Official Match Thread Season 35 First Preliminary Final: Gold City Royals vs Ophidian Old Boys FFC at The Golden Throne (MOTR)

Remove this Banner Ad

S35 First Preliminary Final at The Golden Throne (MOTR)
1686641564482.png

Way back in R7 PhenomenalV1 did the OPs for the Royals vs the OOBs and the Wazzas vs the Wonders.

Official Match Thread - Season 35, Round 7: Gold City Royals vs Ophidian Old Boys at The Golden Throne

Fast forward to the prelims and these exact teams will play off for a spot in the big dance. Lets get in the Sweet time machine and go....
1686641700572.jpeg
It was a rainy day at The Golden Throne and big game grumbleguts snagged the opening goal and the Royals jumped away to 4.1 to 2.3 lead at the break. WAIT!! There was a controversial score review as Bonz no doubt present at the Kennedy assassination kicked with a kick that transcended time.

1 : 24.43 {FF} - He sees a lead by Bonz and kicks in that direction.
1 : 24.47 {FF} - Bonz can't take it.
1 : 24.53 {FF} - Bonz picks it up on the bounce.
1 : 24.57 {FF} - A gimme goal coming up if Bonz keeps his cool.

Count them with all six fingers you genetic freaks - an eternal six seconds later the qooty registered a goal

2 : 25.03 {C} - Great goal by Bonz.

This all became all too much for philreich and he started the second quarter by posting some of the Bombers vs Roys match. Ligma slay!!! LMAO Dr Phil

The second quarter was all about the OOBs as they slammed on 5 goals 5 to 2 goals 2 to lead by 17 points at HT.

The third quarter was where the Royals came roaring back and the OOBs lead was cut back to 3 points setting up a thrilling final quarter.

The final quarter was always going to go down to the wire and Ulahoopski was the matchwinner kicking the winning goal with a minute and a half to go as the Royals won a thriller by 2 points.

Membling was BOG with 28 possies and 100 DT. nahnah and kenneyswarriors both kicked 4.

Fast forward to the finals. How did both teams get here?

Royals - again in the rain against the Wazzas, the Royals kicked the first four goals but only lead by a goal at HT. They got on top in the third to lead by three goals on the back of some accurate kicking in the wet - 11.4.70. However by the 13 mins mark the Wazzas took the lead. Dejavu as it we go back to the future and Ulahoopski put the Royals back in front at the 21 min mark and the Royals would go on to win by 4 points. Cadsky was BOG with 5 goals and 103 DT.

OOBs - again in the rain against the Furies, the OOBs kicked the opener thanks to Wickzki. It was goal for goal with both teams kicking 4 and the Furballs lead by 1 point at quarter time and they extended that to 14 points at the half. Captain Tigerturbulance brought out the top shelf tactics to get the OOBs going.

3 : 25.01 {C} - SplintWhisky had that ruck contest all to themself.
3 : .1 {lW} - U2tigers threads his way through traffic.

The Furies were confused as the OOBs cut the deficit in half to only trail by 7 points at three quarter time. In the final quarter the OOBs defs gave a F. Fleabane and FireKrakouer kicked the winning goals and the OOBs got up to win by 5 points. Mobbs kicked 3 while Robertio and U2tigers controlled the midfield.

Team changes - nahnah is a minimalist and the Royals will go in unchanged. Tigerturbulance is a loose cannon and could make multiple changes just for the fun of it.

Final word to the opposition
Cakey - Facing the OoB in a prelim is interesting.

We match up well against them

Our defense will easily hold them in check- the only thing to be scared of is bonz blinding the team with some of his pictures.

Our midfield is better then theres and to any suggestion their defence can hold our fwd line in check i only have 1 word to say to this nahnah

Nahnah - why da faq did we recruit hotchilli? He keeps banging on about mint. Also we should have off loaded GreyCrow and grumbleguts to the Swampies. They are just philreich bots anyways. Oh well at least we didn't recruit Cadsky

Turbo - The royals have only managed to win 4 of their last 7 games which is typical of a disorganized team with a lack of player depth and no clear game strategy. Whereas the OOB have a professional qooty program which has resulted in 7 wins from our last 7 games. We will destroy the Royals on Sunday and they will be more confused and unsure of what's going on than Cadsky was about the Old Boy and Dragon merger.

EJW - I don't need false bravado when I'm up against a side that has a 7 man LG with co-captains. Screams to me as being a club that gets ribbons for participation, everyone gets a prize. They'll be just happy to be there, dancing around in their pretty purple dresses skipping with each other and holding hands (NTTAWWT).

Then I see that Golumless is in the LG. That bloke was last relevant around the era of the introduction of colour TV. So I'm not too concerned about what I'm facing next up. Make sure you have extra ambulances on stand by.

Captains or someone from the LG get your team sheets in by Thursday 11:59 Vic bias time

Hey Mobbs

The Sandlot Flirting GIF

so Dragons Royals do you want to merge with the Old Boys S36?

Don't worry this will just be between our 2 teams, no-one needs to know,
also don't let on to Cadsky he cant help but spill his guts on anything he hears
I'd do anything for Mobbs.

so Dragons Royals do you want to merge with the Old Boys S36?

Don't worry this will just be between our 2 teams, no-one needs to know,
also don't let on to Cadsky he cant help but spill his guts on anything he hears
It was fun regardless

In this week this most auspicious week we celebrate the birthday of our one true King

All Hail King Charles 3rd -King of all he surveys

It now falls to small pack of traveling sportists to save the Empire from chaos.

Chaos cannot reign , chaos cannot overcome

If you observe the minions who come as agents of chaos you will observe a slight ridge above the brow.

That is not a lip to keep the rain out of their eyes -NO - it is a genetic defect. And one that tells those of good breeding to avoid. Oh it's fine for a bit of rumpy pumpy but never be seduced by their inferior traits.

Yelling out gizabeerdarl and didyercomewhocares
And assorted phrases like yeah mate matey mate mate and carndickhead wanna go

We cannot let them prevail.

As inheritors of standards we will overcome

Because we are born to rule

Did someone order a game winning last goal of the day? I've got a 60m torp, boundary line daicosian curve ball and goal square volley on offer.
Just let me know your preference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In this week this most auspicious week we celebrate the birthday of our one true King

All Hail King Charles 3rd -King of all he surveys

It now falls to small pack of traveling sportists to save the Empire from chaos.

Chaos cannot reign , chaos cannot overcome

If you observe the minions who come as agents of chaos you will observe a slight ridge above the brow.

That is not a lip to keep the rain out of their eyes -NO - it is a genetic defect. And one that tells those of good breeding to avoid. Oh it's fine for a bit of rumpy pumpy but never be seduced by their inferior traits.

Yelling out gizabeerdarl and didyercomewhocares
And assorted phrases like yeah mate matey mate mate and carndickhead wanna go

We cannot let them prevail.

As inheritors of standards we will overcome

Because we are born to rule
Elton Johns Wig enjoy your rucking bucket of GreyCrow this week, there is a lot of it

greycrow fried.jpg

Did someone order a game winning last goal of the day? I've got a 60m torp, boundary line daicosian curve ball and goal square volley on offer.
Just let me know your preference.
I've always respected a player that goes for the 60m torp option

Hi old boys (& Mrs Turbo )

Should be a fun week.

Looking forward to Bonz gracing us with plenty of cat pictures.
It’s my 55th birthday tomorrow!! I’ve asked my wife if I could have her cake tomorrow :roflv1::roflv1:

It’s my 55th birthday tomorrow!! I’ve asked my wife if I could have her cake tomorrow :roflv1::roflv1:
NGL,I thought you were younger and female, so this confuses me very much.

Mind you- took me a while to displace the notion that BRAB wasnt Dean Margetts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back