Official Match Thread Season 29 Round 10 - Mount Buller Demons vs Roys FFC at The Snow Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

Thursday is bingo night. Come see me after that. Any purchasing decisions will be based solely on my winnings.

Enjoy the game. Hope you don't miss any numbers when they're called out.

26464556-8157897-image-m-41_1585282150771.jpg

Son: Mum - Dad was a real gentleman on the bus today. He asked me to give up my seat, so a lady could sit down.

Mum: That's really sweet of your father - that's why I love him so much.

Son: Mind you, I was sitting on his lap at the time.

Enjoy the game. Hope you don't miss any numbers when they're called out.

26464556-8157897-image-m-41_1585282150771.jpg
Great to see The Royette’s maintaining their routines. I know they are struggling at the minute. They miss our Sunday night after parties.

You know what gets this mob riled..?

"Two Fat Ladies ... 25...
Two little ducks .... 43
One and Nine......10!"
Yeah, the guys from darts don't like it when I call out the scores like that. ☹️

I do Yak. Even though I have no idea what you’re wittering on about.

Lovely, you ask for my insights on banners, I take the time to write up a gripping expose on the subject and this is the thanks I get?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those without a barista at home.........

Take a large coffee mug

Add
One heaped teaspoon of Maccona
One of those sachets of Nescafé Mochacino
One large sugar (more or less to suit your taste)
Add a bit of milk and stir to combine the ingredients
Add boiling water

You can thank me later (the obvious exception here is Proper Gander as she is an ungrateful git!!)

For those without a barista at home.........

Take a large coffee mug

Add
One heaped teaspoon of Maccona
One of those sachets of Nescafé Mochacino
One large sugar (more or less to suit your taste)
Add a bit of milk and stir to combine the ingredients
Add boiling water

You can thank me later (the obvious exception here is Proper Gander as she is an ungrateful git!!)
That’s terrible Yak

So TedDougChris what have been some of the highlights of the Roy’s season so far?

Where the hell is fitzroybowiedog these days?

Hi Yakker !!

We've had a few good moments this year, some related to the end of last year.

Round 1, with three debutants - we broke an 8 match losing streak with a epic, one point victory over the Gumbies.
Since then we've knocked over the reigning premiers and are currently on a three match winning streak. Which is pretty encouraging given we had lost 15 of our last 6 games....

Individually, we've seen some breakout performances from our rookies and young guns. PurpleGreenRed kicked 3 and racked up 131 DT points in a win a few weeks back, only for Runk to say "I'll have some of that with a 141 DT point game a few weeks after. Our new CHF windyhill kicked 5 a few weeks back - while the great man Mooch is averaging 8 goals a game during our recent winning streak. Mego Red and PurpleGreenRed have both been nominated for the Rising Star award, with windyhill unlucky after his 5 goal game. I suspect that he may be the Beandip of S29..... I Dont Care is backing up his excellent S28 with a dominant S29.

Posting wise, we're a bit down on the heights of the last few years, but like everyone - these here are crazy times and we're hoping everyone can get through this safely and returns to the league shortly.

fitzroybowiedog still wanders is - mercilessly sledges the opposition and just saunters out before they can recover their wits..... The big fella deserves a bit of R&R from time to time, but I suspect if we are in contention towards the end of the year - he'll ease out of first gear and drift in more regularly.... We've also left a list spot open for Broken - in case times are good.....

How are things out your way ???

This post fulfills my contractual obligations for today..... Except I have a teamsheet to do at some stage. Can someone remind me..... ? Thanks.

Hello James. I think I speak for all the Roys when I say we're on top of the world right now. I trust you are well too? Especially now you don't have to put up with daily Metro Rail shenanigans.
Now now wmoore :p Settle down there I don't post that much about Metro. :p

Great to see The Royette’s maintaining their routines. I know they are struggling at the minute. They miss our Sunday night after parties.
Beryl was telling the other morning in the lounge when we were watching Ray Martin Midday Show repeats that she's got a thing for Mooch

I said 'Really?'

She said 'Yeah, this thing' and pointed to the Royettes standing by the wall

Remove this Banner Ad

Back