Official Match Thread Season 32 - Round 13: Gold City Royals vs West Coast Wonders at The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

squib-game-png.1263392

WARNING: This contains potential spoilers of a similarly named dystopian Korean TV show, although the names have been changed for obvious reasons.

Episode One - Red Light, Green Light

Mozzie19 is down on his luck, having welched on bets with loan sharks while becoming estranged from his former team, the Baghdad Bombers. At a train station, he is asked by a well-dressed man (Marlowe) to play a game of qooty for money. The man gives Mozzie a card, inviting him to play games with higher stakes.

squib-game-marlowe-png.1263395

squib-game-mozzie-card-png.1263398

Mozzie accepts, is knocked unconscious, and taken to a mysterious location with 26 other players who awaken in a dormitory and are identified by numbers on their tracksuits. The location is managed by masked staff in pink jumpsuits and overseen by the Front Man, masked and dressed in black. The players are all in dire financial straits and will be given billions of ClarkMonies in prize money if they win six games over six days. Mozzie befriends Player 001, an elderly man suffering from a brain tumour, and recognizes among the players haydo, a former classmate and businessman, and Player 023, a pickpocket who stole his money after winning a horse race bet. The first game is Red Light, Green Light, where those who lose are killed on the spot, revealing the sadistic nature of the games. Mozzie is saved from falling by Player 014, a foreign worker from New South Wales, and is able to complete the game.

Episode Two - Heck

More than half of the players are killed in the first game, and a few horrified survivors beg to leave. According to the third clause of the game's agreement, if the majority vote to end the games, all players will be sent home but no money will be given. The players vote, and Player 001's deciding vote has all of them sent home safely. Mozzie goes to the police but no one believes him except Detective ClarkeM, whose missing brother received the same invitation card as Mozzie. All players are given the chance to return to the games and many do so due to desperation, including Mozzie, whose mother needs surgery; haydo, who is about to be arrested for financial fraud; Player 001, who does not wish to die on the outside; Player 023, who wishes to exfiltrate her parents from North Queensland and get her little brother out of an orphanage; Player 014, who attacked and gravely wounded his boss for being an absolute flog; and Player 099 (real name JT_the_Man), a gangster on the run from gambling debts. Clarke secretly follows Mozzie when he is picked up by the game staff.

Episode Three - The Man With The Umbrella

Clarke successfully infiltrates the games by disguising himself as a masked worker, and it is revealed that the location is a remote island. The players are now more prepared and start forming alliances. Mozzie, haydo, Player 001, and Player 014 team up. In the second game, the players are to pick a stamped shape out of some sweet sweet honeycomb. haydo recognizes the game after learning about it from Player 023, but does not warn his teammates and chooses the simplest shape for himself. Mozzie ends up picking the most difficult shape, an umbrella, but is able to complete the game by licking the honeycomb to melt it.

squib-game-mozzie-umbrella-jpg.1263434

Player 045, a rowdy and manipulative woman, helps JT complete the game with a smuggled lighter. A scared player takes a staff member hostage and forces him to unmask himself. Shocked that the staff member is only a young man, the player deletes his account and the staff member is killed by the Front Man for revealing his identity.

Stay tuned for the rest of the Squib Game, and captains you'll have your team sheets in on time if you know what's good for you...

1634604823940-png.1263464

squib-game-2-png.1263433

(Edit: Appropriated) by ClarkeM

Last edited:

That show was weird and yet, I enjoyed it. Forgot all about it.

That man could make anything and I'd still want him to be my best friend.

But how many OP authors are we going to have this round? You are the 3rd, ClarkeM! And there are matches still unthreaded.

NaturalDisaster, what’s going on?
All I know is that match threads went up hours ago except for the one I care about which is this one and as that's not fair, it's now here.

Hopefully we can just merge this one with the real thread so Paul Rudd might stumble across me and ClarkeM revering him and then he'll PM us and ask us to come to be on the set of Ant Man 4 and then we'll somehow get cast in later MCU movies, perhaps the new X-Men series as Wolverine and Nightcrawler.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully we can just merge this one with the real thread so Paul Rudd might stumble across me and ClarkeM revering him and then he'll PM us and ask us to come to be on the set of Ant Man 4 and then we'll somehow get cast in later MCU movies, perhaps the new X-Men series as Wolverine and Nightcrawler.

I've never seen a diamond in the flesh
I cut my teeth on wedding rings in the movies
And I'm not proud of my address
In a torn-up town, no postcode envy

But every song's like
Gold teeth, Grey Goose, trippin' in the bathroom
Bloodstains, ball gowns, trashin' the hotel room
We don't care, we're driving Cadillacs in our dreams
But everybody's like
Cristal, Maybach, diamonds on your timepiece
Jet planes, islands, tigers on a gold leash
We don't care, we aren't caught up in your love affair

And we'll never be royals (Royals)
It don't run in our blood
That kind of luxe just ain't for us
We crave a different kind of buzz
Let me be your ruler (Ruler)
You can call me queen bee
And baby, I'll rule (I'll rule, I'll rule, I'll rule)
Let me live that fantasy

But every song's like
But everybody's like

Let me live that fantasy
That’s a bit bloody deep for Sweet FA.

Find your dreams come true
And I wonder if you know
What it means, what it means
And I wonder if you know
And I wonder if you know
What it means to find your dreams

I've been waiting on this my whole life
These dreams be waking me up at night
You say I think I'm never wrong
You know what, maybe you're right, aight

And I wonder if you know
And I wonder if you know

You say he get on your ******* nerves
You hope that he get what he deserves, word
Do you even remember what the issue is
You just trying to find where the tissue is
You can still be who you wish you is
It ain't happen yet
And that's what the intuition is
When you hop back in the car
Drive back to the crib
Run back to their arms
The smokescreens
The chokes and the screams
You ever wonder what it all really mean

And I wonder if you know
And I wonder if you know

And I'm back on my grind
A psychic read my lifeline
Told me in my lifetime
My name would help light up the Chicago skyline
And that's what I'm
Seven O'clock, that's primetime
Heaven'll watch, God calling from the hotlines
Why he keep giving me hot lines
I'm a star, how could I not shine
How many ladies in the house
How many ladies in the house without a spouse
Something in your blouse got me feeling so aroused
What you about
On that independent s**t
Trade it all for a husband and some kids
You ever wonder what it all really mean
You ever wonder if you'll find your dreams

But every song's like
But everybody's like

Let me live that fantasy
Marlowe is this Avril worthy

Is Wolverine's new power blinding people when they shine a light on their head?

As for Nightcrawler, I assume he vanishes for a lot longer, only to finally reappear during awards season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back