Official Match Thread Season 34 Round 6: West Coast Wonders vs Fighting Furies at The Colosseum [Heritage Round]

Remove this Banner Ad

maxresdefault-jpg.1500503

The SFA is an inclusive, thriving community with a long 21+ year history. Throughout the years, thousands of people have come through dozens of clubs in the league, creating countless moments, stories and memories. What makes the SFA unique is that it's not just a game, it's an adventure. It's an ongoing story that continues from generation to generation. Each season, legends are made, history is created. And whether you are playing your first ever game of Qooty this week, or you've been here for over 400 games, you have it in your power to weave your own thread in the beautiful fabric of this league.

This week is Heritage Round, and in Season 34 we will be diving head first into the enthralling reminiscence of the experiences from some of your favourite Qootballers during their journey for 12 of the 13 clubs who have history.

Two of these said clubs clashing this round are the West Coast Wonders and Fighting Furies.

West Coast Wonders​

The West Coast Wonders is a fantasy football side in the Sweet FA. The Wonders were formed in Season 01 as the Seventh Wonders, before changing their name to the West Coast Wonders in Season 07. The West Coast Wonders (formerly known as "Seventh Wonders") were the seventh team to enter the SFA before Season 01 had commenced.

Source: West Coast Wonders - Club Profile

Fighting Furies​

Fighting Furies SFA Club was established by rfctigerarmy in April 25, 2003. RFCTA was captain/coach and the vice captain was CJH. The first season was very poor and the Furies finished last on the ladder due to a points penalties accrued throughout the season.

rfctigerarmy thoughts on the History of the Fighting Furies: "I hadn't played in the league or Fantasy Footy before but I did have a look and thought it would be fantastic if the Richmond board could have their own side. As you can see in the first season we played, not many teams were purely based from a supporter base - most were a combination of players.

The name came to be "Fighting Furies" after public decision through the use of a poll but just on the Richmond board. We came up with about 5 or 6 options with Fighting Furies chosen as the eventual winner. The first year was pretty hard because I (we) had to convince people to post. And, I think 7-11 wasn't a bad ratio under the circumstances. I'm not sure how long I was captain/coach for (maybe 2006?) but I remember being captain/coach in 2005 (thus my info under my username).... still very proud. But, in addition to that, The Furies have made significant progress over the last year or two which is fantastic and what I've always wanted. Users of BigFooty are really passionate to see the Furies win and love to have a bit of a banter. Back in the old days, the number of posters were obviously less than what we have now but we've always had that cheek about us.

The Fighting Furies played and were situated on Tiger Island from Season 03 to Season 06 before being approached by a multi billionaire to transfer their headquarters and home games to the Punt Road Oval which is situated a stones throw away from the punt that traveled to Tiger Island, upon doing so the billionaire became penniless and was never seen of again.

Author: Unknown (Sweet F.A Wiki)

Source: Fighting Furies - Club Profile

Now let's explore the vast collection of memorable moments from your fellow Qooty enthusiasts who have played for either of these two clubs.

wordcloud (11).jpg
West Coast Wonders (WON)

My next club was the Wonders, 2x premierships there, captaining the Season 15 would have been my career highlight. Playing alongside some budding young superstars like Wise Guy Sam and DemonJim, club legends like ClarkeM and croweater 41 made life as a Wonder a fun time. - ShaunDuggan

There was nothing memorable about the Wonders. - Ant Bear

What about when you got dropped in a final? That was funny. - ClarkeM

It's cute how you think that this gave me anything more than a massive sense of relief that my time in hell was over :smilev1: - Ant Bear

The Last Dance at the Wonders was a hoot. Clarkey may correct me, I think we were last after about 5 or 6 rounds and may have also been the season we engineered Elton Johns Wig being dropped. We got on a roll and had some fab match threads, the highlight being the Foundation match with the Demons. - Dingster

Ahhh season 29. By this point the SFA was the last place I wanted to be. The Wonders, on the back of an improbable finals berth, reached out to me for an improbable Prelim finals appearance.
I was hesitant but eventually relented and, despite being part of a Wonders in-joke, it was personally one of the most enjoyable weeks I've had around here and gave me an appreciation for the people of the West Coast.
The Wonders fell narrowly short of a Grand Final berth that season, but it probably fuelled my more recent returns to the league.
I'd love to be able to do this again with these guys, but unfortunately that drop in finals berth is no longer an option. - Broken

Wonders - Very brief stay, not much to add other than getting traded for xenxen was an experience. - nahnah

wordcloud (3).jpg
Fighting Furies FFC (FUR)

The Fighting Furies were the first of my now, shamefully, four clubs. I had no clue what the competition was until fumbler asked if I wanted to join. I had two stints at the Fighting Furies. The memories that stick out are having many a CIVIL DISCUSSION with the various leadership groups regarding their committee decisions, often poor decisions in my mind. There was one issue in which they voted against the consensus of the club outside of the leadership group after seeking their opinion. It may have been on expansion, but I honestly can not recall and Tigerturbulance and I are best friends now. It was a hoot of a discussion. However, they can all rest easy that it was not as bad as what we are going to talk about when I get to my third club. - Hate

Captains Remember to post your team sheets prior to 11:59pm Thursday, Sydney time.

maxresdefault-jpg.1500503

The SFA is an inclusive, thriving community with a long 21+ year history. Throughout the years, thousands of people have come through dozens of clubs in the league, creating countless moments, stories and memories. What makes the SFA unique is that it's not just a game, it's an adventure. It's an ongoing story that continues from generation to generation. Each season, legends are made, history is created. And whether you are playing your first ever game of Qooty this week, or you've been here for over 400 games, you have it in your power to weave your own thread in the beautiful fabric of this league.

This week is Heritage Round, and in Season 34 we will be diving head first into the enthralling reminiscence of the experiences from some of your favourite Qootballers during their journey for 12 of the 13 clubs who have history.

Two of these said clubs clashing this round are the West Coast Wonders and Fighting Furies.

West Coast Wonders​

The West Coast Wonders is a fantasy football side in the Sweet FA. The Wonders were formed in Season 01 as the Seventh Wonders, before changing their name to the West Coast Wonders in Season 07. The West Coast Wonders (formerly known as "Seventh Wonders") were the seventh team to enter the SFA before Season 01 had commenced.

Source: West Coast Wonders - Club Profile

Fighting Furies​

Fighting Furies SFA Club was established by rfctigerarmy in April 25, 2003. RFCTA was captain/coach and the vice captain was CJH. The first season was very poor and the Furies finished last on the ladder due to a points penalties accrued throughout the season.

rfctigerarmy thoughts on the History of the Fighting Furies: "I hadn't played in the league or Fantasy Footy before but I did have a look and thought it would be fantastic if the Richmond board could have their own side. As you can see in the first season we played, not many teams were purely based from a supporter base - most were a combination of players.

The name came to be "Fighting Furies" after public decision through the use of a poll but just on the Richmond board. We came up with about 5 or 6 options with Fighting Furies chosen as the eventual winner. The first year was pretty hard because I (we) had to convince people to post. And, I think 7-11 wasn't a bad ratio under the circumstances. I'm not sure how long I was captain/coach for (maybe 2006?) but I remember being captain/coach in 2005 (thus my info under my username).... still very proud. But, in addition to that, The Furies have made significant progress over the last year or two which is fantastic and what I've always wanted. Users of BigFooty are really passionate to see the Furies win and love to have a bit of a banter. Back in the old days, the number of posters were obviously less than what we have now but we've always had that cheek about us.

The Fighting Furies played and were situated on Tiger Island from Season 03 to Season 06 before being approached by a multi billionaire to transfer their headquarters and home games to the Punt Road Oval which is situated a stones throw away from the punt that traveled to Tiger Island, upon doing so the billionaire became penniless and was never seen of again.

Author: Unknown (Sweet F.A Wiki)

Source: Fighting Furies - Club Profile

Now let's explore the vast collection of memorable moments from your fellow Qooty enthusiasts who have played for either of these two clubs.

West Coast Wonders (WON)

My next club was the Wonders, 2x premierships there, captaining the Season 15 would have been my career highlight. Playing alongside some budding young superstars like Wise Guy Sam and DemonJim, club legends like ClarkeM and croweater 41 made life as a Wonder a fun time. - ShaunDuggan

There was nothing memorable about the Wonders. - Ant Bear

What about when you got dropped in a final? That was funny. - ClarkeM

It's cute how you think that this gave me anything more than a massive sense of relief that my time in hell was over :smilev1: - Ant Bear

The Last Dance at the Wonders was a hoot. Clarkey may correct me, I think we were last after about 5 or 6 rounds and may have also been the season we engineered Elton Johns Wig being dropped. We got on a roll and had some fab match threads, the highlight being the Foundation match with the Demons. - Dingster

Ahhh season 29. By this point the SFA was the last place I wanted to be. The Wonders, on the back of an improbable finals berth, reached out to me for an improbable Prelim finals appearance.
I was hesitant but eventually relented and, despite being part of a Wonders in-joke, it was personally one of the most enjoyable weeks I've had around here and gave me an appreciation for the people of the West Coast.
The Wonders fell narrowly short of a Grand Final berth that season, but it probably fuelled my more recent returns to the league.
I'd love to be able to do this again with these guys, but unfortunately that drop in finals berth is no longer an option. - Broken

Wonders - Very brief stay, not much to add other than getting traded for xenxen was an experience. - nahnah

Fighting Furies FFC (FUR)

The Fighting Furies were the first of my now, shamefully, four clubs. I had no clue what the competition was until fumbler asked if I wanted to join. I had two stints at the Fighting Furies. The memories that stick out are having many a CIVIL DISCUSSION with the various leadership groups regarding their committee decisions, often poor decisions in my mind. There was one issue in which they voted against the consensus of the club outside of the leadership group after seeking their opinion. It may have been on expansion, but I honestly can not recall and Tigerturbulance and I are best friends now. It was a hoot of a discussion. However, they can all rest easy that it was not as bad as what we are going to talk about when I get to my third club. - Hate

Captains Remember to post your team sheets prior to 11:59pm Thursday, Sydney time.
love it! thanks for the write up KP!

wonders. ive heard lovely things about you lot. hope its true..

to be fair. you cant do any worse than the warriors. and weve already taken care of the bears.. so should be smooth sailing from here.

looking forward to a fun week with you all!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

love it! thanks for the write up KP!

wonders. ive heard lovely things about you lot. hope its true..

to be fair. you cant do any worse than the warriors. and weve already taken care of the bears.. so should be smooth sailing from here.

looking forward to a fun week with you all!
Fun and Wonders don't merge well. Take it from my experience.

Nothing much, just been keeping up that RL grind
are we on for another RL game with this lot pick??

we almost made it a reality with the royals didnt we? can we pull it off here??

Well if it isn't future EKA medallist and lasagna enthusiast kananooks, heritage round just gets better and better.

oh hi. yes. hello. im kananooks. apparently future bomber. confirmed degenerate. one day ill be an oob when im old and grey and cant run so ill just sit at FF. until then fury for life baby

Who is your worst experience?
warriors
bears
daylight
mods.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back