a bevy of stars is. Rodney Dangerfield, who moved from the Furies last year has gone to ably assist a quality core group of players such as BRAB, c2r and Oddhawk, and what's even more exciting is seeing Headless slowly work into some promising form again.

The Two Demons rookies Fryer Tuck and philreich also look to shaping as quality players for a long, long time, but perhaps too much youth in the squad has impacted upon the team's consistency?

Player to Watch?

Van_Dyke - The sole Demons captain will have plenty of motivation to get the result for his team this week, here's just one of the reasons.

Screenshot 2017-04-18 10.08.53.png

Who will win?

Demons by 13.

Captains please have your team sheets in by the 11.59 Thursday deadline, Cheers.

Foundation cup week again? We haven't stopped celebrating from the last victory

There was a discussion in our team thread that the foundation cup is only the first game of each season. How silly

There was a discussion in our team thread that the foundation cup is only the first game of each season. How silly
It happens too often these days that the whole history and excitement around the cup and the rivalry has disappeared

I'd just like to say what a joy and privilege it is to be able to spend another week bantering with my old friends the Wonders. That's what I'd LIKE to say. However if that's what I WERE to say, I'd be lying, as you're all a bunch of flogs. Sorry I even mentioned it :)

I'd just like to say what a joy and privilege it is to be able to spend another week bantering with my old friends the Wonders. That's what I'd LIKE to say. However if that's what I WERE to say, I'd be lying, as you're all a bunch of flogs. Sorry I even mentioned it :)
Phil, it's alright, you don't have to apologise, you're simply experiencing the many stages of grief. Unfortunately you are only on the first stage, denial, soon you will move on too
Anger ("The wonders are all flogs anyway?!" "Damn these Wonders"),
Depression and Detachment ("I don't even care for the SFA, why am I stuck with Mount Buller"),
Dialogue and Bargaining ("Maybe I can get a trade to the Wonders?")
to finally, Acceptance ("I may be a flog that plays for an inferior team, but at least I accept that")

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's good to see that you have really long, insightful posts. This post is clearly the greatest I have ever seen. We should clearly bow down to you.

Phil, it's alright, you don't have to apologise, you're simply experiencing the many stages of grief. Unfortunately you are only on the first stage, denial, soon you will move on too
Anger ("The wonders are all flogs anyway?!" "Damn these Wonders"),
Depression and Detachment ("I don't even care for the SFA, why am I stuck with Mount Buller"),
Dialogue and Bargaining ("Maybe I can get a trade to the Wonders?")
to finally, Acceptance ("I may be a flog that plays for an inferior team, but at least I accept that")
You're gonna go far, kid.

That's the first decent OP I can remember for a game of qooty. 10/10 tgrs.

Hai Demons. I've recently dropped the _ from my name. Expect some more dash around the ground from yours truly this week.
Looking very svelte, Matty. I'd say the oppo wouldn't be able to lay a tackle on you now that the _ is gone but as we're playing the Semons that applies regardless.

That's the first decent OP I can remember for a game of qooty. 10/10 tgrs.

Hai Demons. I've recently dropped the _ from my name. Expect some more dash around the ground from yours truly this week.
The qooty lords will still contain the _ in your name, so we can't except any additional dash

Looking very svelte, Matty. I'd say the oppo wouldn't be able to lay a tackle on you now that the _ is gone but as we're playing the Semons that applies regardless.
You know when you masturbate at a time/place you know you shouldn't, then have this wave of regret when cleaning up? I feel that way about playing the demons. I look forward to thrashing them everytime we play, but it leaves a regretful mess of a team in our wake.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back